The CRF250L Owners thread

Discussion in 'Thumpers' started by joec63, Sep 4, 2012.

1. modeselector

modeselector Common as muck

Oddometer:
    Has anyone have luck finding a switched power for heated grips / aux lights?
  2. 100dollarman

100dollarman n00b

Oddometer:
    First post.....been lurking for awhile.

Bought last month in Victorville for $5177 OTD cash. Have 500 mi on her now.

Added Wolfman daytripper bags, Q4 muffler (stk pipe, runs perfect), Manrack. May change to a 13t front spocket. Trying to NOT spend too much on farkles! Removed fender/plate mount/light.....will figure how to mt plate when I get it.

Been riding offroad forever (I'm 52)---- broken back and hip has slowed me down, but I still want to ride! Great bike to putt around on, but also like to cover some miles offroad (just at a slower pace nowadays!). Love this bike so far!

(was going to post a pic or two, but I must need more posts for that)
  3. kiwi5

kiwi5 Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    While I know that replacing the both header and exhaust (plus remap) will definately improve performance; what sort of improvement does just putting a FMF slip on do? Asides from a cooler sound and some weight loss?
  4. Harcomo

Harcomo Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    I had the FMF Q4 slip-on installed on my 250L for a short time....took a couple quick rides around town with it on and decided it was a tad too loud for my taste....so I took it off and put it up for sale. The main reason I got it was weight savings and it really looked good on the bike, but the extra noise isn't for me I guess. Took it off and boxed it back up....here's the link to the ad if you or anyone else is interested in a Q4 slip-on that's like new at a substantial savings.

http://www.advrider.com/forums/showthread.php?t=862953
  5. emreturkeli

emreturkeli "Ruzgarin Tersine"

Oddometer:
    Hi Harcomo, sent you a message on your sale thread.. :D
  6. kiwi5

kiwi5 Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Did you notice a significant performance boost?
  7. Harcomo

Harcomo Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Well, to be honest with you, I couldn't tell that much difference but that has more to do with the way I ride than anything else. I just mostly putt around anymore.....no high rpms or getting crazy or anything at my age anymore. So I don't know.....but I would think the Q4 would have to help out as far as opening up the exhaust goes as the factory exhaust is pretty restricted in comparison. I had already installed the EJK fuel programmer before I put on the Q4 and I would suspect that the programmer was giving as much or more performance boost than the pipe just by adding extra fuel to the engine. So it's really hard for me to say if just the Q4 was giving that much of a performance boost.
  8. kzahel

kzahel Adventurer

Oddometer:
    [​IMG]

Just bought mine today from Mission Motorcycles in SF for $5500 out the door. Have been thinking about this for months and months now. Only rode it a few miles so far, but will report later with my impressions. She's very quiet and gentle.
  9. Telemarktumalo

Telemarktumalo Go Red Sox!

Oddometer:
    Read the 4th posting on here.... http://www.advrider.com/forums/showthread.php?t=438034

Check the adjustment of the head bearing in case it came loose from the factory.
  10. roundtripping

roundtripping Adventourist

Oddometer:
    Hey, what are you guys paying OTD?!
  11. roundtripping

Oddometer:
    What about ITD?!
  12. Ed@Ford

Ed@Ford Long timer

Oddometer:
  13. BigAHelm90

BigAHelm90 n00b

Oddometer:
    Do u guys thing the ecu will beable to adjust to a slip on? Or will it need remaped
  14. Nesquik

Nesquik Long timer

Oddometer:
    Theres a few responses to this question on the last few pages....mine was roughly 4700 OTD....They offered me 3700 on my trade in (I had a standing cash offer for 3750) and wanted 4700 + about $900 in fees.

I told them I would not pay any fees what so ever and wanted at least what my cash offer was on my bike, which I told them was $4200. They gave me 4250 trade in and I threw $500 on top and it was done.

They are out to get you, so try to get them first :freaky
  15. kiwi5

kiwi5 Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    How about the fuel consumption with the tuner, better-same or worse? I am at 220km's and cruising around the back roads I am getting almost 27km's per liter so I am very happy so far!
  16. Dranrab Luap

Dranrab Luap Gruntled and Imperturbable

Oddometer:

Welcome to the forum. Post away!
  17. roundtripping

Oddometer:
    LMFAO, I give up, this thread has officially gone to hell.
  18. Nesquik

Nesquik Long timer

Oddometer:
    Were you making a joke about everyone asking? I dunno, I was just trying to be helpful...poke fun at the dumbass who tried to help, lol. :clap
  19. cabezagrande

cabezagrande magically delicious

Oddometer:
    Bought it today--RPM in Lakewood, CO. Mine was the third that they sold today. Jeff was the salesman--good guy. Very easy to deal with--excited about the new ride.

Biggest reason I picked RPM is they let you take a bike on a test ride (I wanted to see if I could hit 65 MPH--it did) and they did not try to tack on the extra 700 bucks that other dealers are trying to get.
  20. TxRoadDog

TxRoadDog Shut up and ride

Oddometer:
    Question to the guys in this thread who live in Florida...

What are you seeing as far as OTD prices go? Kind of want to know what to expect when I move out there and pick one up in May.