LED Auxiliary Lights

Discussion in 'Vendors' started by sanjoh, Aug 5, 2010.

1. RoundOz

RoundOz Plenty of seasoning

Oddometer:
  2. Rapid Dog

Rapid Dog bikes, booze, broads...

Oddometer:
    Is there a wiring diagram in this thread for without a dimmer?
  3. sanjoh

sanjoh Long timer

Oddometer:
    How do you want to control the lights? On/off switch, on with high beam only or ?
  4. Rapid Dog

Rapid Dog bikes, booze, broads...

Oddometer:
    Just a switch on/off would do, but better if hooked into the switched power.
  5. ewagman

ewagman Adventurer

Oddometer:
    Well, maybe......... actually that is my question. Does the 60's light go a greater distance further away than the 44's or do the 60's put their increased light with the same range lit up by the 44's? Does the increased light go more (or less) to the sides, like a spotlight compared to a floodlight? In the old days, we'd say it all depends on the optics of the reflector and lens, but the old days are gone. Is the little rounded recess that the square LED is mounted in the "reflector" which determines the light pattern?
  6. sanjoh

sanjoh Long timer

Oddometer:
    Yes, swag of about 30% farther, you will not outrun the lights. Same pattern as the 44, more light everywhere.

Mostly dependent on led design.
  7. Weekend Warrior

Weekend Warrior Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Sanjoh,

I ordered the set of 44's, heavy brackets and dimmer on Monday and They arrived on the Left Coast today. Excellent communication helping me decide what to get and 3 day shipping coast to coast is great.:clap

I will do the install in the next week or so and will hopefully be just as happy with the quality and power of the lights:1drink

I will post some pics of the lights on my new Tiger 800 XC., I will beusing the SW Motech mounting brackets.

Thanks.
  8. FlyingPig

FlyingPig Adventurer

Oddometer:
    Hey Sanjoh, I was about to place my order, but had a question about the light protection. After reading reports that the lens shatters easily, it seems like the $5 would be a worthwhile investment. I'm wondering if the yellow would be enough to tint the lights yellow, or if it's simply just visible when the lights are off.

I'm not looking to have the lights tinted yellow like fog lights, but I think the looks of the yellow lens would be nice assuming it doesn't rob the LEDs of too much light :evil

I guess to rephrase the question, with the yellow lens cover, will the light output be more yellow or remain more white? I hope this makes sense....
  9. sanjoh

sanjoh Long timer

Oddometer:
    The lens does not break easily. Around 25k miles on the ninja without a failure with plenty of this:

[​IMG]

and this

[​IMG]

thousands of gravel miles

[​IMG]

You don't say what model lights you are considering but the lower the output, the more yellow it will be. This also goes for dimming, so if you dim the lights, they will have more of a yellow tint. The xpel lens protection is optically clear so will have no effect on light output. We also offer clear if you want the protection without the color.
  10. FlyingPig

FlyingPig Adventurer

Oddometer:
    Thanks for the fast response! :clap

I'm definitely considering the 60. Bigger is better, right? :evil
    I figure I'm already getting a dimmer so that it will still be another point of light at night without blinding others too badly.

So just to be clear, the tint on the yellow lens protection will have more of a yellow tint effect when the light is dimer, right? That makes perfect sense.

I was considering it in the first place since someone asked about replacing the glass a bit up in the thread. But now I'm kind of drawn to the edgier look.

Since I hopefully still have your attention, is installation simply just shoving it into the opening, or do I need a special strap wrench or anything to unscrew the cover?
  11. sanjoh

sanjoh Long timer

Oddometer:
    Thanks, let us know if you need any assistance. Always best to have an electrical diagram before you start.

Installation is simple, no disassembly required. The protection is squeegied on the lens. Direct from the manufacturer, Xpel support link with vids, pics.
  12. Rustykfd

Rustykfd IBA #483

Oddometer:
    Wow lights received 2 days after ordering to Pac NW. Cannot beat that.

Mounted the 60s high and to the sides of my Aeroflow on the 1150 GS, I am impressed, I'll have to get her on the open road before I can report back on increased output. Around the house and around the block sure seem brighter. :freaky

Thanks again for the great service. This is my 3rd set of Sandjoh lights and always satisfied

Rusty
  13. viz

viz I Ride Ms Piggy

Oddometer:
    Crikey - 60s!?!? Where will it end? Maybe I'll wait a while before upgrading, though the lights I have now are pretty fearsome - 10,000 lumens all up... Very nice...

viz
  14. Ginger Beard

Ginger Beard Instagram @motopossum Super Moderator

Oddometer:

Is there some type of lighting rehab program that we can get you into ? :lol3

Seriously though, thank you for your support. :freaky
  15. Ginger Beard

Oddometer:
    Thanks for the praise and I am glad you are enjoying our products.

Keep us posted on the road test and if you get chance post up some pics.

Cheers,

Dave
  16. Ginger Beard

Oddometer:
    Happy hump day ADVR inmates!! Two more days and it's time for a ride!! :clap
  17. sanjoh

sanjoh Long timer

Oddometer:
    Another satisfied customer with model 60s sent us these pictures.

[​IMG]

Distance shot
    [​IMG]

Close up
    [​IMG]

Stock low beam
    [​IMG]

Model 60s (neighbors thought the sun came up:D)
    [​IMG]
  18. Bobmws

Bobmws Curmudgeon At Large

Oddometer:
    Sanjoh,
    Just ordered three 44's, two for the bike, one to replace the POS light in my Hannigan sidecar, and a dimmer. Looking forward to some illumination and conspicuity.
  19. Danjal

Danjal Insert wit here.

Oddometer:

Its not rehab, but there is a support group.

http://www.candlepowerforums.com/vb/content.php

:rofl
  20. viz

viz I Ride Ms Piggy

Oddometer:
    Ha! :lol3 I thought I was in it already - this thread!

A good product, and good support. There have been issues, and no doubt there will be more but the product is evolving. I may put some more lights on my Landcruiser :D

I do a bit of night riding when I get the chance - I enjoy it a lot. You guys in North America have some heavy duty animals on the road that seem to be bent on suicide - down here we have "bouncy beef" - kangaroos, wallabies and their smaller brethren. And wild pigs, BIG wild pigs. And camels. And brumbies (wild horses). And goats. And a lot of stations (ranches) have no fences on the roads that go through them - a black angus bull is invisible when lying down on a warm tar road at night...

So I like lights up front, and the more the merrier...

viz