DR350 Thread

Discussion in 'Thumpers' started by leonphelps, May 16, 2007.

1. Country Doc

Country Doc Wanderer

Oddometer:
    If anyone has a DR near Jackson, WY, and can spare it for a bit, Berg Briggs is willing to work up a set of his racks to fit the Wolfman Expedition Dry panniers.

I think this would be the perfect setup for a lightweight DR350 adventure bike - all the pros of Dirtbagz, but fully waterproof. There isn't anything else like this available for the DR350, so if you're near Jackson, shoot Berg a line and there's likely more than a few of us that will buy that luggage setup.

dc
  2. firebrick

firebrick Long timer

Oddometer:
    i have a 99 dr350 now, just thought yall should know, :D, my first dual sport
  3. cman

cman cman

Oddometer:
    I bought a 98 this summer and love it. Fun, reliable bike to ride.:clap
  4. kobukan

kobukan almost gnarly

Oddometer:
    Sounds like the perfect setup. Wish I was near Jackson and hadn't just bought a Denali.

There's gotta be somebody near Jackson?
  5. rubberband

rubberband Will ride for tacos

Oddometer:
    anyone have a cheaper alternative for rear fenders? Maier, etc seems darn expensive...$50 bucks. I'd gladly pay that for a pair of fenders.....but just the rear....damn!
  6. Country Doc

Country Doc Wanderer

Oddometer:

I hope so!! It would be perfect indeed.

dc
  7. austin vince

austin vince austin

Oddometer:
    Dear DR350 colleagues,<?xml:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:eek:ffice:eek:ffice" /><o:p></o:p>
    <o:p></o:p>
    I hope you are rockin' in that ol' US and A. This may seem rather out of the blue but...<o:p></o:p>
    I have a not slightly unusual proposal for you:<o:p></o:p>
    I hope you may know me as the guy behind the Mondo Enduro and Terra Circa bike expeds. Unusually, I will be in the USA in March (I live in London) and am looking for openings to do my presntation about motorcycling across Russia/collapse of the Soviet Union. I also have one on my recent 'SAlt and Gold' expedition to the remotest corner of the Sahara!<o:p></o:p>
    I hate to say it but they're very funny and have something of a cult reputation over here.<o:p></o:p>
    Can you think of any organisiation or individual that would book me to do this, they're about 2hrs long (obviously with 271 pix) and is well received? Naturally, I can go pretty much anywhere such is your peerless network of internal flights!<o:p></o:p>
    Any contact you could give me would be much appreciated. All the best<o:p></o:p>
    Austin
    I am www.mondoenduro.com<o:p></o:p>
    <o:p> </o:p>
  8. BikePilot

BikePilot Long timer

Oddometer:
    I don't really know, but you might check in with the American Motorcyclist Association (AMA - our version of the FIM more or less).
  9. wonky

wonky TETETETETETETETET

Oddometer:
    Alert! Alert! Alert! :rofl:rofl:rofl:rofl:rofl:rofl

Be prepared to do a lot of the above at Austin's shows, theyre awesome...

Austin, i cant believe you finally landed on ADVrider and by some bizarre coincidence i clocked you foru minutes after your first post. I was investigating why we had more hits than ever yesterday on dave's fabled Motion Pro Trail Tool demo vid (click!), did a search and the post at the top of the page had your name on it. (ps. i havent forgotten Singletrackworld)

chris

PS. heres the Trailer from the Salt and Gold trip Austin speaketh of....

<object width="640" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/P3_1sB8HyNM?fs=1&amp;hl=en_GB"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/P3_1sB8HyNM?fs=1&amp;hl=en_GB" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="640" height="385"></embed></object>
  10. Country Doc

Country Doc Wanderer

Oddometer:
    Austin, I'm sure lots of folks would want to show up for one of your talks. Where are you roughly planning to be? I'm sure there are some promoters/organizations/bike shops/riding groups/etc that would want to organize an event like this.

Check with overland journal as well as the other bike magazines - Cycle World, Motorcyclist, Rider, Road Runner - I know you published in Overland Journal recently, and they (or some of the other mags) may want to put on an event someplace?

dc
  11. muddyrabbit

muddyrabbit Lost Boy

Oddometer:
    Anybody know of any reason forks from a 95 dr350s would not work on a 99 dr350sex?
  12. DisTech

DisTech Been here awhile Supporter

Oddometer:
    I don't know anything about booking, but here are a few venues in my area that have hosted events like this in the past:

Touratech-USA & Cycoactive
    4021 Airport Way South
    Seattle, WA 98108 USA
    Phone: 1-800-491-2926 (Toll Free)
    Phone: (206) 323-2349 (Local)
    E-mail: sales@touratech-usa.com

Ride West BMW Motorcycles
    8100 Lake City Way NE Seattle WA 98115
    Phone: 206.527.5511 Fax: 206.522.5369
    Toll Free Phone: 888-527-RIDE (7433)
    ridewest@ridewest.com

AltRider
    4000 Aurora Ave N, Suite 100
    Seattle, WA 98103-7853
    206-922-3618
    info@altrider.com
    (don't know if AltRider has space to hosts but they are active around the NW)

Engel's Pub.
    113 5th Avenue S., Edmonds, WA 98020
    (425) 778-2900
    (this is where the Thursday night meet for North Sound advriders is and here is the thread,
    Where to Meet ADV Riders - North Sound)

Hope you make it to this area. :thumb
  13. BikePilot

BikePilot Long timer

Oddometer:
    The battery on my '94 DR250SE died (internal fault, no juice at all). Is there a favored battery for these bikes (it takes the same battery as all e-start DR350s) ?

Front axle size, front wheel and front brake (rotor and caliper mount I think) are all different. The entire front end from the '95 will bolt to the '99, but would be a downgrade as the '99 has better, cartridge forks.
  14. cman

cman cman

Oddometer:
    I have always put a ybusa ( sic) battery back in my bikes. Not really sure if they are any better? They do seem to outlast the generic cheap ones though.
  15. cman

cman cman

Oddometer:
    Can anyone direct me to where to find a shop manual for my 1998 DR 350se? I seem to be able to only find 1990-1994 manuals. Thanks, Cman.
  16. Greg Bender

Greg Bender Long timer

Oddometer:
  17. cman

cman cman

Oddometer:
    WOW.Thanks for not only the link but the fast reply.:clapChristmas comes early for me. Thanks again, Cman.
  18. Dilliw

Dilliw Adventurer

Oddometer:

Hi Greg,

You don't know me but you've been helping me for years with 03 EVT. Funny, I just picked up a 90 DR350s, came here for some info, and there you are again! I signed up and used my first post to say thanks for your site and all of the manuals; I've been using it for years.

Here's my new play thing after a hard day of work. It has the Yamaha petcock and pegs that you list on your site! Thanks again for all the help and if you are ever over on the East side I've got a beer for you (and I know where some cool tractors are too)...

George

[​IMG]
  19. BikePilot

BikePilot Long timer

Oddometer:
    The wife just picked up a yuasa from the local dealer so the 250 should be back in business shortly :clap
  20. shearboy2004

shearboy2004 KIWIINUSA Supporter

Oddometer: