Adventure in Ohio?

Discussion in 'Central – From Da Nort Woods to the Plane States' started by somecallmetim, Nov 14, 2003.

1. Danjal

Danjal Insert wit here.

Oddometer:
    Looks like a pull type switch. I have a spare DR one if ya need it. No stupid connections on the back to break.
  2. indypup

indypup ╭∩╮( º.º )╭∩╮

Oddometer:
    I think I'm going to just take the damn thing off like Alan said. That way I won't have more troubles in the future.
  3. indypup

indypup ╭∩╮( º.º )╭∩╮

Oddometer:
    Ok, I don't know where trailhead number 10a is. Could someone give me directions or GPS coordinates?

Here's what I found... 39.572186,-82.245369 are these the right ones?

Looks like it will take me about 2.5 hours to get there.
  4. FireDog45

FireDog45 Squirrels get enraged when they see me naked Supporter

Oddometer:
    Did a little riding around the Walhonding area today. Started at the north end of Stone Quarry and worked my way back to 715 via Bats Nest. The DR did pretty damn good! It was my first outing on her and I got my first water crossing (beginning of Stone Quarry), my first trail nap (middle of Stone Quarry) and my first kamikaze chicken :huh. After zigging and zagging around ended up at home with 100 more miles on the old girl. This is my first DR350 and I'm beginning to understand why they come recommended.

I'll be heading to the Hillsboro area on the ST tomorrow. After I get the new tires spooned on the DR I'll be wanting to get down there and see how I do.

Ride safe everyone!
  5. indypup

indypup ╭∩╮( º.º )╭∩╮

Oddometer:
    Are you going to OH-STOC this year? I don't know if we have ever met or not. I forget peoples names about 3 seconds after they tell me.. :(
  6. invisible monster

invisible monster Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Parking lot is just south of New Straitsville on hwy 595. We can meet a bit later if you like since you've got a long drive. I'm easy.
  7. ArmyJoe

ArmyJoe Long timer

Oddometer:
    I'm attending the CMP High Power Rifle Clinic at the Zanesville Rifle Club tomorrow. Sounds like we may need to do a Ohio ADV shoot-off.

[​IMG]
  8. FireDog45

FireDog45 Squirrels get enraged when they see me naked Supporter

Oddometer:
    Probably not because that was to be the beginning of a trip that Swingset, I and one other who I don't think is on Adv, will be taking. That was the week we were planning on heading out to either NM with the DS bikes, the UP with the DS bikes or down to NC. Plans are still up in the air but I've put myself in as a maybe with Pat over on ST-riders.

And no, we haven't met yet. :D
  9. Whitey1

Whitey1 Long timer

Oddometer:
    I just spooned on a new Shinko 705 on the back of the strom. After I got the bead to break it was pretty easy going. I had a few moments that I cursed and could imagine Alan saying "It wasn't that bad" . :lol3
  10. dox

dox How much for the ape?

Oddometer:
    Harbor Freight bead breaker makes easy work of the bead, and I have a set of Moose Ty-er irons that came highly recommended by a couple of inmates on this thread that I really like. I much prefer changing tubeless tires, seems to go faster for some reason. Especially if you don't give a shit about the finish on the wheel :1drink
  11. buildit

buildit Guns, bikes and Bows

Oddometer:
    Could be interesting. There are a couple folks here who'd probably participate depending on availability.
  12. Whitey1

Whitey1 Long timer

Oddometer:
    I could use longer irons for sure. The 6" minis are easy to pack but arent much for leverage. I will check out the bead breaker for sure.
    :freaky
  13. indypup

indypup ╭∩╮( º.º )╭∩╮

Oddometer:
    Ok, let's shoot for 11 am then. :D That will give me some more time to drop my dog off at the sitter.
  14. indypup

indypup ╭∩╮( º.º )╭∩╮

Oddometer:
    :y0! Sounds like fun to me. :D
  15. dox

Oddometer:
    The irons are the bigger issue. The bead breaker isn't necessary if you've got a couple of 2x4 remnants laying around and an SUV frame for leverage, but it's cheap and handy. I think it's around 20 bucks on sale, worth every penny with a 20% off coupon.

How's it goin', whiteman? :beer
  16. buildit

Oddometer:
    You can also use a spoon to break the bead. Remind me sometime and I'll show you how. :evil
  17. dox

Oddometer:
    Why not just make a video and post it on the YouTubes?
  18. buildit

Oddometer:
    Wow, you are a better shot than I thought if you're bringing a carbine to a Skeet shoot! :eek1

:lol3
  19. indypup

indypup ╭∩╮( º.º )╭∩╮

Oddometer:
    I have more guns than you must think I have. :evil
  20. invisible monster

invisible monster Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Sounds good