SENA BLUETOOTH - Inmate's Special GROUP BUY!

Discussion in 'Vendors' started by RocketMoto, Apr 25, 2010.

1. Oddball

Oddball Faking it.

Oddometer:
    Just wanted to let everyone know that I really have enjoyed the SHM10's.

Last Saturday morning when I was cleaning my shield, at the first gas stop of a 1100 mile weekend, I notice the bottom of the unit I was currently using did not seem in place. Upon closer inspection when I removed the unit the bottom tab stayed in the headset. Now I use one and when the it dies switch to the other, which I charge on the bike, so I was good for a while. But after riding 11 hours I had to wait a few for the good unit to recharge. It also explained the static I was receiving and thought was my wiring to the GPS, Radar and Amplifier prior to the bluetooth transmitter.

Yes I said 11 hours of continuous use. This is common every weekend and why I purchased the dual set. Other than this little inconvenience I have been very happy. Service has been outstanding, cost for what I received seems low, performance has been excellent, easy of use outstanding and now this I test the warranty.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

And I did not drop my helmet and have used these about 4000 miles with great performance thus far. I really don't know what happened.
  2. Oddball

Oddball Faking it.

Oddometer:
    Just wanted to let everyone know that Dave from RocketMoto hooked me up the the correct people at Sena and they are taking care of this promptly. I have already received the RMA and notice that this will be taken care of immediately. So I mailed them back my unit today for replacement.

As I said earlier these unit have preformed great. I would not hesitate about buying them again.

0ddball
  3. jstcrashnthru

jstcrashnthru Livin' the dream

Oddometer:
    Sorry to be a PITA, but any word on the availablity of the headset with 3.5mm jack in it? Part # SMH-A0303
  4. DazRSV

DazRSV Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Gday Rocket , and users
    Just wondering how water proof and dust proof are the sets?
    Cheers Daz
  5. RocketMoto

RocketMoto 2 Many Motersikles

Oddometer:
    Zip, Nada, Zero, Zilch
    Everyone's getting a little impatient with the wait... :ddog

We promise to update when available - until then, ya'll just have to 'cool your heels'.
  6. RocketMoto

Oddometer:
    Uh, well, I wouldn't suggest using these for scuba diving, if that's what you're thinking :lol3.

Seriously - no issues with water intrusion that we've heard of. Dust - same story. These are designed and made to be used in variety of motorcycling conditions.
  7. JDLuke

JDLuke Ravening for delight

Oddometer:
    So far, so good. I've had my sets for a couple of months now and have been through some very serious rains and a lot of gritty dust. No issues at all.
  8. bherman

bherman Ærn æærrrn!

Oddometer:
    Emailed with Sena last week about the 0303 unit. This is their answer:
    The prices are about to be released on or a coupla days before release as well.
    I hope they keep it down to about 50 US!
  9. mystic red

mystic red Adventurer

Oddometer:
    That IS what I'm waiting for. What they're saying is you have to buy the speakers even if you don't want them and add the earbud clamp?

<table bgcolor="#cccccc" border="0" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1" width="100%"><tbody><tr><td align="center" bgcolor="#ffffff">[​IMG]</td> <td align="center" bgcolor="#f8fbf6">SMH-A0303</td> <td bgcolor="#ffffff">Helmet Clamp Kit - For Earbuds</td> <td align="center" bgcolor="#ffffff">235 mm x 105 mm x 30 mm
    (9.25 in x 4.13 in x 1.18 in)</td> <td align="center" bgcolor="#f8fbf6">125 g
    (0.27 lb</td></tr></tbody></table> And what's the difference between the 303 and the 304?
    <table bgcolor="#cccccc" border="0" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1" width="100%"><tbody><tr><td align="center" bgcolor="#ffffff">[​IMG]</td> <td align="center" bgcolor="#f8fbf6">SMH-A0304</td> <td bgcolor="#ffffff">Helmet Clamp Kit - For Earbuds with Attachable Boom Microphone & Wired Microphone</td> <td align="center" bgcolor="#ffffff">235 mm x 105 mm x 30 mm
    (9.25 in x 4.13 in x 1.18 in)</td> <td align="center" bgcolor="#f8fbf6">136 g
    (0.29 lb)</td></tr></tbody></table>
    Do they both do the same thing? I'm so confused.
    Does the 304 mic attach to the helmet itself? Aha, I think I'm unconfusing myself. Now to figure out the pros and cons of the attachable mic vs the attached. We have flip up helmets so the attached?:confused
  10. bherman

bherman Ærn æærrrn!

Oddometer:
    Yup.

You can choose wether you want to utilise the boom mike or have a loose one. Dunno if the both come in that same package though.

Don't take much huh :lol3

Never used a flip up helmet before, but it seems reasonable to be using the boom mike. To me anyway. YMMV.
  11. vidman

vidman n00b

Oddometer:

If it helps....my wife has a full face and I have modular. We have used Camos 300 and found the non-boomed mic works best for full face. The regular (boomed) mic is best for modular so you can ride with it up and still be able to use the mic.
    We now own 2 Smh10's for the above helmets (wife says the reg mic is fine with her full helmet). Gonna purchase two 303's so we can use for the half helmets we have also.
    BTW the SMH10's are awesome and the easiest to use. I also am able to use the Camos BTA with Family Radios with the Sena SMH10's also.
  12. levain

levain STILL Jim Williams Supporter

Oddometer:
    New problem with mine and am wondering if anyone has a similar issue??

If my iPhone is engaged in any way ie: a call, music etc. I get a loud obnoxious buzzing noise. As soon as the music stops, or call ends it goes away. This does not happen with my zumo. Only when the iPhone is paired direct to Sena. Also, if I do not pair iPhone to Sena, but instead to a BT adaptor, it makes the noise sometimes, but not as loud! I'd say maybe, half the time opposed to always when the iPhone is paired direct.

Ideas?
  13. DazRSV

DazRSV Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    PM sent Mr Rocket
  14. RocketMoto

Oddometer:
    Jim - this is a weird one, for sure... Which Iphone do you have and which IOS version are you running. Did this start just recently?

Tnx..
  15. levain

levain STILL Jim Williams Supporter

Oddometer:
    iPhone 4 running latest. It did it very occasionally with my 3G. I thought at first it had something to do with my homebrewed earbud setup, but it's not. It's definitely iPhone related.
  16. vidman

vidman n00b

Oddometer:
    For what it's worth: I just received my Sena SMH10 last week.
    I am using iPhone 4 OS 4.01. I used for 6 hours on Sunday and did not experience this. Only difference between Sena and Camos 300 is the hissing noise in background during intercom. However it is not a problem. Sena is much easier to use and my wife is extremely happier with them.
  17. Jman

Jman a.k.a. FUglyK

Oddometer:
    :clap Mine showed up today !!!

Thanks Adam for getting them to me so quickly.
  18. DazRSV

DazRSV Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Cant wait , ordered a set have some rides coming up with long hauls , Im starting to get postal package fever already..:augie ......, any news yet Adam?
  19. Oddball

Oddball Faking it.

Oddometer:
    Rec'd an email that Sena has received my return and will notify me when it ships. So now I wait.

On an other note I think I'll need to order a SMH-A0304: Helmet Clamp Kit soon.
  20. mystic red

mystic red Adventurer

Oddometer:
    I pulled the trigger Fri. and am waiting with fish breath for the arrival of said intercom system. Adam was fartin' around at some show so Dave took my order and was very pleasant to do business with. Kinda like stoppin' by your local store. That's what the service is like.