World of Tanks

Discussion in 'Shiny Things' started by OConnor, Jan 29, 2012.

1. Cat0020

Cat0020 El cheapo

Oddometer:
    My understanding is that you can have a 'mascot' that is designated in calling the battle, player is designated to pay attention to the minimap and observe the whole battle as it occurs and giving out orders to the participants on a constant basis.

Playing a tier 1 tank to fill up the tank company tier count when the rest of the team stack up to be 59 (with the limit of total tier being 60 for medium tank company), a deputy commander in training who needs to focus on learning the skill of calling battles as a whole can do so without driving a tier 6 to contribute to battle thru out..

Better yet, some time I see the designated 'mascot' being the fast moving scout tier 2 scout that die quickly in battle then go into post-mortem mode, toddle thru the remain living teammates that remain in battle to call out orders.. it could be an effective stradigy.
  2. FPGT72

FPGT72 Long timer

Oddometer:
    I have had this happen more then a few times...but they seem to use me as cover....then will not backup, but push me forward. I was even told that their tank was too expensive to repair and they had to use me as cover....I told the bad guys where that guy was, and made a note of his id just incase I come across him again....I was that pissed. I mean really...I suck at this but to keep me from backing up and pushing me into the line of fire because you dont' want your tiger II to get dented.

I also had another guy shoot me right after start because he ran into me. Then told me I did not know my place. You don't tell that to a stug mounting the big gun...it will do nasty things to your PZiv.
  3. papalobster

papalobster With Gusto!

Oddometer:
    In the beach map last night, I forget the name of it, I was in the Pz4. Me an M7MT, and an M10 ran down the beach got a few kills and stormed the cap. I noticed a red team KV-1 was following us but never got in place for a shot, I stuck close to the wall to ambush him as he came on to the cappers. Some dickhead in a Stug was shooting me. I thought it was a red team Stug, but didn't see him. Wasn't enough time to go around and shoot him in the back.
  4. MN_Smurf

MN_Smurf Capt_Confusion

Oddometer:
    I just spent some time platooning with Cat.....wow, it's amazing what happens when you have your own personal arty support. :lol3 I set up the targets, he knocked them down.:clap
  5. papalobster

papalobster With Gusto!

Oddometer:
    I got in a battle at Airfiled yesterday wher 3 T-50-2's were platooned together. Wow, what a ruckus they caused! :lol3 I got one. I just stayed in one spot by the arty and ambushed. We lost. Funniest thing though? Last tank standing was an M7 Priest!
  6. Cat0020

Cat0020 El cheapo

Oddometer:
    Sure was great fun when playing along side those who use TeamSpeak and know the game. :clap Excellent teamwork.

[​IMG]
  7. SkidMarx

SkidMarx Long timer

Oddometer:
    If there are no objections, I'd like to invite a friend from work into the clan.
    His WoT ID is twj.
  8. MN_Smurf

MN_Smurf Capt_Confusion

Oddometer:
    No problem from me.
  9. Cat0020

Cat0020 El cheapo

Oddometer:
    Hope he has comm. (mic & hedphones) and uses TeamSpeak.
  10. SkidMarx

SkidMarx Long timer

Oddometer:
    Yep. it's a big reason he want's to join up.
  11. Ebein

Ebein Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Operation Husky Special

Discount on crew training and retraining: 50% off

50% off the gold cost of the following:
    Ram-II

50% off the credit cost of the following tanks:
    M3 Lee
    M4 Sherman
    M10 Wolverine
    M7 Priest
    Stug III
    JagPz IV
    PzKpfw IV
    PzKpfw V Panther

Increased credit income: 2x
    Stug III
    M10 Wolverine
  12. MN_Smurf

MN_Smurf Capt_Confusion

Oddometer:
    Well, I lost 200K tonight trying to get a win in my KV-4.....never happened. Every team was clueless, and most of them were steamrolls by the other side.
  13. Cat0020

Cat0020 El cheapo

Oddometer:
    Same here, lost 8 in a row in my IS-8, T-54 & IS-3 battles, that's about losing 10K credit per battle..
  14. SteelJM1

SteelJM1 Former Undercover KTM rider

Oddometer:
    I had nothing but bad luck today as well. Put a dent into my W/L ratio as well
  15. OConnor

OConnor Bad Juju

Oddometer:
    Wow, I'd turn around and there would be two of us left with ten red tanks closing in. Still had fun but damn! Almost got the Pershing.
  16. MN_Smurf

MN_Smurf Capt_Confusion

Oddometer:
    Tier 5 lights are still half price and retraining is now half price....
  17. papalobster

papalobster With Gusto!

Oddometer:
    I ended last night 5-3. I was going to do one more battle to get my x3 in the Pershing and got booted from the client. Took so long to reload that I said heck with it and retired.

Had an epic battle in Abbey with the M12. 4 kills, 4 injured and 2 scouts:lol3 There was a T95 that made it to the north base from the east road while a Ferdinand was coming from the west side to cap. No sense hanging around dying, so I headed out. I stormed up the middle in TD mode (passing a Tiger 1 from our team:huh), shot a T28 TD that was holding the T95 up. Got to the cap and stuck one inthe back of a Tiger2 that was next in line for the T95. There was one of those T28 prototypes hiding to teh west and he missed me one shot, I got a round near him for damage, than he got me with his next shot. Almost 30k silver with that battle.

I should figure out how to record battles.

Almost got Invader with the Priest last night too:lol3

Not sure if I should keep grinding to the M40/43 or just stick with the M12 for a while. that thing just turns soooooo sloooowwww.
  18. MN_Smurf

MN_Smurf Capt_Confusion

Oddometer:
    There is a switch in the settings menu to turn on replay recording. It saves a WoT native file in the replays folder inside you WoT folder. From there, FRAPS to get an AVI file and then Windows Movie Maker or similar to shrink the size. Check with Ebein....he's gotten pretty good at making them.
  19. UngaWunga

UngaWunga Mosquito bait

Oddometer:
    My IS was getting a bunch of kills last night, as well as my Grille. Got 5 artillery kills and my team still lost. Annoying.

Haven't played in a while, weather has been too nice to sit inside.
  20. papalobster

papalobster With Gusto!

Oddometer:
    I would have liked to stay in and play last night. It was 107 with around 60% humidity. It was like breathing and drinking at the same time. Ugh. Then I had to play volleyball. I love wisconsin weather.

I'll look into that movie thing tonight.