The Yamaha Super Tenere XT1200Z Big Thread

Discussion in 'Japanese polycylindered adventure bikes' started by mr moto, Feb 9, 2008.

1. pluric

pluric Gimpy Adventurer

Oddometer:

:rofl:rofl Now i know why you didn't get paddled by your wife... You allways cover your ass :happay :lol3
    ( don't misunderstand me,:rofl my English is not god... )

Seriously, was that the only black tenere owner, on board? :D[/QUOTE]

Oh I would say there were several candidates. Did you want names and numbers????:wink::lol3
  2. Flydream

Flydream King of the Atlantic

Oddometer:
    Oh I would say there were several candidates. Did you want names and numbers????:wink::lol3[/QUOTE]

:rofl no, but thanks for asking.
  3. TH

TH There and Here

Oddometer:
    Thank goodness I have a blue Tenere. Otherwise, I'd I have to start looking for talent in a circus troup. :D

My biggest gripe about the Tenere is that it doesn't come with retractable stud tires. That way I could ride it to work and back, even when it snows.
  4. jaumev

jaumev Long timer

Oddometer:
    I have a serious information that Yamaha is preparing a really good offer to try to sell the over stock of black Tenere's.
    Apparently the sales of this colour are dropping dramatically…. I wonder if is because this thread… :evil :rofl
  5. Dallara

Dallara Creaks When Walks...

Oddometer:

But weren't the black ones supposed to be selling really, really well in the San Francisco, CA area? :hide

Dallara

~
  6. GrahamD

GrahamD Long timer

Oddometer:
    :lol3 I was high on tea that day. :deal
  7. goodcat8

goodcat8 Long timer Supporter

Oddometer:
    I thought Dallara was a woman and chalked the pissy attitude up to that :1drink

So is now a good time to start an oil preference discussion?
  8. Dallara

Oddometer:

If you thought I was a woman then you must only hang out with some awfully ugly broads... :jack

At least I'm not lazy... :jkam

And one of the great things about a Super Tenere is that it doesn't much care what oil is in it, nor do the owners seem to obsess about it like they do over on those Beemer, Trumpet, and Katoom boards. Of course, you'd know that if you had read any of the Super Tenere threads! :drums

:lol3 :rofl :lol3 :rofl :lol3

Dallara

~
  9. goodcat8

goodcat8 Long timer Supporter

Oddometer:
    My KTM was constructed from Unobtainium and was fueled by virgin unicorn blood. It would run w/ no issue only under the blessing of the pope and w/ the moon at a particular orbit.
    Just spent a half hour at the stealer talking w/ the chief snake tongue. He still has a left over blue '12 for $11500 before the magic taxes and "fee's". Best price I've come across yet.
    One thing we noticed was a black 2012 had the silver subframe with black passenger grab rails and luggage plate. Yet the blue 2012 had all silver. The two 2013's were a white model with silver sub and rails with black plate and the matte grey/black '13 had black everything.
  10. White Tenere

White Tenere 49 years on two wheels

Oddometer:
    Installed a WorldCrosser sticker kit on my Tenere today..
    The stickers are top notch OEM Yamaha and look great, I got them from TABASCO (Jaxon) at Ride On Adventure. He can get you any WorldCrosser parts you need.. Good guy-
    http://www.rideonadv.com/Ride_On_Adv/Home.html

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/Xk3HAMXGQbU" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>
  11. fredz43

fredz43 Long timer

Oddometer:
    Illinois (right by that road with a curve in it)
    Thanks for the WC sticker video, looks good. I see that you have the Saddleman seat. What do you think of it?
  12. White Tenere

Oddometer:
    I'm really loving the Saddleman seat, super comfy and heated! I had it custom made at Saddleman, they did it up with red stitching and the red middle insert. Took about 200-300 miles to get really broken in, now its comfy for a full days riding.

I went on a tour of there factory/shop when I picked it up, everything is 100% made in house. I have some video of the seat and the factory I will put up soon..Cool place, cool people and a GREAT seat- would recommend it to anyone.:deal:clap:clap
  13. roostar

roostar Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    That is a good price. Got my 12' for $11,600 before taxes and setup. I think it's the best deal I've ever snagged on a bike.
  14. TH

TH There and Here

Oddometer:
    This wiki entry is lacking. I think we need WFOPete to update it.
  15. motorat

motorat Is it raining

Oddometer:
    i have been looking at the s10.
    some questions.
    does it run on regular gas?
    is the stock seat good for 500 mile days?
    is the stick windscreen good or is an aftermarket one required?
    thanks...i'm too lazy to go back through all 1400 pages
  16. TH

TH There and Here

Oddometer:

Oh no, do a search! :D

Yes - Nick Sanders rode from the top of NA to the bottom of SA without any adverse impacts. Though, by choice I use premium.
    It depends - personal preference. I find it doable, 500 miles on the stock seat. For a stock seat, IMO, it's pretty good.
    It depends - I depends on how much wind you want. Some people don't mind it, others change it. I went aftermarket (as I had one with the bike when I bought it used) and installed a madstad bracket - works great for me.
    Ok, we get it. You're lazy.

Another resource you can look at: www.yamahasupertenere.com
  17. Dallara

Oddometer:

Then I guess I'm too lazy, slothful, lackadaisical, somnolent, lethargic, torpid, and uninterested to try help answer your questions! :jkam

:lol3 :rofl :lol3 :rofl :lol3

Dallara

~
  18. Old Git Ray

Old Git Ray Now retired...YeeHaa

Oddometer:
    UK based, Bored because I am not travelling
    How about back 25 posts. i.e the top of the last page.

Lazy git :rofl
  19. White Tenere

Oddometer:
    Dallara you crack me up!!! :lol3:lol3
  20. Dirty bike

Dirty bike EricV

Oddometer:
    Keep the Vstrom.

Rated for 91 octane, but some people do run reg w/o issues, unless it's hot and/or they flog it a lot.
    No, not for most people, but if you weight 135 lbs, it might be ok for you.
    Many, but not all, change or modify the wind screen situation.

Huh, then you should have gone over to the Super Tenere forum instead of posting in the vague and general ADV thread with 1400 pages. A lot more specific threads there.

Nah, keep the Vstrom. You don't want the heavier, uses more gas, more expensive Super Ten. You'd miss all that quality time oiling the chain.:evil