BMW zumo R12GS Adv Mounting Kit

Discussion in 'Mapping & Navigation' started by BMWRC, Dec 16, 2007.

1. BMWRC

BMWRC Nuckin' Futs!

Oddometer:
    Can anyone tell me where BMW's mounting kit for the zūmo installs on the Adventure.

A&S Cycle, for example, lists the mounting kit at $59.95 extra in the drop down menu for the BMW z[FONT=Arial, sans-serif]ū[/FONT]mo Navigator but I can't find any details on where this mounts on the bike. There's different pricing for different bikes so I'm guessing they are different mounts.

While we're talking zūmo's, how do you like yours? How does it compare to the 276C?
  2. darooster

darooster Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    I the got the non-BMW Zumo 550 but I did end up getting the OEM mount. It attaches the the top bar of the windswcreen support. I offset mine a bit to the left not to obscure the tach. Looks great, easy to operate under way and its position allows for easy viewing.

I've used it offroad/onroad and in the rain... No issues!!!

I'd give it two thumbs up :thumb :thumb !!

Oh yeah.... the only crappy thing is the little securing screw. I did away with that and machined myself a little thumb screw to fit in its place. Now I don't have to hunt for the special tool everytime I want to remove the unit from the bike
  3. mobe

mobe Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Any pics of this setup?
  4. darooster

darooster Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Here ya go.....

[​IMG]

The mount.....
    [​IMG]

The homemade thumb screw......
    [​IMG]

...as far as the "security" screw goes, I remember seeing someone selling them and there was talk that Garmin sells a thumbscrew replacement for the OEM one.

If I find the link I'll give it a post.
  5. BMWRC

BMWRC Nuckin' Futs!

Oddometer:
    Dino, Thanks!

Those pics certainly answer my question.

Great work on the security screw.
  6. Daaayo

Daaayo wanderin' round n round

Oddometer:
    Hey Dino!
    That is a nice little screw... I mean great little knob... anyway, VERY NICE! You didn't happen to machine any extra ones??? I hate that little securing screw also and would love to get a thumb screw.
    I mounted my Zumo on the left side of my handlebars but I think I'm gonna move it to the location you have yours at. Looks great!
  7. PF Flyer

PF Flyer Been here awhile

Oddometer:
  8. twinrider

twinrider Pass the catnip

Oddometer:
    I bought a couple of those thumbscrews. Nice items. Still haven't used them yet though because it's kind of nice not having to worry about the unit being stolen while I run into a store for a minute :lol3