The I LOVE THIS GUN Thread

Discussion in 'Shiny Things' started by HiTechRedneck, Nov 20, 2008.

1. acesandeights

acesandeights Noob

Oddometer:
    I was having a conversation with a friend and he was considering a firearm with laser sight. He asked me if you really hit where the laser is and I said, yeah, but put the laser on something and see how consistenly you can hold it. I said, if you think you can hold it still, you won't after having a laser sight and watching it float around the quarter-sized target. Most guns will put them where you place them, it's just that most of us think we place them better than the gun shoots when in fact it's the other way around.
  2. buildit

buildit Guns, bikes and Bows

Oddometer:
    Picked up a new Mark 3 today. Didn't get to do a whole lot of shooting as it was stupid cold and it took more time than I expected to disassemble, clean and reassemble it before firing for the first time. Over all it seems like it will be a fun firearm to train with when at the range or out back for a lot less than the 9mm.
    [​IMG]
  3. newcastleadam

newcastleadam Artful Tagger

Oddometer:
    First time messing with a Ruger standard, eh? :-)
  4. urbancowboy

urbancowboy Vicious Cycler

Oddometer:
  5. Signal

Signal it's such a fine line between stupid and clever

Oddometer:
    Nice :deal
  6. buildit

Oddometer:
    Yeah, I've been an old school shooter for years and just got into semi auto pistols this year. So I'm going thru the learning curve. :D
  7. urbancowboy

urbancowboy Vicious Cycler

Oddometer:
    on the bright side, now all the other autos will seem easy to you.:D
  8. buildit

Oddometer:
    You are not kidding, the LC9 and Glock are so familiar to me now I could do it blind folded.:D
  9. Cumminsman76

Cumminsman76 befuddled

Oddometer:
  10. FPGT72

FPGT72 Long timer

Oddometer:
    They are.....I guess I would say unique....to say the least.....but after you figure it out it really is not that bad....at least I don't have that big of a problem with it.
  11. Josephvman

Josephvman I'm the Decider Supporter

Oddometer:
    I don't recall the name of it, but someone makes a modification for the Ruger Mark series to make them much easier to take down and clean. My Mark III Hunter probably has 600 rounds through it, and I've never taken it down, but there are some pretty good youtube videos showing the procedure. I'm waiting for a day when I'm completely frustrated about all kinds of other stuff, because I'm pretty sure taking down the Ruger will ruin a good day!

Also, a magazine loader can make it much easier to go through box after box of .22LR.

Congrats, nice gun.

12. PunkinHead

PunkinHead Moobless Adventurer

Oddometer:
    Take down is easy. Putting it back together...

Actually it's not bad if you follow along with one of the YouTube videos the first time or two.
  13. UnderNewOwnership

UnderNewOwnership Thread Slayer

Oddometer:
    Has anyone ever fired an Henri Pieper revolver rifle? They were used by the Mexican Army in the 1890s.
  14. FPGT72

FPGT72 Long timer

Oddometer:
    They are not hard once you learn the trick.....you want a challange take apart a Nylon 66.
  15. PMC

PMC riding rider

Oddometer:

Agreed, take down it the easy part.<?xml:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:eek:ffice:eek:ffice" /><o:p></o:p>
    Easier to put back together with the Bushing mod as you no longer need to mess with the trigger to get the hammer where you need it for reassembly.<o:p></o:p>

I completely field strip mine every other time I shoot and run a boresnake through it after every time out.<o:p></o:p>

While it's not like field stripping a Glock it isn't bad once you've done it a few times.<o:p></o:p>
  16. EvilGenius

EvilGenius 1.5 Finger Discount

Oddometer:
    henri pieper carbineship;20565654]Has anyone ever fired an Henri Pieper revolver rifle? They were used by the Mexican Army in the 1890s.[/QUOTE]

Never heard of it, but they look cool as hell!
  17. buildit

Oddometer:
    No, I've done worse. I think the worst part is the in and out with the mag to reset the hammer (firing block?), what ever it's called. :lol3

Here's a vid of the MK3 and my second time breaking it down and reassembling it.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S_IL0Chv-Ho
  18. Weldman

Weldman Long timer

Oddometer:
    over the years and I have NEVER had the need to take them apart. Just squirt some carb cleaner through the action if it gets really gummed up for godssakes. Usually good old Hoppes #9 and a toothbrush does just fine.
  19. Josephvman

Josephvman I'm the Decider Supporter

Oddometer:
    That's my routine. I love the gun but I'm afraid I won't anymore when I have it in pieces all over the kitchen table!

20. Achtung

Achtung Wicked Pisssah Adventurer

Oddometer:
    The MK 3 is a bear to reassemble at first but with a little practice it gets easier. Worth the trouble for a fine piece.