The motorcycle chronicles of Jackie & Valentino

Discussion in 'Ride Reports - Epic Rides' started by V@lentino, Dec 3, 2008.

1. korrygan

korrygan n00b

Oddometer:
    BRAVO , Bravissimo, extra, génial. Super voyage. Merci de nous l'avoir fait partagé. j'ai aussi une St1300 . J'ai vu que tu parlais Français. je reviens de Sicile ou vous êtes aussi passés. Vous avez fait de belles photos. quel pays avez vous préféré ? Vos photos de Crète donnent envie d'y aller. Je suis sur le forum Pan European Francais. Mes balades : http://baladesEnMoto.free.fr

In my poor english : Great travel, thanks to share it. i have a ST1300 too. I saw you speak french. I am back from a travel in Sicilia where you passed. You take goods pictures. What country do you prefer ?. Your pictures of Crete say to me: you have to go...
    My travel on st : http://baladesenmoto.free.fr (corse, spain, austria, sicile, italy, suisse,liechenstein)
    Dream the reality ! you can do it ? then do it before sharks eat you :)
  2. V-rock

V-rock Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Great trip! Thanks for sharing with us
  3. supercub

supercub ass-less chaps rule!

Oddometer:
    awsome report, have you guy's made it to the west coast yet. try and come down to seattle some time. great job on your report:clap
  4. V@lentino

V@lentino V@lentino Supporter

Oddometer:
    Hi Supercub,

Writing the report was very therapeutic.

We have been on the West Coast since Feb now, did a ride through the Oregon/Nor Cal coast, to San Francisco, Yosemite, and back through the Sierras by Reno earlier in July. It was great albeit short; 10 days. As soon as I have a bit of time I will post a Pacific Coast edition of the chronicles.

We are at the pre-planning stage of a trip to Ushuaia for 2012.
  5. roqetman

roqetman Born to the Road

Oddometer:
    Excellent photos. I especially enjoyed the Italian ones - reminded me of my travels through there (sadly in a v.small car, not a bike).
  6. supercub

supercub ass-less chaps rule!

Oddometer:

when are you going to post the next ride report? the last on was excelent and cant wait for the lastest edition. ride safe guy's. eric
  7. V@lentino

Oddometer:
    I will start to work on Jackie and Valentino's latest adventure shortly, this summer they discovered the West Coast, more to come soon.
  8. STinner

STinner any direction will do

Oddometer:
    Are you still riding the ST1300?
    havent ridin the west coast yet but next yr!
    just found out my sis is moving to Bellingham Washington!
    i'm sure my '04 will make it...........

waitin on your new RR

dave
  9. V@lentino

Oddometer:
    Although I have been eyeing the GSA a lot lately, we are at the pre-planning stage of our trip to Argentina for 2012 or 2013, well I lke planning what can I tell you... Next summer the South West, the year after Mexico and by then we will have saved enough and practiced for a leisurely :wink: ride to Ushuaia.
  10. Fast_Boy_Slim

Fast_Boy_Slim Don't call me Wighty

Oddometer:
    That looks familiar

What a great ride report you really captured the flavour of the trip and not just all the great food.

[​IMG]
  11. V@lentino

Oddometer:
    Almost eerie how similar the pics are.

We had to rush to take that one before more tourists showed up.

Thanks for resuscitating the RR. Rarely a day goes by without us have a thought about that trip.
  12. reubenRN

reubenRN Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Excellent RR!
  13. V@lentino

Oddometer:
    Rare does a day go by that I don't think about the amazing trip we had. We have had the chance to do a bit of riding in Taipei, Thailand, India, and have also ridden the US Mid and Southwest since then. We are leaving for 6 weeks in Baja this fall.

A practice run for South America next year.:wink:

Thanks for resurecting the thread.
  14. AdventurePoser

AdventurePoser Long timer

Oddometer:
    A great ride report, you two...pix, words, everything!

Steve
  15. C-Stain

C-Stain Long timer

Oddometer:
    :clap

Thanks for the great RR! We're talking about a European trip in the coming years (when we've saved enough) and this report has given me some excellent information. It looks like you and Jackie had a wonderful time.

Good luck on your trip to TDF - I look forward to that RR as well!
  16. V@lentino

Oddometer:
    I am still amazed that once in a while someone pulls the cobweb of this ride report and gives it a read.

Yep the prep is full on for TDF, departure somewhere between Sept 20 and Oct 1st.

Jackie and Valentino are getting prepped for another epic ride.:evil
  17. C-Stain

C-Stain Long timer

Oddometer:
    Well, ac_elite, when you produce a quality RR, folks will keep going back.

Thanks for posting it!
  18. ONandOFF

ONandOFF more off than on

Oddometer:
    Superb report, René!
    Will you be reporting from the road on your way through the Americas this Fall / Winter? If so, I'll be looking forward to following along with you two! Do you have a plan outline yet? Have you chosen the bike for it?
    I want to ride the Americas with my wife so your approach for two-up is of particular interest to me.
  19. AdventurePoser

AdventurePoser Long timer

Oddometer:

Yes, I cannot wait to read the RR of your South America Sojourn! :D:D
  20. V@lentino

Oddometer:
    I have been debating (with myself) about doing a live RR, and I will do it. The ride will be long enough that if there isn't an update for a few days I will not feel too compelled to post.

Dave6253 started a really good thread on "The Art of the Ride Report", there are several posts with the pros and cons of doing during or after.

http://advrider.com/forums/showthread.php?t=596215

Since I managed to get a few inmates interested by a post-ride RR. I'll see if I can match it a live one.

The steed will be a 2008 GSA, Heavy bike of course... we know that story:puke1.

But to me the perfect touring platform that will allow you not to be limited to strictly tarmac. At least on road that the ST could not have taken us.

We rode to Baja to test the gear, and passed by Coco's corner by doing the stretch from Puertocito to Mex 1, and I will be the first to admit that with my level of experience on non-Tarmac, and the weight of the bike it was challenging but great fun.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]