Honda NHX 110 Lead/Elite vs Yamaha Zuma 125

Discussion in 'Battle Scooters' started by Tremelune, Feb 28, 2013.

1. k-moe

k-moe Long timer

Oddometer:
    The recall is for the fuel pumps on the '09 model year only. There is an internal clearance problem that causes the pump to not spin when the case gets warm. Mine crapped out on a toasty 105ºF day. It appears to have been a manufacturing error that was corrected at some point by the fuel pump supplier. It's a shame that it took 4 years of complaints to get the recall (considering there was a recall in Japan for the same problem in '09). I replaced my second yamaha fuel pump ( I had one of the early failures in '09, and Yamaha replaced the pump free of charge with one from the same run of faulty pumps) with an aftermarket pump, so I won't be partaking in the recall, but the new pumps will be the same as are in the '10 and newer bikes.
  2. Tremelune

Tremelune Adventurer

Oddometer:
    Hm. It may come down to whichever is available used locally...All of these seem pretty hard to come by...I'd like to pay under $2,000 for one.
  3. MskJon

MskJon n00b

Oddometer:
    I have 3 Elite 110s, they're awesome. Elsewhere they r the Honda Lead which are top sellers.
  4. Forde

Forde Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    there are a lot of 110 leads about the uk, i am sure they are dead reliable and good wee bikes. cheaper than the zuma and probably cheaper to run.

only problem is they are really boring looking and zumas are awesome lol