Suzuki V-strom skid plate for DL650

Discussion in 'Vendors' started by narcosis junky, Mar 20, 2010.

1. narcosis junky

narcosis junky NARCOSIS JUNKY

Oddometer:
    Enduro guardian
    V-strom after market stuff. skid plates,radiator guards,oil cooler guards,lift kits. (This is an old post, please find an up dated one, the design has changed 4/2012)

I make Skid plates for The Suzuki V-strom 650 and 1000.

[​IMG]

I sell the Steel Skid Plate for $140 Powder coated black
    I sell the Stainless skid plate for $200 Powder coated black
    I sell the Aluminum skid plate for $200 Powder coated black
    I sell the mounting bracket for $40 with hardware
    Custom paint color is $10 more
    Hardware Up grade is $10 more

Total $180 for the standard steel skid plate package.

Shipping, I ship UPS in the US and USPS for International. It is the cheapest.
    West coast comes out to be between $12 and $18
    East coast comes out to be between $22 and $26
    Canada comes out to be about $62
    Other country's between $82 and $130

P/S The skid plate is designed to deflect rocks/gravel, small objects. It's designed to protect your oil filter, oil cooler, exhaust. It is not designed to be used as a belly ramp to go over logs and jumping buildings. If you choose to do that, you are doing it at your own risk. Yes the product is very strong, but it is only as strong as the tube guard that it is mounted to. So I'm not liable if damage is done to your bike.

Reasons for the design.

I didn't like the after market ones because they are expensive and cheaply made. I had an aluminum one that I paid $219. It had cut outs on the bottom for the exhaust. So it didn't protect the exhaust. And first time off road, The aluminum skid plate got all bent up. So I decided on inventing and making my own. I work for a fabrication shop. So I decided to get creative on my Solid works Program.

The things I wanted out of a skid plate:

To protect The exhaust.
    To protect the Oil filter.
    To protect the Oil cooler.
    To be able to lift the whole bike from under the skid plate.
    To be strong and tough.
    To look good.
    To adapt to both Givi , SW-Motech, Hepco Becker, Altrider, and other Crash bars.
    And easy to install.

What I didn't want:

holes on the bottom where sticks could poke through.
    a hole to drain the oil. It doesn't work. you end up making a mess.
    A hole to change the filter. That would take away the protection I tried to give the oil filter.
    If you can get your hand in there, imagine what else will get in.

So this is what I came up with.

[​IMG]

So I got to work on this design. And here are a few pics of it on my bike, this is the stainless with no powder coating.

[​IMG]

Of course it took a few tries and a few designs to perfect it. But I was Happy with the final product.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Now that I had designed the skid plate. I had to tackle the next problem.

The mounting bracket. The one that came with my aluminum skid plate was thin, cheap, and flimsy. I kept bending it.
    So I decided that I had to create a new one and much stronger. The kind that a Duel Sport bike should have. I believe if you are going to protect your investment (Motorcycle) then you have to do it right.

So this is what I drew up.

[​IMG]

Here is a comparison of the competitions bracket and My bracket.
    My bracket is 1/4" thick and made of steel. Powder coated in black.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

And of course, every one wants the hardware supplied with the Skid plate and bracket.
    So, I put together a hardware kit. Every thing you need to install the skid plate.

[​IMG]

Now I ask that when you order, you specify the type of bolts you want under the skid plate.

Hex? or pan head?

[​IMG]

The Upgrade Hardware kit allows you to have pan head bolts go in from the front of the skid plate So you don't have nuts sticking out. Some people like that better.
    The Upgrade consists of 5/16" stainless button head bolts and machined blocks that go on the back of the crash bars.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

The install

First you need to get your bike off of your kick stand. Use a duel kick stand if you have one.

You will have to remove the bolt that holds your exhaust and the two bolts that hold your kick stand. You can use a 12" extension and a wobbly to reach from the opposite side. It works really well.

[​IMG]

Then you need to install the bracket.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Then you put both U-bolts on the front of your crash bars. I use a piece of green rubber with 4 holes. You can use a piece of inner tube.
    Anything works. it's just to put a layer between the skid plate and the crash bar. And it holds the U-bolts in position. It's not mandatory to put something there. It just helps to hold the U-bolts in position.

[​IMG]

Then I hold up the front of the skid plate and bolt the front on. I use the second set of holes. I bolt it on loosely.

[​IMG]

Then I raise the rear up to the bracket and install the two bolts. Remember to lube these two bolts. They are both stainless bolts and stainless lock nuts. If you don't put oil,grease,lock tight or some thing, they will seize permanently. Once everything is screwed in, Tighten all the nuts and bolts. And you are done.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Now here is more info on the product.

It is made of steel and powder coated black.
    Steel is 11 gauge. (1/8" steel) weight about 11 lbs.
    Stainless is also 11 gauge. weight about 11.5 lbs. (hardest material)(no rust)
    Aluminum is 3/16 and weight is about 8 lbs.( softer material)

The bracket is 1/4" steel. Powder coated black.

The bottom bolts are 3/8" bolts.
    The front U-bolts are 1/4"
    The two Kick stand bolts are M12 x 1.25 X 35
    The exhaust bolt is M8 x 1.25 x 2"

When ready to order,
    send me a E-mail with your order and zip code so I can look up shipping.
    Then I will send you a paypal invoice. Once paid, I ship.

I take Paypal, money orders. I will do checks, but I will wait for them to clear. (I don't like checks) but will accept.
    I sell these for half of what you would pay in a retail store.
    So I don't make much of a profit. The prices are what they are.

If you have questions, you can PM me or
    E-mail me.

Yann D.
    Yann_dex@msn.com
    Enduro.guardian@gmail.com
    (541)896-1205
    (541)912-1205

Oregon

Please post pictures of your skid plate mounted if you can. On this thread.
    Or e-mail me pics if you can. Thank you.

Pictures of skid plate on other V-strom 650

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
  2. eakins

eakins Butler Maps

Oddometer:
    did you make that radiator gaurd?
    i've been looking for one and that's a new one to me.
  3. narcosis junky

Oddometer:
    Yes, I did make it, but I only have one left and I'm not making any more of the radiator guards. The material is to expensive.

If you want my last one, it's $80.

yann
    541-912-1205
  4. no2opec

no2opec Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Sent PM
  5. no2opec

no2opec Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    I sent you my e-mail
    Thanks,
    Richard
  6. last in line

last in line “No matter where you go, there you are” Supporter

Oddometer:
    Recently got this plate for my Vee. Very happy with the quality of the work and relative ease of install. I found it easiest to completely remove the exhaust due to one of the kickstand bolts didn't want to turn. Anyway I would not hesitate to promote this plate over others and the price is right.:clap
  7. no2opec

no2opec Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Wow. That exhaust removal sounds like a hassle. I used a 3/8 drive breaker bar that has a much smaller head than a wrench or a socket and it also varies the angle of "attack" and it was cream cheese. Those OEM kicker bolts are tight. The Happy Trails HWY Pegs snug right up to the plate and looks great. I will take some pics and post.
    Very nice plate.
  8. narcosis junky

Oddometer:
    I have had some interest in the radiator guard and the oil cooler. I'm working on having some made at work. I should be able to sell them with in the month or so.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Thank you.

yann
  9. no2opec

no2opec Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Great item and it bolted right up to the Happy Trails HWY pegs.
    [​IMG]
  10. no2opec

no2opec Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    I mean Hwy bars bolted right up to plate.
    BTW great service and fast shipping on a professionally
    crafted farkle.
    Thanks Yann
  11. narcosis junky

Oddometer:

You are welcome. It looks great. I'm happy to see that my product fits so many other products. Crash bars, center stands , hwy pegs. It's hard to develop a fits all product. Things change so fast year to year. thank you for the feed back.

yann
  12. eakins

eakins Butler Maps

Oddometer:
    i still haven't gotten a rad gaurd yet.
    any work on this? i was hoping for black but no big deal.

13. narcosis junky

Oddometer:
    i have them on order. i should have them with in a week or so. here is what they are going to look like. They are stainless and I can have it powder coated black if need be. that only takes a day or two.

FYI
    I have fished the new radiator guard design. I ordered several to be made. The guard will be made of stainless bright finish. You don't have to worry about dings or scratches like the aluminum ones. You don't have to worry about rust. It will last longer than the bike. And it says v-strom on the face.
    The radiator guard is for the DL650. I also ordered some oil cooler guards.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

I have also designed a lift kit. It will lift your bike about 3/4" to 1".
    It is made of 1/4" stainless. Very strong and it will never rust.

I will accept some pre-orders if you want.

Radiator guards are $100. (stainless)

Oil Cooler guards are $40(stainless)

Lifts are $50. (stainless)

yann
    (541)912-1205
    yann_dex@msn.com

ps I will post pictures once I get the radiator guard.
    The oil cooler guard is no different than the one on my WEE.
  14. narcosis junky

Oddometer:
    <!--[if !mso]> <style> v\:* {behavior:url(#default#VML);} o\:* {behavior:url(#default#VML);} w\:* {behavior:url(#default#VML);} .shape {behavior:url(#default#VML);} </style> <![endif]--><!--[if gte mso 9]><xml> <w:WordDocument> <w:View>Normal</w:View> <w:Zoom>0</w:Zoom> <w:TrackMoves>false</w:TrackMoves> <w:TrackFormatting/> <w:punctuationKerning/> <w:ValidateAgainstSchemas/> <w:SaveIfXMLInvalid>false</w:SaveIfXMLInvalid> <w:IgnoreMixedContent>false</w:IgnoreMixedContent> <w:AlwaysShowPlaceholderText>false</w:AlwaysShowPlaceholderText> <w:DoNotPromoteQF/> <w:LidThemeOther>EN-US</w:LidThemeOther> <w:LidThemeAsian>X-NONE</w:LidThemeAsian> <w:LidThemeComplexScript>X-NONE</w:LidThemeComplexScript> <w:Compatibility> <w:BreakWrappedTables/> <w:SnapToGridInCell/> <w:WrapTextWithPunct/> <w:UseAsianBreakRules/> <w:DontGrowAutofit/> <w:SplitPgBreakAndParaMark/> <w:DontVertAlignCellWithSp/> <w:DontBreakConstrainedForcedTables/> <w:DontVertAlignInTxbx/> <w:Word11KerningPairs/> <w:CachedColBalance/> </w:Compatibility> <m:mathPr> <m:mathFont m:val="Cambria Math"/> <m:brkBin m:val="before"/> <m:brkBinSub m:val="&#45;-"/> <m:smallFrac m:val="off"/> <m:dispDef/> <m:lMargin m:val="0"/> <m:rMargin m:val="0"/> <m:defJc m:val="centerGroup"/> <m:wrapIndent m:val="1440"/> <m:intLim m:val="subSup"/> <m:naryLim m:val="undOvr"/> </m:mathPr></w:WordDocument> </xml><![endif]--><!--[if gte mso 9]><xml> <w:LatentStyles DefLockedState="false" DefUnhideWhenUsed="true" DefSemiHidden="true" DefQFormat="false" DefPriority="99" LatentStyleCount="267"> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="0" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" QFormat="true" Name="Normal"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="9" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" QFormat="true" Name="heading 1"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="9" QFormat="true" Name="heading 2"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="9" QFormat="true" Name="heading 3"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="9" QFormat="true" Name="heading 4"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="9" QFormat="true" Name="heading 5"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="9" QFormat="true" Name="heading 6"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="9" QFormat="true" Name="heading 7"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="9" QFormat="true" Name="heading 8"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="9" QFormat="true" Name="heading 9"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="39" Name="toc 1"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="39" Name="toc 2"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="39" Name="toc 3"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="39" Name="toc 4"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="39" Name="toc 5"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="39" Name="toc 6"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="39" Name="toc 7"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="39" Name="toc 8"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="39" Name="toc 9"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="35" QFormat="true" Name="caption"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="10" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" QFormat="true" Name="Title"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="1" Name="Default Paragraph Font"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="11" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" QFormat="true" Name="Subtitle"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="22" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" QFormat="true" Name="Strong"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="20" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" QFormat="true" Name="Emphasis"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="59" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Table Grid"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Placeholder Text"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="1" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" QFormat="true" Name="No Spacing"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="60" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Light Shading"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="61" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Light List"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="62" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Light Grid"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="63" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Shading 1"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="64" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Shading 2"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="65" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium List 1"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="66" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium List 2"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="67" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Grid 1"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="68" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Grid 2"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="69" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Grid 3"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="70" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Dark List"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="71" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Colorful Shading"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="72" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Colorful List"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="73" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Colorful Grid"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="60" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Light Shading Accent 1"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="61" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Light List Accent 1"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="62" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Light Grid Accent 1"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="63" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Shading 1 Accent 1"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="64" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Shading 2 Accent 1"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="65" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium List 1 Accent 1"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Revision"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="34" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" QFormat="true" Name="List Paragraph"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="29" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" QFormat="true" Name="Quote"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="30" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" QFormat="true" Name="Intense Quote"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="66" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium List 2 Accent 1"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="67" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Grid 1 Accent 1"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="68" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Grid 2 Accent 1"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="69" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Grid 3 Accent 1"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="70" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Dark List Accent 1"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="71" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Colorful Shading Accent 1"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="72" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Colorful List Accent 1"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="73" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Colorful Grid Accent 1"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="60" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Light Shading Accent 2"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="61" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Light List Accent 2"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="62" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Light Grid Accent 2"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="63" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Shading 1 Accent 2"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="64" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Shading 2 Accent 2"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="65" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium List 1 Accent 2"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="66" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium List 2 Accent 2"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="67" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Grid 1 Accent 2"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="68" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Grid 2 Accent 2"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="69" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Grid 3 Accent 2"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="70" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Dark List Accent 2"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="71" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Colorful Shading Accent 2"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="72" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Colorful List Accent 2"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="73" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Colorful Grid Accent 2"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="60" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Light Shading Accent 3"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="61" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Light List Accent 3"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="62" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Light Grid Accent 3"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="63" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Shading 1 Accent 3"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="64" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Shading 2 Accent 3"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="65" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium List 1 Accent 3"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="66" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium List 2 Accent 3"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="67" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Grid 1 Accent 3"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="68" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Grid 2 Accent 3"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="69" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Grid 3 Accent 3"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="70" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Dark List Accent 3"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="71" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Colorful Shading Accent 3"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="72" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Colorful List Accent 3"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="73" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Colorful Grid Accent 3"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="60" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Light Shading Accent 4"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="61" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Light List Accent 4"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="62" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Light Grid Accent 4"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="63" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Shading 1 Accent 4"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="64" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Shading 2 Accent 4"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="65" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium List 1 Accent 4"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="66" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium List 2 Accent 4"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="67" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Grid 1 Accent 4"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="68" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Grid 2 Accent 4"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="69" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Grid 3 Accent 4"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="70" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Dark List Accent 4"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="71" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Colorful Shading Accent 4"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="72" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Colorful List Accent 4"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="73" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Colorful Grid Accent 4"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="60" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Light Shading Accent 5"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="61" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Light List Accent 5"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="62" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Light Grid Accent 5"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="63" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Shading 1 Accent 5"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="64" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Shading 2 Accent 5"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="65" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium List 1 Accent 5"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="66" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium List 2 Accent 5"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="67" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Grid 1 Accent 5"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="68" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Grid 2 Accent 5"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="69" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Grid 3 Accent 5"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="70" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Dark List Accent 5"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="71" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Colorful Shading Accent 5"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="72" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Colorful List Accent 5"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="73" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Colorful Grid Accent 5"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="60" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Light Shading Accent 6"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="61" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Light List Accent 6"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="62" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Light Grid Accent 6"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="63" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Shading 1 Accent 6"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="64" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Shading 2 Accent 6"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="65" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium List 1 Accent 6"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="66" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium List 2 Accent 6"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="67" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Grid 1 Accent 6"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="68" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Grid 2 Accent 6"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="69" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Grid 3 Accent 6"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="70" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Dark List Accent 6"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="71" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Colorful Shading Accent 6"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="72" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Colorful List Accent 6"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="73" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Colorful Grid Accent 6"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="19" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" QFormat="true" Name="Subtle Emphasis"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="21" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" QFormat="true" Name="Intense Emphasis"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="31" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" QFormat="true" Name="Subtle Reference"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="32" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" QFormat="true" Name="Intense Reference"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="33" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" QFormat="true" Name="Book Title"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="37" Name="Bibliography"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="39" QFormat="true" Name="TOC Heading"/> </w:LatentStyles> </xml><![endif]--><!--[if gte mso 10]> <style> /* Style Definitions */ table.MsoNormalTable {mso-style-name:"Table Normal"; mso-tstyle-rowband-size:0; mso-tstyle-colband-size:0; mso-style-noshow:yes; mso-style-priority:99; mso-style-qformat:yes; mso-style-parent:""; mso-padding-alt:0in 5.4pt 0in 5.4pt; mso-para-margin-top:0in; mso-para-margin-right:0in; mso-para-margin-bottom:10.0pt; mso-para-margin-left:0in; line-height:115%; mso-pagination:widow-orphan; font-size:11.0pt; font-family:"Calibri","sans-serif"; mso-ascii-font-family:Calibri; mso-ascii-theme-font:minor-latin; mso-fareast-font-family:"Times New Roman"; mso-fareast-theme-font:minor-fareast; mso-hansi-font-family:Calibri; mso-hansi-theme-font:minor-latin; mso-bidi-font-family:"Times New Roman"; mso-bidi-theme-font:minor-bidi;} </style> <![endif]--> [FONT=&quot]The new and improved Enduro Guardian Skid plate is here.[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]I have been working on making some changes on the ENDURO GUARDIAN SKID PLATE. And I have been listening to some of the feed back. And I have removed the bolts on the bottom of the skid plate. No more hex bolts. Now the skid plate is mounted on the sides with two button head (alan head) bolts. Nice clean bottom.[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]The prices have changed a little due to an increase in material costs. My stuff isn't made in China or Taiwan. It's made right here in Eugene Oregon USA. And I hand weld every single skid plates my self. The stainless and aluminum ones are hand Tig welded.[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]When ordering,you need the bracket and hardware with the skid plate to install it.[/FONT]
    [FONT=&quot]I have individual prices for the bracket because some customers just want to order the bracket and make it work with their other brand skid plate.[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]Steel skid plate package $180 (skid $140, bracket and hardware $40)[/FONT]
    [FONT=&quot]Stainless skid plate package $240 (skid $200, bracket and hardware $40)[/FONT]
    [FONT=&quot]Aluminum skid plate package $240 (skid $200, bracket and hardware $40)[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]View from the right side of the new design.[/FONT]

[​IMG]

[FONT=&quot]View from the left side of the skid plate.[/FONT]

[​IMG]

[FONT=&quot]View of new bottom (no more hex bolts)[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot][​IMG][/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]Picture of the old design next to the new design.[/FONT]

[​IMG]

[FONT=&quot]How to Place an Order:[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]Now, when you order, send me a e-mail to [/FONT][FONT=&quot]yann_dex@msn.com[/FONT][FONT=&quot] or [/FONT][FONT=&quot]enduro.guardian@gmail.com[/FONT][FONT=&quot] with a list of what you want. A zip code so I can figure out the shipping cost.[/FONT]
    [FONT=&quot]And I will send you a paypal invoice. Once paid, I will ship out the package.[/FONT]
    [FONT=&quot]Let me know if you want the Upgrade hardware. [/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]Upgrade Hardware $10[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]The upgrade gives you a flush look on the front. Two 5/16" stainless pan head bolts screwed into two machined blocks powder coated black.[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]Upgrade hardware mount[/FONT]

[​IMG]

[FONT=&quot]Traditional mount (U-bolts)[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]I also have Steel radiator guards that are powder coated black for $60.[/FONT]
    [FONT=&quot]And steel oil cooler guards that are powder coated black for $40.[/FONT]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[FONT=&quot]I also have the radiator guards in stainless mirror finish (collector edition only 25 made) V-strom is written on the front for $100[/FONT]
    [FONT=&quot]And stainless mirror finish oil cooler guards for $50[/FONT]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[FONT=&quot]I also have HWY pegs.[/FONT][FONT=&quot] $100.[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]They are designed to fold back if the bike goes down. you can also fold them in when you go off road. They are designed with a narrow profile so as not to catch the ground if the bike goes on it's side. Short center with long pegs. They will give you the lowest and most forward position for stretching your legs. And they have been truly tested. The rubber pad is both tapped with 3M tape and bolted down. The rubber pad stop your feet from sliding and absorb a lot of the vibration.[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]HWY pegs in the down position.[/FONT]

[​IMG]

[FONT=&quot]Up position[/FONT]

[​IMG]

[FONT=&quot]Normal leg position[/FONT]

[​IMG]

[FONT=&quot]Legs stretched out position (I'm 6' tall)[/FONT]

[​IMG]

[FONT=&quot]And the 1" lift kit $50[/FONT]

[​IMG]

[FONT=&quot]I'm always looking for feed back and picture postings from fellow stromtroopers who have installed my products. I'm a full time employee at a fab shop. I do this on the side for fun and to make my fellow V-Strom riders happy. It's a Hobie and a side business for me.[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]Thank you for your support.[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]Yann D.[/FONT]
    [FONT=&quot]ENDURO GUARDIAN Products.[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot](541)912-1205[/FONT]
  15. Mike Honcho

Mike Honcho Got Beaver?

Oddometer:
    I'm interested in seeing the new design. Not sure if I am the only one who cannot see the pictures in the above post. :ear
  16. narcosis junky

Oddometer:
  17. narcosis junky

Oddometer:
    Since the other post doesn't show the pictures, this one should.

[FONT=&quot]The new and improved Enduro Guardian Skid plate is here.[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]I have been working on making some changes on the ENDURO GUARDIAN SKID PLATE. And I have been listening to some of the feed back. And I have removed the bolts on the bottom of the skid plate. No more hex bolts. Now the skid plate is mounted on the sides with two button head (alan head) bolts. Nice clean bottom.[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]The prices have changed a little due to an increase in material costs. My stuff isn't made in China or Taiwan. It's made right here in Eugene Oregon USA. And I hand weld every single skid plates my self. The stainless and aluminum ones are hand Tig welded.[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]When ordering,you need the bracket and hardware with the skid plate to install it.[/FONT]
    [FONT=&quot]I have individual prices for the bracket because some customers just want to order the bracket and make it work with their other brand skid plate.[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]Steel skid plate package $180 (skid $140, bracket and hardware $40)[/FONT]
    [FONT=&quot]Stainless skid plate package $240 (skid $200, bracket and hardware $40)[/FONT]
    [FONT=&quot]Aluminum skid plate package $240 (skid $200, bracket and hardware $40)[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]View from the right side of the new design.[/FONT]

[​IMG]

[FONT=&quot]View from the left side of the skid plate.[/FONT]

[​IMG]

[FONT=&quot]View of new bottom (no more hex bolts)[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]Picture of the old design next to the new design.[/FONT]

[​IMG]

[FONT=&quot]How to Place an Order:[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]Now, when you order, send me a e-mail to yann_dex@msn.com or enduro.guardian@gmail.com with a list of what you want. A zip code so I can figure out the shipping cost.[/FONT]
    [FONT=&quot]And I will send you a paypal invoice. Once paid, I will ship out the package.[/FONT]
    [FONT=&quot]Let me know if you want the Upgrade hardware. [/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]Upgrade Hardware $10[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot] The upgrade gives you a flush look on the front. Two 5/16" stainless pan head bolts screwed into two machined blocks powder coated black.[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]Upgrade hardware mount[/FONT]

[​IMG]

[FONT=&quot]Traditional mount (U-bolts)[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]I also have Steel radiator guards that are powder coated black for $60.[/FONT]
    [FONT=&quot]And steel oil cooler guards that are powder coated black for $40.[/FONT]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[FONT=&quot]I also have the radiator guards in stainless mirror finish (collector edition only 25 made) V-strom is written on the front for $100[/FONT]
    [FONT=&quot]And stainless mirror finish oil cooler guards for $50[/FONT]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[FONT=&quot]I also have HWY pegs. $100.[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]They are designed to fold back if the bike goes down. you can also fold them in when you go off road. They are designed with a narrow profile so as not to catch the ground if the bike goes on it's side. Short center with long pegs. They will give you the lowest and most forward position for stretching your legs. And they have been truly tested. The rubber pad is both tapped with 3M tape and bolted down. The rubber pad stop your feet from sliding and absorb a lot of the vibration.[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]HWY pegs in the down position.[/FONT]

[​IMG]

[FONT=&quot]Up position[/FONT]

[​IMG]

[FONT=&quot]Normal leg position[/FONT]

[​IMG]

[FONT=&quot]Legs stretched out position (I'm 6' tall)[/FONT]

[​IMG]

[FONT=&quot]And the 1" lift kit $50[/FONT]

[​IMG]

[FONT=&quot]I'm always looking for feed back and picture postings from fellow stromtroopers who have installed my products. I'm a full time employee at a fab shop. I do this on the side for fun and to make my fellow V-Strom riders happy. It's a Hobie and a side business for me.[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]Thank you for your support.[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]Yann D.[/FONT]
    [FONT=&quot]ENDURO GUARDIAN Products.[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot](541)912-1205[/FONT]
  18. narcosis junky

Oddometer:
    Yeah, I finally got the Enduroguardian.com web site up and running.

Any one want's to check it out, go for it everything is there.

You-Tube videos, photo album, Store has everything in inventory.

All information is there. Check out the store. Here is a link to the store.

Store: http://shop.enduroguardian.com/

Web site: http://enduroguardian.com/

Yep, people can even pay with credit cards if they want.

Check it out.

Yann D.
  19. narcosis junky

Oddometer:
    Please order your Skid plate, HWY pegs, lift kit, and radiator guard in now before Christmas and New Years.
    I will not be shipping orders between December 20th and January 1st.
    So if you plan on ordering a Skid plate(bash plate) or HWY pegs or lift kit, or Radiator guard for your V-strom, Get your order in now!
    I will take orders during that Holiday break, but will not ship them out until after January 2nd.

Go to EnduroGuardian.com to place your order

Any questions, you can call (541)912-1205 or E-mail me at yann@EnduroGuardian.com

Thank you.

yann D.
  20. narcosis junky

Oddometer:
    New Product.

Yes, after receiving a lot of emails requesting that I design a guard for the kick stand switch, it is finally here.
    This guard will mount to the New skid plate design that I'm coming out with and it will retrofit to the older skid plates by just drilling one hole. All of this on my YouTube video. The Guard and hardware are sold at EnduroGuardian.com

Here is a sample of it on my aluminum skid plate.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/8680102@N04/9132405578/

Check out the video on YouTube or on my website at EnduroGuardian.com

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XM6OCSVQGCQ

thank you.

yann D.
    (541)912-1205