dualsportmaps.com - Android App

Discussion in 'Vendors' started by craftycoder, May 26, 2011.

1. Thanantos

Thanantos Ride hard.

Oddometer:
  2. roundtripping

roundtripping Adventourist

Oddometer:
  3. Thanantos

Thanantos Ride hard.

Oddometer:
  4. mototifosi

mototifosi What does this one do?

Oddometer:
    Appreciate the responses. I'll look into the 7!
  5. mmmmbeeeeer

mmmmbeeeeer Adventurer

Oddometer:
    I'm having problems running DSM on my nexus 7. In particular, the speedo/compass page doesn't display the speed numbers properly and the trip meter has never changed from 0000.

Am I the only one having these problems? I've reinstalled, restored to factory setting s and reinstalled, all to no avail.

I bought a nexus 7 only to run DSM, so I'm a bit disappointed that it won't run properly.

I'll post a screenshot when I can.
    Any suggestions gladly accepted!

Thanks,

Pete
  6. Mr. Fisherman

Mr. Fisherman Back in Black!

Oddometer:
    I wend with a Samsung Galaxy Tab 2 7 inch. It has more features and was cheaper. Haven't had an issue with anything with it including DSM.
  7. NordieBoy

NordieBoy Armature speller

Oddometer:
    Over here the 16gb N7 is the same price as the 8gb Tab 2.

I'll have a play with mine and see if the trip meter moves...
  8. craftycoder

craftycoder Motobrain PDU

Oddometer:
    App update pushed. 0.2.23 has a been updated with a new source for Google Sat tiles. The tile source was no longer available in the previous version.
  9. mmmmbeeeeer

mmmmbeeeeer Adventurer

Oddometer:
    Quick follow up.

I rolled my device back to Android 4.1.2 last night which fixed the number formatting problem, but still seeing no change on the trip meter even though the speed indicator shows the correct speed (as far as I can tell while riding).

I'll keep investigating...

On a different note, has anyone successfully paired a Nexus 7 with an SMH10 headset?

Cheers,

Pete
  10. craftycoder

craftycoder Motobrain PDU

Oddometer:
    Try resetting both the odometers (by long clicking them) and then see if they begin to respond.

11. mmmmbeeeeer

mmmmbeeeeer Adventurer

Oddometer:
    I did try that, but I'll try again today since I've reinstalled everything.

Thanks!

Pete
  12. NordieBoy

NordieBoy Armature speller

Oddometer:
    Long click reset both trip and fuel and no action on the N7.
  13. mmmmbeeeeer

mmmmbeeeeer Adventurer

Oddometer:
    Tried again and definitely no action on either meter.

So my current findings are:

1. Speedo and compass dial text is formatted incorrectly on N7 using Android 4.2.1 (will try upgrading again and see if I get the same result)

• On both Android 4.1.2 and 4.2.1, the trip and fuel meters don't increment.

FYI, I also tried setting units to Miles in case this had something to do with using kilometres, but had same outcome.

I'm open to any more suggestions.

Cheers,

Pete
  14. nigelcorn

nigelcorn Wannabe.

Oddometer:
    I hadn't tried yet with my n7, so I took it to work today.

Both trip and fuel meter work just fine. The only thing that was weird was that the speedometer needle was working, but there were no numbers on the dial. Everything else seemed to be working fine.

Pretty sure I'm current on upgrades for the nexus. It isn't rooted. I don't know the exact os version, and my tablet is all the way over on the other couch, I can't be walking all the way across the room to find out for sure.

So, seems like maybe it's something with your n7? Sorry to not be more help.
  15. mmmmbeeeeer

mmmmbeeeeer Adventurer

Oddometer:
    The lack of numbers on the dial seems to be a problem introduced by Android 4.2.1 (Jelly Bean). Interesting that your trip meter works as it has never worked for me.

The last thing I did was install Android 4.1.2 from official Google roms, so nothing unusual from that viewpoint.

I've also found that the N7 Bluetooth doesn't work well with my SMH10 headset, in all the N7 hasn't been a ranging success as far as my bike is concerned :-(

Thanks for checking!

Pete
  16. Mr. Fisherman

Mr. Fisherman Back in Black!

Oddometer:
    Have you downloaded the latest update for the SMH10?
  17. S H I F T Y

S H I F T Y Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    I have watched the videos, all of them... I think.

Three possibly stupid questions:

1. Is there a way (I thought it might be in screen orientation) that would keep the map pointed 'upward' in the direction I am traveling?

2. How do you delete all your previous track information so I don't have to see where I traveled the week prior.

3. Once I download a cached satellite view, how do I load it for the ride? I downloaded a forest area, but I don't see it anywhere to toggle it on/off. It is not located in the 'download' section of my tablet, and I can't find it on the app.

I have been testing this out on my route to work on my nexus 7 and I really dig it. But I can't figure out how to erase all the stored stuff from my previous usage.

Sorry for being a fuckin' idiot :huh
  18. nigelcorn

nigelcorn Wannabe.

Oddometer:
    Hope that is all right, I'm sure someone will correct me otherwise.
  19. S H I F T Y

S H I F T Y Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Thanks nigelcorn, you nailed #1 & #2. I'm sure you're right about #3 as well, I guess I didn't save the satellite view cache like I thought I did. I seem to remember it downloading the area I wanted for a few minutes at least, but I'll be damned if I know what I did or why it wasn't on the base map menu. How do you do that again? I have the area that I want on satellite view on the tablet... then what?
  20. nigelcorn

nigelcorn Wannabe.

Oddometer:
    In the map view, click on the 3 dots in the upper right. Click on "Point Options", then "Download Map" and adjust to the desired zoom. You may have downloaded it before at a zoomed out zoom (like 12 or something) and then tried to zoom in closer than you had cached. Or, maybe you just weren't on the right basemap.