Pensacola area riders

Discussion in 'The Sandbox - AKA Flatistan' started by XT Thumper, Mar 11, 2008.

1. Hatch

Hatch Perpetually lost

Oddometer:
    I nominate mugster and bz for the pensacola bmwoa demo team:deal
  2. Barney

Barney I reckon so

Oddometer:
    Got home 30 minutes ago, started in Sapphire, NC. Beautiful day in the mountains, clear and cool. Rode over 600 miles today, stayed with secondary roads mostly, went back and completed a fun section of the Tets near Suches that I bypassed on the way up due to a no trespassing sign that turns out is a bluff. Think I'll give the KLR a rest tomorrow.

Brett
  3. ineptizoid

ineptizoid I'm scared hold me

Oddometer:
    Glad ya made it home safe & sound, Brett! You gonna do a ride report with pics?:ear
  4. Barney

Barney I reckon so

Oddometer:
    If I can motivate myself, need to see how the pics came out too.
  5. Madhouse

Madhouse Semi-Goodlookin! Supporter

Oddometer:
    Cool!
    Take your time to digest what happened so all the good stuff gets included.

I'm lookin forward to this report! :ear
  6. bzrider

bzrider Long timer

Oddometer:
    I WANT THE MECHANIC /TEST RIDER DEMO GUY JOB..... I have my own 911 now:lol3
  7. Woods Rider

Woods Rider X-Crazed Racing Fool

Oddometer:
    Way to go Barney! Can't wait to see the pics and hear all about it.

Madhouse, Courtney has been a client of mine for the past 10 years, he is an awesome business man!

Here's what I rode yesterday...woo woo..!:evil
    [​IMG]

I took my mom out for a sail on her 82nd birthday yesterday. My dad did pretty good steering while I took the shot.

Ryan Dungey's bike.............what a shame!
  8. Barney

Barney I reckon so

Oddometer:
    Here's a few pics
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
  9. bzrider

bzrider Long timer

Oddometer:
    :clap very nice looks like you had a blast, awsome senery:clap
  10. James Adams

James Adams wut

Oddometer:
    Pete--you're correct. Sometimes you've gotta make do with what you have. I'm pretty new at the soft-road thing, but I'm getting better.

On the voice narrative--I don't think it would be heard on the video, the mic on the camera is pretty bad. Plus I'm not much of a talker; most of it would be something along the lines of "what the heck, more sand?!"

11. James Adams

James Adams wut

Oddometer:
    :thumb

12. Madhouse

Oddometer:
    Lookin good Brett.
    Your teasin us with those shots and I'll bet Dr Z's gonna enjoy this one fer sure:
    [​IMG]

Your gonna have another diamond in your crown for letting Rich tag along with you. :thumb
  13. Barney

Barney I reckon so

Oddometer:
    We may have a clone problem here on ADV.

I had a good time with Rich, hope I'm still riding at 75.:clap
  14. Barney

Barney I reckon so

Oddometer:
    Had a blast Billy, you'd been right at home on your street bike.
  15. Madhouse

Oddometer:
    Me too. :clap

[​IMG]
  16. sperz1

sperz1 Lame Adventurer Supporter

Oddometer:
    Anyone riding tomorrow? I'm thinking of heading out to blackwater.
  17. Barney

Barney I reckon so

Oddometer:
    I was lucky on this trip, no flat tires, no animal strikes, weather was favorable until West Virginia, only dropped the bike once at slow speed, no bike problems until yesterday. Saturday was a long day, started out in NC, worked my way down to Wolf Pen Gap, rode a fun section of rocky Jeep trail near Suches and continued my way south and west on secondary roads stopping in Calhoun Ga. for lunch around 2:00. Tried to start the bike after lunch.....dead, no headlight, no starter, nothing. Play with the ignition for a bit, unload the bike, take the seat off, check fuses, wiring, play with the wires under the instrument panel and the KLR is alive again. Put it all back together, load up and head home, nervous, but I turn the bike off a couple times to fuel up and get home around 11:00 with no further issues. Today I started the bike a couple times, changed the oil and washed the bike before riding to Crestview for a going away dinner for Dirty with the justdualsport folks and its dead again, no luck reviving this time, had it towed home. Anyway I consider myself lucky that the bike got me home and didn't strand me in some undesirable part of Alabama last night.

Somebody, I think Rob, asked whether Norm got a ticket for hitting a tree. Answer is no, but he did mention a $15K helicopter ride.
  18. ineptizoid

ineptizoid I'm scared hold me

Oddometer:
    Howzabout tmw eve mang? I see ya got yer DR for sale in the Flea Market.:cry

Hey Brett didn't yer KLR do the exact same thing out at Eglin last year? I never did ask you what that turned out to be. At any rate, I'm glad the beast got ya there & back; I hope mine does the same, I'm leaving next week. I've had a run of good luck with my KLR that's lasted 6 yrs and 28K miles, it's gotta end sometime, but hopefully not this summer.

You mentioned a $15K helicopter ride, another ADVer (BCGixxer) told me his post-crash helicopter ride cost the same thing. That's pretty strong. Makes my 40-mile $1500 ambulance ride look like a frikken bargain. I'm still kinda pissed that I didn't get any narcotics on that ambulance ride though; for $1500, they coulda at least given me a little Dilaudid. Or Fentanyl. Or even Percocet. Hell, I ain't picky. I woulda settled for a hit on some Cantonment Dirt Weed, and that's the triple truth. Ruth.:deal

19. Hatch

Hatch Perpetually lost

Oddometer:
    Thats about the going rate. I saw a local news story about the same thing not 2 days ago - I cannot believe medical/health insurance doesn't cover that shit!! unfreakinbelievable. whats really upsetting is the fact that there are so damn many that have no money (or jobs, or legal citizenship) that'll never pay it, but us law abiding citizens dont get any leeway with the insurance that practically puts us in the poor house to start with!

as for you, inept, from what ive heard your level of consciousness was altered, along with a possible head injury - which is a blatant contraindication for narcotics. hate it for ya but when yer really fucked up, they need you to stay how they found ya so you dont get any worse til they get you under an xray/mri/cat to make sure ya arent gettin worse (brain swelling, cephalic hematoma, spinal injury).

what really kills me about emergency medicine is how much the system gets abused regularly by some, who get away with it and never pay the piper, but an average joe eats shit and the medical system (mainly the insurance part of it) shovels another mouthful in after its all said and done.

I hope im still ridin by 75 too, cause hopefully thatll mean im more or less healthy and not in regular need of the "medical/insurance system" - dont even get me started on retirement/nursing homes!!:huh:eek1
  20. Barney

Barney I reckon so

Oddometer:
    Battery went kaput last time, think its the ignition switch this time, we'll see. Only bike I've had to tow home, twice now.

Sending you a pm with coordinates for this campsite with a nice babbling creek.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]