Show us your bicycle.

Discussion in 'Shiny Things' started by kbasa, Mar 15, 2009.

1. Chisenhallw

Chisenhallw Avowed Pussbag

Oddometer:
    :thumb I'll hit you up if I get to make this ride. 1st beer's on me. :freaky
  2. Juanjo_NY

Juanjo_NY Made in Argentina

Oddometer:
    [​IMG]
    mine used to have two wheels as landing gear!
  3. YakSpout

YakSpout Obstacle Allusion

Oddometer:
    Continuing with the bike on a fence theme...

[​IMG]

6:30am meetup to ride Mandeville Canyon. Somehow, I was the first to show.
  4. Pez

Pez b00b

Oddometer:
    Everyone knows of Bicycling, Bicycle Times, ProCycling and Velo. But has everyone heard of Adventure Cycling magazine? Maybe the rock I live under is blinding me but I just found out about it and it looks pretty cool. I just ordered the free sample magazine plus some more info about their Organization. Which it appears to be a awesome non-profit deal for improving the life of cyclist around the country!

Don't know if I can wait for the free sample to come in, might just get the 1 year membership!

Check'em out!
    http://www.adventurecycling.org/
  5. arkansawyer

arkansawyer Long timer

Oddometer:
    A recent bankruptcy has led to the removal of RR tracks and ties. This is in the middle of nowhere. Several trestles on that run of track over the river as the track and river swap sides. I sent an email to rails to trails but they only want me to join or buy maps.
    This area is great for riding motorcycles and I realize a bike trail would ruin that. I think the new landowners will tear down the trestles or build fences to keep everyone out. The side by side beer drinking crowd!
    I'm mainly a motorcycle rider. I only get a chance to ride my bicycle once or twice a week, less when overtime happens.

How do I find a local bicycle group to take over this RR before it is gone?
  6. Pez

Pez b00b

Oddometer:
  7. mud

mud I just wander.....

Oddometer:
    I have been a member for quite a few years. I really like the magazine, it gives me a great opportunity to live vicariously through others....:D

They also have really good maps.
  8. backdrifter

backdrifter Wannabe rider

Oddometer:
    I put new hand grips on her today. They're really nice - I was dealing with pinch points in my palm with the other grips. While I was at it, I also gave her one of her few baths ever. Now she's all clean and ready for a ride this weekend so I can get some actual action shots!

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
  9. Chrismcp12

Chrismcp12 Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    I'm a new member... Last month.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD
  10. arkansawyer

arkansawyer Long timer

Oddometer:
    Big news on the Hot Springs website is the upcoming 2012 race. I've looked on that site before.
    The local bike shop is hard for me to get to when they are open. 11am open on Saturday?
    The G,N, and A RR would be an awesome bike path, at least the parts of it I've ridden on my XR650L. Antoine to Rosboro. I have not ridden either side of those two.
  11. Pez

Pez b00b

Oddometer:
    Apparently I've been under this rock to long if we have 2 members right here at Advrider! :lol3

Seems like a good outlet to do like you said Mud. But gotta admit, its trying sometimes always dreaming of doing long distance cycling and reading about others doing it all the time. Makes the 9-5 grind almost to tough. On top of it I've been trying to get the wife to start riding bikes so I can haul our son and we take a weekend ride somewhere but she refuses to even try to learn to ride a bicycle! I believe teaching my son to ride will be easier.. But as long as I have my Cycling books and Mags I can keep feeding the dream! :lol3

Wonder when I'll pop and live the dream?
  12. Pez

Pez b00b

Oddometer:

Yeah apparently they update there site when they remember. They do have a Forum, although it looks outdated as well.

But Antoine to Rosboro? Please tell me you have some pics. Google earth shows RR alongside a river the whole way and it looks killer! Might have to bring my XR up there and steal your ride :evil
  13. arkansawyer

arkansawyer Long timer

Oddometer:
    People deer hunt back in there. There are no gates, but I feel bad if I ruin someone's hunting.
    The bankruptcy led to the tracks and ties being pulled up and sold. The log trucks really tore up the road bed in places. Some long mudholes from that.
    Yes, it is pretty back there.
    The remains of Graysonia are in between the RR and the river. Look where the river has a large bend two or three miles above Antoine.

I'm working both days this weekend. Maybe next weekend I'll be off.
  14. Pez

Pez b00b

Oddometer:
    Man, google is something else. Searched for Graysonia and brought up a thread about a guy driving his Hummer up the RR where you go! Pretty cool looking spot
  15. Lewy

Lewy Minus the LC8

Oddometer:
    Nice shot. I have been riding to work at 04.20am for the past few days so this morning I deceided to get up and leave at that time for a ride.

[​IMG]

And we did bikes on a powerpole:D

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
  16. HOT DAMN!

HOT DAMN! ♪ ♪ ♪

Oddometer:
    Ok man, this n00b is readying these parts for a bath this afternoon in the offered up oxalic acid solution. Chemistry not being my strong point, do I have to neutralize the acid once removed from the soaking or simply wipe the chrome parts dry? :ear
  17. YakSpout

YakSpout Obstacle Allusion

Oddometer:
    :lol3

:thumb
  18. Ricardo Kuhn

Ricardo Kuhn a.k.a. Mr Rico Suave

Oddometer:
    Minneapolis (don't even ask how i end up here.
    What about "Bike in a tree"..

My old Balfa BB7, now long gone, really heavy but super nice..
    [​IMG]

Same tree..
    Nicolai M-pire, gone too.
    [​IMG]

Ibis tandem
    [​IMG]

WTB Phoenix.
    [​IMG]
  19. Lewy

Lewy Minus the LC8

Oddometer:
    Love it
  20. Ricardo Kuhn

Ricardo Kuhn a.k.a. Mr Rico Suave

Oddometer:
    Minneapolis (don't even ask how i end up here.
    My new (to me) Maverick ML-7, I know she does not look like much on the pictures, but they are really well design and build frames (by Paul Turner, the rockshox brainiac, and weld by F.T.W. aka Frank The Welder)..
    [​IMG]

More pictures when I get it home and assemble..

Ps: I want one of this frames for many years