Where to Meet ADV Riders - South Sound

Discussion in 'Pacific Northwet - Where it's green. And wet.' started by GSHighlander, Mar 18, 2007.

1. PNWRR

PNWRR A study in Mopishness

Oddometer:
    Where to Meet ADV Riders - South Sound

[​IMG]
  2. Gootch

Gootch Long timer Supporter

Oddometer:
    Wirewiz,
    We ride the second Saturday of the month all year around. The only thing that stops us is dangerous levels of snow or ice. You are welcome to join us any time.
    Yesterday we rode Mason County back roads and then up to Lake Cushman. I later split off to check out the Skokomish flooding. As of the afternoon, I'd seen it much worse. We had a wet but entertaining time.
  3. Wirewiz

Wirewiz Adventurer

Oddometer:
    Thanks Gootch!
    Reminders is set for 4/12 Saturday. 9:00 AM at Haggans... Or does the location change?
  4. Gootch

Oddometer:
    Location and starting times change based upon conditions and destination. I'll keep you apprised.
  5. Mrktm118

Mrktm118 Adventurer

Oddometer:
    That would be a great place to stop in at! Hopefully get a few people to meet on every other wednesday, just not the 2nd or 4th one of the month. Maybe do a short ride after a meet up? Great food there also!
  6. Wirewiz

Wirewiz Adventurer

Oddometer:
    Checking in Gootch, any thing set up for this Saturday yet.
  7. Gootch

Oddometer:
    It looks like the ride will be up to Port Townsend from Shelton via 101 and as many side roads as can be found (which in some areas is none). At this point, the meeting place is Urraco coffee shop (628 West Cota Street, Shelton, WA 98584). It will likely be at 10 - I'll let you if they move it earlier.

I'm riding an overnighter this weekend with a different group so I won't be there but the guys always welcome anybody who enjoys riding and doesn't try to crash the other riders.
  8. Gootch

Oddometer:
    Wirewiz and anyone else looking for a little pavement riding - the Oly group is meeting at Urraco at 9:30 to actually be able to depart Shelton at 10.

9. Wirewiz

Wirewiz Adventurer

Oddometer:
    Gootch,
    Just wanted say thanks for the invite to the Oly Riders group!
    Had a great time. Both and "Off-Road" I missed seeing which way to turn :doh towards the end of the day after a fuel stop and ended up with one of the other riders heading a different direction. Look forward to going again.
  10. havoc1

havoc1 Big Bikes, Little Brains

Oddometer:
    Nice, some local DS rides! "In" for whatever comes next (10MAY?), and anything vic JBLM that I can do on the 1200GS or even on the KLR250.

If you're on post, I'm the dude with the GS parked at the bicycle rack in front of the Corps HQ building.

Gotta get out more! I've been riding all year, but spring fever really has me now.
  11. Gootch

Oddometer:
    Glad to hear you had a good time. I should be along next month as my three days of blistering curves in the Maupin, Antelope, Mitchell, Condon area are over :cry (great weather and great time - destroyed my Thruxton's rear tire). Hope to see you at the next 2nd Saturday ride.
  12. Wirewiz

Wirewiz Adventurer

Oddometer:
    Should have said "both on and off road" And I'm looking forward to next month too Gootch!
    Havoc1 I'm sure I've seen your bike there.
    Been on and off base last few years on 6 different projects.
    Have a trailer (the small one) across from the Warriors in Transition building in the fenced in area. Government stopped the project so their paying us to "Be Ready" to Mobilize at a moments notice. 16 Months to date! :eek1
    Sorry got side tracked. :ddog

Off road ride in the Capital Forest on the 27th of April I think.
    Check the PNW Thread I'll be there.
  13. dammitdave

dammitdave Long timer Supporter

Oddometer:
    Perhaps I'm late to the party and this has already been posted, but the last time I drove past the Eldon store it was closed:cry, the pumps bagged and a vampi...I mean realtor sign was posted in the window. So, no gas in Eldon unless the folks in Hoodsport pick it up for the summer. Dave
  14. LoFlow

LoFlow Long timer Supporter

Oddometer:
    Thanks for the info Dave. Too bad, that was a good in between location.
  15. Gootch

Oddometer:
    The Oly group is having our monthly second Saturday ride this Saturday (the 10th). We're meeting at 9:30 at Yamaha Motorsports of Olympia (something or other Martin Way). It is their open house and the Yamaha truck will be there with bikes to ride. We are hoping to get a round or two on the FZ9 and maybe a Super Tenere before we hit the road. I don't know the ride plan yet but because of the messing around time before we leave it probably won't be too ambitiously long (but it will have curves).
  16. dammitdave

dammitdave Long timer Supporter

Oddometer:
    So, I went past the Eldon store last Sunday and it was open and the pumps were working. Yeahhhhh:clap (the vampire er..realtor sign was still there:cry) dd
  17. Gootch

Oddometer:
    The above is the time and place we are meeting. If the weather is okay, we will ride a couple demos and then probably ride to Dewatto. If the weather is lousy, we will ride towards wherever the satellite shows the least precipitation.
    Tod
  18. erg59

erg59 DoesThisKTMmakeMeLookFat?

Oddometer:
    Over the weekend I rode the Green Dot roads up off the Columbia River with my brother. Finally got to see the fabled Wild Sheep I have always heard about that roam that area, Very cool! [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]
  19. what broke now

what broke now Petroleum Brother Supporter

Oddometer:
    What a treat, I have never seen the sheep, only elk & deer.
    Did you go in via Vantage?
  20. erg59

erg59 DoesThisKTMmakeMeLookFat?

Oddometer:
    I trailer in to a staging area that is about 8ish miles up vantage hwy. out of vantage and head out from there.Its a great area to ride lots of people dont like it cause of all the rocks...