Utards whos riding what

Discussion in 'The Rockies – It's all downhill from here...' started by frog, May 22, 2008.

1. harcus

harcus Long timer

Oddometer:
    Henderson Wheel on 300 west / 1700 is so has everything a person could want for trailer fab /rebuild.
  2. pluric

pluric Gimpy Adventurer

Oddometer:
    Is there an echo in here?
  3. The Walrus

The Walrus Gone and back again.

Oddometer:
    :confused

So.........where is this trailer place..............:scratch

On to a different topic.........can't wait for Roostre to shove that mucky photo up here.........

Two piggys, a couple smokers and a WR250 went a riding........one piggy laid down in the mud.........but the other piggy was more muddy in the end......:dg

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

BTW, I said I needed a DRY RUN..........you FF's...........:D
  4. HickOnACrick

HickOnACrick Groovinator

Oddometer:
    Thanks for the input on the place to get my trailer fixed up!
  5. harcus

harcus Long timer

Oddometer:
    Damn...I've got to remember o read the WHOLE report!

Pluric is always pushing to the front of the line!
  6. harcus

harcus Long timer

Oddometer:
    Note...depending on what is trashed & the cost, there may be a better deal on KSL...check it out
  7. The Walrus

Oddometer:
    Wait, didn't you see a salvage trailer at Cherry Creek? Why spend money.....:brow
  8. Roostre

Roostre Disco

Oddometer:
    You just can't keep some guys from laying down and wrassling a pig when they find mud..in this case a Big Red Pig!:rofl

Unfortunately I missed the shot where Infidel and his pig were both completely submerged; he got shy when we caught them and hurriedly picked her back up.:D

He seemed a little pissed that he hadn't been allowed to finish:

[​IMG]

You can just feel the bond between man and pig in this one:
    [​IMG]

It was a gorgeous day to ride...blue skies...perfect temperature...so we decided to disassemble and repair a bike instead.:freaky
    [​IMG]

A few more:
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

All in all a great day and loads of fun!! :clap

(No pigs were actually harmed.)
  9. harcus

harcus Long timer

Oddometer:
    As Rooster noted, Infidel could not wait. As soon as we came to the first creek, he jumped in with the BRP & started rolling around.

Then, after realizing that the BRP was now DOA, he conned everyone into helping him remove the 5 gallons on H2O that the pig had ingested....

[​IMG]

Here you see him trying to explain how the "Troll just jumped out and snarfed his wheel & caused him to fall". A likely story...

[​IMG]

Some people can't be taken anywhere.:evil
  10. Paramtn

Paramtn NeverSurrender

Oddometer:
    Henderson is on state in Midvale about 7500-7800 South. I think there are a few around so check for the nearest to you.
    http://www.hendersonwheel.com/Store_Locator.htm
    You Guys forgot this shot of me last weekend. Still not sure of exacly what happened but he took a likeing to my scooter. I was just enjoying the day cruisin along and then Slam!!!. Sure wish I woulda put the helmet on. Just goes to show ya always be ready for the unthinkable.

Attached Files:

• bull.jpg
      bull.jpg
      File size:
      64.9 KB
      Views:
  11. MSH

MSH The Salt

Oddometer:
    What rack is on that pig? It looks burly! Any more info on it?
  12. pluric

pluric Gimpy Adventurer

Oddometer:
    Infidel, you may want to PM Plaznmud to see if you can change handles.
  13. trackhead

trackhead Transient

Oddometer:
  14. harcus

harcus Long timer

Oddometer:
    That is one of my designs. Planning on marketing them. Fits a saddle bag system. Working on a web sight but not there yet. Will send info if interested. Have designs for XR, 990 KTM, old KLR...:D
  15. GISkev

GISkev wwfsmd?

Oddometer:
    Are those for hard bags? looks solid!

if so, they'd be perfect for chill touring! I'm an enemy of hard bags for the tougher DS stuff though (paging dumbGRRRRRL on last Moab trip...). I nearly broke my leg on a KLX 650 somewhere between SLC and Cedar City (solo, but w/ SPOT) in the bfe west dez by dropping a foot for a turn and having the Pelican case crush from the knee down (paging Hick for bone names...) and don't advise hard cases for anything tough-ish. actually just a big bruise and the fear of God in nowhereland.

I'm running the soft dirt-bagz now, and for big tours security for "your precious" amounts to nothin' w/soft bags (but wear a bullet proof vest if i'm actually near by & yer jackin my shit)

Do ADV riders get a homie discount? I'd run hard bags on some of the stuff i ride, but do note the broken lower leg syndrome... I'd be interested in a hard/soft option (dirt-bags are soft only!; begin Pluric/Infidel crass sex ref here...) so i'll be awaiting the release of the excellent experience design of the Harcus rack! Woo -Hoo!

I modded (Stan "the Man", modded) my subframe to handle XR650R w/ dirt-bagz to handle some extra abuse (...like, pick the piggy up by the tail rack!... research for the Hickster! KTM's suck!... Wanna trade, since they suck?) anyway, hauling gear is a function of numerous factors...

-center of gravity (physicists, please correct me!, what the hell is moment of inertia? )
    -weight
    -security (if needed, usually not)

What did i miss?

I'd like to see an equation that computes the optimal luggage system for varying agendas...

Thoughts, anyone?
  16. trackhead

trackhead Transient

Oddometer:
    The ONLY thing I don't like about carrying gear in the Giant Loop fashion is on really technical terrain when you have to get WAY back on the seat for a big drop, is the gear bag hits you in the ass. That's about the only advantage I can see for paniers.

My old XRR has a big steel sub-frame. No worries for the yank and crank on that pig.
  17. Ryman

Ryman Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Moment of inertia can be thought of as an objects resistance to rotation about a given axis. :norton

You're thinking to much Kev. KISS
  18. The Walrus

Oddometer:
    Piggy Alert:

If anybody has a spare OIL FILTER COVER O-RING (GASKET) PN - 11335-mbn-670 for an XRR 650, please PM or email me. I have #3 coming 3-day delivery and can replace it ASAP.

Background: Piggy doesn't swim well and current o-ring is torn.....:smooch

None of the local Honda dealers will admit to having one in stock.....3-5 day delivery.......:rolleyes
  19. NOTAR_520

NOTAR_520 Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Route looks good, have you ridden it before? I've never been on the road that cuts across the lake just west of Ogden.

Through the Impact area, they like you to stay on the main road.

[​IMG]

I like your route, we rode too much slab. If the Impact area is closed, you'll have a much longer reroute. The slab did help on time though.

[​IMG]
  20. NOTAR_520

NOTAR_520 Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Some nice pictures on that ride, how long did it take to get your pig running again?