The I LOVE THIS GUN Thread

Discussion in 'Shiny Things' started by HiTechRedneck, Nov 20, 2008.

1. Signal

Signal it's such a fine line between stupid and clever

Oddometer:
    :nod
    Love both my CZ 9mms- a P07 duty, and an older 85B

You have good taste
  2. fishwich

fishwich Cabin in the woods

Oddometer:
    Wow. Didn't realize there was much aftermarket support for CZ. I have to check that store out.
  3. fishwich

fishwich Cabin in the woods

Oddometer:
    Gotta be careful shooting plate steel. Those rounds can come back at you. Had the jacket from a .357 bounce off of a brake disc rotor and partially imbed itself in my calf back in the 90's.
  4. AZbiker

AZbiker Say hi to the bad guy

Oddometer:
    There is some nice trick stuff there.
  5. FPGT72

FPGT72 Long timer

Oddometer:

I would have to agree with thins....if the target is not flat, bits can do all kinds of strange things....and from quite a way back...I don't have a mark, but I sure did hear it.
  6. HardCase

HardCase winter is coming

Oddometer:
    You're never gonna let me live down the fact that I'm a couple of months older than you are!!! :lol3
  7. Dismount

Dismount Dagnabit billy

Oddometer:
    I did that with a cinderblock and a .357 taurus once.

Only it bounced offa my forehead.
  8. EvilGenius

EvilGenius 1.5 Finger Discount

Oddometer:
    Been waiting for this one.

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/6RTlnBMvVm8" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>
  9. Fire Escape

Fire Escape Long timer

Oddometer:
    That was pretty cool to see. I believe that was the gun my dad was shot with, he didn't go into details often, usually just said 'machine gun' but somehow I recall him mentioning something (probably while watching a WWII movie or Hogan's Heros (he never missed that, guess it was a reminder, although not too close for comfort of his POW time)) that made me think MP 40 (and yes, I would have been among those who called it a 'Shmeiser' (sp?)). I should look up the videos on the Thompson as that was mostly what he carried, always claimed that he threw it away more than once (too heavy) but it would find it's way back.

Bruce
  10. Fe Man

Fe Man I am Iron Moran!

Oddometer:
    I bought Fe Boy a Ruger American in .308 on Saturday and I am now searching for a scope. Anyone have a entry model premium scope, like a Leupold VX-1, etc, that they are looking to sell?
  11. KSJEEPER

KSJEEPER Long timer

Oddometer:
    Yup, back in the Corps days we were shooting at steel pop up targets pretty far downrange (over 300 yards if I recall) with 240g. Lots of guys shooting, lots of rounds going downrange in bursts. Buddy standing behind me felt a bit of a punch (very little) in his flak jacket and sure enough at his feet was a mangled round.

Pretty unlikely event, but if you fire enough rounds down there, strange stuff can happen. Our assumption was that a round hit just right as target was re-setting, and did a rainbow arc back towards us. Could have been a round from anyone on the line.

But of course, he tells the story about when "I shot him with the 240"... I reply by reminding him of the time he turned his ankle and fell out of a gear retention hump in which I carried my pack, with his pack on top of my head for the last 5 miles.
  12. Dismount

Dismount Dagnabit billy

Oddometer:
    It was mostly the copper jacket that came back to me.

I kept it for years. Wonder where it finally wandered off to.
  13. ttpete

ttpete Rectum Non Bustibus

Oddometer:
    Anyone who's pulled targets in military matches has seen bullets turn around in the sand bank butts and come back. Most of the energy is dissipated, though. I've fired 30-06 armor piercing and had the steel penetrator core come buzzing back overhead.
  14. KSJEEPER

KSJEEPER Long timer

Oddometer:
    Yeah, the chunk that hit my buddy in the flak jacket wouldn't have done any real harm had he only been in a skivvy shirt. Might have scratched him or made a small hole, but certainly wouldn't have been a real wound. It wasn't doing much more than falling from the sky by the time it got to him.
  15. Whitey1

Whitey1 Long timer

Oddometer:
    I thought the same thing. I had one for a few months and could not hit the broad side of a barn, but the buddy I sold it to was great with it. It had a long trigger pull but I tried my best to follow the basic fundamentals of good trigger control. Beats me.
  16. Whitey1

Whitey1 Long timer

Oddometer:
    Im still the glock fan boy. I can hit anything with my 19, but admittedly have probably 1500+ rds through it compared roughly 300 through the LC9. The plastic trigger bar (connector?)broke and I sent it back to Ruger to be fixed. Even after getting it back I couldnt get used to it. I know it isnt a target pistol but I want to feel confident in a gun if I own it.
  17. buildit

buildit Guns, bikes and Bows

Oddometer:
    You tracking the guns I buy? :lol3 I'm still looking at 9mm carbines, you wanna go first this time? :D
  18. Whitey1

Whitey1 Long timer

Oddometer:
    Im in reverse to you, other then a Ruger .22 revolver I havent had any other wheel guns. My next purchase will most likely be a nice wheel gun. Then maybe a 1911, then...... and then.... and

:lol3
  19. buildit

buildit Guns, bikes and Bows

Oddometer:
    Since you copied everything else might I suggest a nice .357 colt? :D
  20. BMWBILO

BMWBILO Snapperhead

Oddometer:

My dad had one of those. I remember going out to a wash out in So Cal where we lived and watching my dad shot his MP 40. One summer while we were on vacation our house was broke into and the MP 40 plus a bunch of other guns my dad had, and my moms jewelry that was handed down from her mom was stolen. Whoever broke into our house knew exactly where everything was at. Had to be someone that knew my dad.
    Would really love to have that MP 40 plus the Browning Hi Power with the Nazi markings that my dad had.