Desert 100 ADV Class

Discussion in 'Pacific Northwet - Where it's green. And wet.' started by SOP Dirt-Rider, Feb 8, 2014.

1. HalfFastMoto

HalfFastMoto bRad

Oddometer:
    Agree completely. The arbitrary displacement number is unfortunate as it eliminates a huge segment of the Adv community, Ex: the KLR & F650GS Dakar

Adv class should also require rider to have panniers on their bike :evil
  2. 4corners14

4corners14 Been here awhile Supporter

Oddometer:
    ....on the way to the starting line. I sent the video to a fellow that works with him.....just so they can maximize the potential of the video! :lol3 :rofl :lol3

3. IgnacioB

IgnacioB Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    It does not. The F650GS Dakar is....652cc. It's been noted repeatedly in this thread. And there was at least one F650GS based motorcycle that was planning to race and would have qualified...me on a Husqvarna TR650 with the venrable Rotax 652. And I don't remember seeing any F650GS model bikes on the Poker Run.

Agree on the KLR, but I'd disagree it's a "huge segment".

Hopefully, the organizers can find a better way to make the class work.
  4. WSobchak

WSobchak Long timer Supporter

Oddometer:
    I just hope my 690 makes the cut for the class next year... that d100 is a tough race but it sure gets under your skin!
  5. HalfFastMoto

HalfFastMoto bRad

Oddometer:
    I was referring to the Adventure travel a.k.a. "Ride the World" Community not the Adv rides dirt bikes community.

There were a lot of KLR's on the Poker run. Saw one that learned the hard way why one should run a bash plate.
  6. Off Road Ryder

Off Road Ryder Long timer

Oddometer:
    great that we are still talking about this after more than a week.:clap

Myself and Alex from Konflict raced the 4hr Night Owl team race this weekend, We had a blast and finished 2nd after many issues, 2 flat rears, one out of gas and 1 lap rode in first gear. Lots of fun!

get your big bikes out there and make it happen!

No Doubt the rules will be defined a bit for next years 100, news will be coming soon:deal
  7. WSobchak

WSobchak Long timer Supporter

Oddometer:
    When that news comes out I'd appreciate it if you'd post something up on this thread so I/we don't miss it.

Thanks!
  8. Sparrowhawk

Sparrowhawk Long timer Supporter

Oddometer:
  9. KTM450SX

KTM450SX Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    You guys are all bat shit crazy I love it!

My calendar is marked for next year. I would like to try it on my 950 Stupid Enduro.
  10. Camel ADV

Camel ADV Long timer Supporter

Oddometer:
    I didn't race in 2012, didn't know about it. I believe Darryl is the only one that's raced all three years.
  11. EmptiMind

EmptiMind Not so young, but still stupid

Oddometer:
    I'm astounded by the five hour finishers. That impress me. Can't imagine being out there that long. Well done to you crazy adventure folks. Allow the Wee to compete in the class and you'll see me attempt it next year... as long as I have enough saved up to repair all the damage I'm going to do.

Sent from my SPH-L720 using Xparent Skyblue Tapatalk 2
  12. mx813

mx813 Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    You guys are all crazy racing those bikes.

Once the dust has settled, I'll start revisiting the adv. classification guidelines.
  13. SOP Dirt-Rider

SOP Dirt-Rider Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    [​IMG]
    Working at adding riders to the class!! Buell Ulysses:deal
  14. KTM450SX

Oddometer:
    How many miles was one lap?
  15. Rikimoto

Rikimoto Adventure Time!

Oddometer:
    50 miles.

And with the exception of a couple road trips, this year's riding will be focussed on practicing for next year's race. Gotta work on keeping the pig composed!

I want my finisher's t-shirt! :p
  16. dionbilt

dionbilt energetic beginner

Oddometer:
    50 miles doesn't sound like it would be too bad. But its a bitch. Plus its early in the year and you don't have a whole lot of time to get into shape from the winter. Last year had way less dust. I think I wore myself out just anticipating hitting shit in the dust and powder so I was always stressing my arms. I noticed I was calmer this year over the weekend than last. Cant wait for next year.
  17. KTM450SX

Oddometer:
    I take it the ADV class only has to do 1 lap? Not sure what sort of mutant could do 2 anyway.

Oh i watched the videos, it looked like a bitch. wrestling 400-500+ pounds around. I want to do it though hahaha.

That one video of ktm adventure here.. where he is burried to the axles and digging it out like its a freaking snowmobile LOL.
  18. Rikimoto

Rikimoto Adventure Time!

Oddometer:
    Glad you enjoyed it. I can't say I was thrilled about digging at the time, but looking back on it is hilarious :rofl
  19. LC Garage

LC Garage On Any Sunday Super Supporter

Oddometer:
    Speaking of mutants, my buddy Luke is the crazy sob who rode the cb650 Honda 4 cyl and did 2 laps. I asked him why he didn't enter the ADV class, he said he wanted to go the full 100 miles. Just under 7 hours, yep, he's a mutant.

:lol3
  20. Sparrowhawk

Sparrowhawk Long timer Supporter

Oddometer:
    I think it's a 500 so not qualified for the adventure class. No arguments about mutant status though, for both Luke and his ride. Just having the opportunity to listen to that sweet engine roar out in the desert is worth the trip to Odessa.