Here I go again on my own-B1k

Discussion in 'Racing' started by frog, Jul 16, 2012.

1. Kanook

Kanook Adventure zymologist

Oddometer:
    In and out. San Ignacio

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    This pit was classic. We rolled in at about 1:30-2:00 am and stupidly set up at the end of an outside curve where the course was on pavement. We set chairs up at the tail of the truck facing traffic. Every time a TT or buggy came whipping around the curve Fano and I would tense up and get ready to dive out of the way. Yeah right! The race vehicle would pass and we would both comment " we should probably move" and then we would nod off until the next roar of motor came.

Stikars?
  2. dumbgirl

dumbgirl Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    LOL!! Frog, remember when we were waiting for Philo to come in to the pit some time in the night, and those Mexicans built a fire on an outside corner only to have a TT truck come in hot, spitting a rooster tail 20 feet high of sand, gravel and Tecate cans that put out their fire? We're like "that will teach them". 30 min later, they got another fire going in the same place only to have the next TT come through, put out their fire, sending them all scattering for their lives again??? VIVA MEXICO!! GOD I love that place.
  3. YOGOI

YOGOI Prick

Oddometer:
    Hello, is anyone out there? The rest must just be a blur?
    Has anyone seen Matt? Maybe the RPM goons have take'n him?
  4. frog

frog Long timer

Oddometer:
    Bueller, Bueller, Bueller.

It's coming. I was a single dad last week so things were a little crazy. I figured it's was in my best interest to give Mrs. Frog a break so I sent her to a Green Bay Packers game and to visit a friend.:deal I have to make sure to keep her happy so when I say "honey, I said if I finished I was done but I think I want to solo the 1000 again" she doesnt leave me. :lol3 Lucky for me she REALLY wants to chase it so I don't think I'm done.
  5. dieselcruiserhead

dieselcruiserhead Long timer

Oddometer:
    Salt Lake City Utah (formerly Park City/Heber)
    Just catching this thread.. That night I was waching the live race results trying to figure out where the hell the coverage and spot links for Matt were.. My buddies were SPT CAR— 3. Marc Van Tassell, Ely, Nev./Ryan Davis, Bountiful, Utah/Dave Helm, Taylorsville, Utah/Darren Webster, Salt Lake City, Utah/Kurt Williams, Sandy, Utah, VW Sedan, 42:02:09. (11 Starters, 3 Finishers)

This is sick. Nice work Matt
  6. Kanook

Oddometer:
    Sorry Frog, I have been slammed with work but my photo uploads are still coming slowly. I have so much video from the pits that I'm trying to edit also.
  7. Kanook

Oddometer:
    Here are a couple pics from San Isidro rm782. After a long hard night on the bike this was our first daylight pit on day two.
    In at 9:33 am and out at 9:48
    ImageUploadedByTapatalk1355869230.985911.jpg
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Stikars?
  8. Kanook

Oddometer:
    RM 835 Loreto aka. The dump.
    In at 11:22 am and out at 12:01pm
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]