Ducati MultiStrada 1200

Discussion in 'Moto Bellissima: All Other Dualsports' started by Paulvt1, Sep 10, 2008.

1. KankakeeBenjamin

KankakeeBenjamin Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    ++++++1 I would love better wind protection, bigger tank/range, and better fueling below 45mph.
  2. spartanman

spartanman regret minimizer

Oddometer:
    Buy an RT.:lol3
  3. KankakeeBenjamin

Oddometer:
    hahahaha the RT is for old men or serious touring ??? I'm not that old. Sucker:amazon:amazon
  4. JNRobert

JNRobert Breaking Wind

Oddometer:
    Yep, I think so too. Which means unless there's a surprise at Intermot a replacement Multi is at least a year or two away, so you're safe :D
  5. KHVol

KHVol Long timer

Oddometer:
    I would like your opinions, please. Local dealer has come up with 4 of the Ducati Experience demo bikes for sale. All are 2012's with less than 4,000 miles. He is asking about what most starting prices are for low Mileage 2010's.

I see they have also been used in the Ducati Training Academy, not sure what that is unless it is where they train new mechanics ???

Do any of you have any opinions or knowledge of how these bikes are ridden, treated, maintained, who rides them, risk in buying ? I have not had the chance to see them yet and I assume they will have the full warranty.

Thanks.
  6. KankakeeBenjamin

Oddometer:
    How would you ride a demo?? I would ride it pretty hard. Does that mean demo bikes are no go, I don't thnk so. I personally would prefer to spend a bit more for a new to me bike but that's just me.
  7. KHVol

KHVol Long timer

Oddometer:
    I am not as concerned now about the "demo" part as I am the thought of newby mechanics learning to turn wrenches on the bike. Most of the demo rides are chaperoned as I understand it but I don't like the thouhght of rounded bolt heads inside the motor or valves set at 20 MM.
  8. slipknot

slipknot Hello Girls

Oddometer:
    I think their training academy is for introducing Ducati techs from dealers to the new models and for upgrading their training. Do you really think Ducati is going to turn loose total rookies on $20,000 machines?

As for demos being ridden hard, how many here can really push the MS to it's limits on demo rides? Even if the roads were adequate for such riding where the dealers are located, how many riders will actually take a machine of such potential to it's limits the first time on the bike?
  9. M0t0Rider

M0t0Rider Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    redline?
  10. KHVol

KHVol Long timer

Oddometer:
    Yep.....
  11. M0t0Rider

M0t0Rider Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Bought my 2010 Multi there...

Good buying experience...

Nice folks..
  12. KHVol

KHVol Long timer

Oddometer:
    Thanks for the headsup..been looking at his bikes for some time now ....need to go ahead and pull the trigger...it is an interesting dealership, parking lot is always full with customers...
  13. jimmex

jimmex Guero con moto Supporter

Oddometer:
    I saw a very interesting bike lying on its side on one of the switchbacks on Cinnamon Pass and it turned out to be a brand new Pikes Peak. Guy ran out of momentum and fell straight over. Bike was very messed up. Plastic shit hanging off....
  14. Paulvt1

Paulvt1 Long timer

Oddometer:
  15. Lion BR

Lion BR I'd rather be riding

Oddometer:
    New/revised for 2013:

1. I had first heard of twin spark plugs. Not sure that is confirmed as a change, except that Ducati worked on making the motor more fluid. The latest on this department is that the injectors were repositioned.

2. New computer/software

3. New suspension. First I had heard of active suspension. Now the word is semi-active. It is supposed to adapt to the riding style or conditions of the ride.

4. New ABS, derived from the Panigale's, and allows for the exclusion of ABS intervention on the rear wheel, and variable response according to the selected driving mode.

5. New wind screen. Four attachment points and curved up on the top (as in the picture of the article sited above).

We will know more after the Bilbao's September 23rd date. Or at EICMA.

In summary, changes are evolutionary, and more on the technical side than on the style side of things.

Lion
  16. bingbong

bingbong Long timer Supporter

Oddometer:
    looks alot like this colour scheme
    [​IMG]
  17. bingbong

bingbong Long timer Supporter

Oddometer:
  18. SlipChip

SlipChip Adventure Commuter

Oddometer:
    I was hoping they would de-beak it...
  19. Paulvt1

Paulvt1 Long timer

Oddometer:
    Nice! :D
  20. Doug Piranha

Doug Piranha Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    #1, I just don't get it...and I own one. A few months ago I was sent an online survey by Ducati asking me to rate my Multi 1200 after 2 years, and what things I would like changed. I told them I love the bike, but ditch the beak! They didn't listen to me apparently.