Greater Williamsburg TOR Chatter

Discussion in 'Southeast, The Lair of the Dragon - The Blue Ridge' started by JHVA, May 12, 2010.

1. JHVA

JHVA Long timer

Oddometer:
    To quote HBurgNinja, "Because chatter ain't tag" :muutt:topes
  2. JHVA

JHVA Long timer

Oddometer:
    Saturday May 15th 10AM to whenever (We have use of the airport facility all day) at the Williamsburg Jamestown Airport there will be a Vintage Japanese Motorcycle Gathering. All Vintage makes and models welcome to attend. Event is free. Bikes can start arriving at 10AM. More info here: http://www.vjmcofvirginia.org
  3. UpST8

UpST8 turnin gas to noise

Oddometer:
    :thumb
  4. UpST8

Oddometer:
    Man, y'all are moving some tags around out there. Reminds me of when HR TOR first kicked off. I made that thread since I wanted to play and the VA Tag was never in reach for long. After HR Tag got going folks
    began to chat it up alot, so Roger123 made the Chatter thread.

It's one of the best things about Tag games, they get people talking and eventually eating together, then riding together. It really is a great way to bring the ADV family together.

Funny to see a group ride too. Beemers, cruisers, dirt bikes with blinkers and sport bikes all together with one common love. Two wheels and an strong desire to see what is up around the bend.

So. when is the Willyburg ADV dinner? or lunch run?
  5. JHVA

JHVA Long timer

Oddometer:
    A lunch or dinner sounds good at some point. Not many players with the Willyburg group yet and I see some of them that are playing on our monthly club ride (Williamsburg Riders)

Besides starting the Williamsburg Riders 8 years ago I started another group within the the VJMC (Vintage Japanese Motorcycle Club) of Southeastern Virginia, Chapter no. 6 (SE VA Field Rep). Once the next Vintage Gathering is over with (this Saturday) I can take a breather from organized clubs etc. Well, somewhat I'm the newsletter editor for the Richmond BMW Riders.

One reason I really dig the Tag game is that it's not so organized and I don't have to do anything but ride to the next destination. Very cool!

Breaking rule #3 big time, I also have 4 dogs and soon will have 6 guinea fowl /keets to contend with...

So, will be a few weeks until I can 'organize' something of an ADV dinner/lunch gathering.

Good idea,

thanks,

j
  6. biker128pedal

biker128pedal Super Lurker

Oddometer:
    If was I back earlier I cold make it on the Vintage Seca like last year. Just need to fix the fron ttire bead so it doesn't leak air.

Man it's got windy here is OK. :huh
  7. skirt full of hell

skirt full of hell Adventurer

Oddometer:
    FOR SERIOUS???...how did i not know about this:becca ... maybe I should join vjmc..duh!!!

another change of plans in store for tomorrow!
  8. JHVA

JHVA Long timer

Oddometer:
    This will be our 4th event. The event is growing slowly. We're happy if a few bikes show up. Last November we had around 20 vintage bikes which was very cool. We had a photo spread in the National magazine for our first 'show' back a year ago. Just a bunch of people gathering to drool and talk vintage/classic bikes. Hope you can make it out.
  9. niceviewbehindbars

niceviewbehindbars out enjoying the vu

Oddometer:
    Nope, wasn't me. I headed to Williamsburg after work for some dinner and a visit to the Home Depot. Just got home a few minutes ago.
  10. JHVA

JHVA Long timer

Oddometer:
    We had 35 Vintage Bikes at our Vintage Show today. Awesome turn out!!!:clap
  11. UpST8

Oddometer:
    Useless without pics :jive
  12. JHVA

JHVA Long timer

Oddometer:
  13. skirt full of hell

skirt full of hell Adventurer

Oddometer:
    sadly we were unable to rearrange the day to make it out there. I will join vjmc and hopefully be around for the fall show.
  14. UpST8

Oddometer:
    :super Cool! Will do our best to make one of these.

How old does a bike need to be to be considered "vintage"? :*sip*
  15. JHVA

JHVA Long timer

Oddometer:
    20 yrs or older but there are no hard rules. Bring a rolling chassis or any project you have going on is fine by us.

If anyone signs up for the VJMC please use my name-I get Brownie Points if someone in my region joins. On the VJMC website: http://www.vjmc.org/fieldreps.shtml I'm the guy in Lanexa, VA

Next Gathering will be mid October. Haven't decided on a firm date yet.

j
  16. JHVA

JHVA Long timer

Oddometer:
    added King and Queen County to the geographical limits of the Greater Willyburg TOR
  17. JHVA

JHVA Long timer

Oddometer:
    Thinking of adding Essex County to really expand our horizons and get some miles in. Any comments?
  18. JHVA

JHVA Long timer

Oddometer:
    slow tagging all around. must be the heat
  19. Retro

Retro Just the Facts Ma'am

Oddometer:
    That and the bumper to bumper traffic I enjoyed the whole way from 2 miles before the tunnel almost to Hanover County.:bluduh I think I've picked up my last tag on the Eastern Shore. If it goes there again it can stay there.:boid
  20. JHVA

JHVA Long timer

Oddometer:
    Soilman, sct ptrsns, biker128: Any interest in riding to points west today, Sunday the 11th? I missed the Williamsburg Riders ride since I had to drive my wife to the airport this morning. If anyone is interested get back to me within the hr