SENA BLUETOOTH - Inmate's Special GROUP BUY!

Discussion in 'Vendors' started by RocketMoto, Apr 25, 2010.

1. zeeede

zeeede Long timer

Oddometer:
    My girlfriend and I have no problem, but when we did a ride with my buddy and his wife, who also had SMH10's, we did a 4-way intercom, and holy cannoli, his wife...:becca
  2. argentcorvid

argentcorvid Some Guy

Oddometer:
    I've had mine last for days at a charge, listening to music the whole time. probably 18 hours worth. the thing with the Li-Ion batteries is that when they start falling off, they are pretty much dead, so don't expect much after hearing "low battery".
  3. kbroderick

kbroderick Long timer

Oddometer:
    Any chance Sena might support the iOS Eyes-Free mode announced by Apple?
  4. Cheesy_One

Cheesy_One n00b

Oddometer:
    Hey JR.... Here is the difference in batteries. Although, probably not a huge factor, as both are sufficient, but would make a difference on those longer road trips I'm sure.....

Talk Time(hours)> SMH5 = 10, SMH10 = 12
    Standby(days) > SMH5 = 7, SMH10 =10

On a side note..... Tried to place order today, but just missed closing. Will be ordering a Duel Set of SMH10 tomorrow. Any idea how long any back orders will be delayed? Or have you got new stock in?
  5. RocketMoto

RocketMoto 2 Many Motersikles

Oddometer:
    Too early to know. I would hope so.
  6. RocketMoto

Oddometer:
    We expect to be caught up by this time next week. We are having some shipped in by air, due here on Friday - to fill orders already in house. More due in next Tuesday.
  7. JRWooden

JRWooden never attribute to malice...

Oddometer:
    Thanks!
    If I bust my SMH10 I think I will replace it with the SMH5, I have not seen it in person yet, but the design seems a bit more robust from what I can tell ......... On long days I always stop for at least one meal and can do a bit of "opportunity" charging!
  8. Cheesy_One

Cheesy_One n00b

Oddometer:
    Placed my order today..... It was a pleasure to deal with your customer service! Very polite! Look forward to writing a nice review :beer

Hope to hear from you soon!

Regards, Cheesy!
  9. RocketMoto

Oddometer:
    Thanks for the biz, Cheesy!

[​IMG]
  10. iWander

iWander Adventure Geek

Oddometer:
    Just got my dual set of SMH10s set up for a weekend trip. On the test ride it kept saying "intercom fail, try again later", but once I turned off VOX Intercom the problem went away. For those of you who aren't familiar with these, there's a feature that allows you to initiate an intercom session by yelling at the mic. If you have a noisy helmet or you ride at high speeds with the shield open, it'll try to fire up the intercom every time the sound threshold is reached. If you disable that feature all you have to do it tap the jog wheel to start yakking.

I'm one of those people who researches the heck out of things, and once I decide on a product my expectations are understandably high. I was very impressed with the quality of these units and how clear the voice audio is. Music quality is fine too, but if you're used to wearing expensive headphones/earphones don't expect deep punchy bass and crystal clear highs. I didn't, and I wasn't disappointed at all. The only disappointment I had was realizing that I've been riding for nearly 40 years and I didn't buy these sooner.

Thanks Adam, your customer service is outstanding and you've been a pleasure to work with! :clap
  11. RocketMoto

Oddometer:
    Thank YOU!

A helmet isn't really a concert hall environment. Earbuds will make a big difference in sound reproduction and ambient noise isolation, if you want to go that route.

The VOX? Fugeddabouddit. Autocom VOX works as one would expect. Sena and the rest of the Bluetooth headsets that we've sampled, no so much. Stick with the 'tap the jog dial' to intercom with your pillion or riding pals, and you'll be a lot happier.

Say - we'd appreciate if you'd post your purchase experience at http://rocketmoto.com/reivew for the world to see.

Thanks!
  12. M2

M2 where 2 ride today?

Oddometer:
    About to shoot off a PM to order but after reading the last 10 pages or so of the post I believe I read the rider and passsenger cannot both listen to bluetooth music from a zumo 550. Please excuse my laziness in not wanting to read 100's of post as time is a factor in making the decision.
  13. RocketMoto

Oddometer:
    You are correct. First, the Zumo 550 does not do stereo music, so it'll sound like a $2 1950's AM transistor radio.

Regardless, the Sena headsets cannot share a music source - today. In a few weeks (we hope) we'll have the SM10 dual stream Bluetooth adapter that'll let two headsets pair to the same stereo audio source.

Hope that helps.
  14. RocketMoto

Oddometer:
    Folks - FINALLY!!! we have the new SC-A0116 cable for the SR10's in stock. This cable has bare leads at one end so you can fabricate your own cable to Ham or other 2-way radios that Sena does not offer a ready-made cable for.

Click the Linky for info.
  15. RocketMoto

Oddometer:
    Inmates:

We received this communication from Sena last night:

"To all Valued Partners:

The availability of the SPH10H and SM10 have been delayed until further notice. Sena engineering is still working out the kinks and do not have any delivery date set at this time. We apologize for any inconvenience this may cause you and your customers. As soon as we receive a firm ship date from the factory, we will notify you immediately. Again, sorry for all the inconvenience.
    "

We realize that this is disappointing to many of you - especially the delay of the SM10 dual stream BT adapter. We have a substantial pre-order in for both of these products and if you contact us, we'll add you to our pre-order list to keep you updated as to availability.
  16. Turbo Ghost

Turbo Ghost Been here awhile Supporter

Oddometer:
    Ya know what!? That's the kind of post that pleases me! It's nice to know Sena has the common sense to NOT release a product UNTIL they get the bugs worked out! I know of a particular product that is getting ready to be released that is not ready but, they are going to release it anyway because they've hyped it so much! (Sorry I can't say what it is due to confidentiality agreements)
    The main thing is to keep your customers in the loop with what's going on and tell them the truth! I would rather wait for a quality product than get an irritating device now! Kudos to Sena!
  17. RocketMoto

Oddometer:
    I'm with you. While the delay is an inconvenience, it's an even bigger nuisance to deal with a faulty product that is not ready for prime time. I was an applications engineer for 'The World's Largest Chip Maker' and I can't tell you how many times products were released too early, that should never have been. We called it 'time to market'; regardless of whether it was a POS, it was gonna ship. :puke1

It's easier, and far less costly, to fix issues up front, rather than when the product is all over the planet.
  18. Drif10

Drif10 Accredited Jackass

Oddometer:
    4.1 is released, I see.

Release notes:

CHANGES
    =======
    - Configuration to enable high quality A2DP and handsfree microphone boosting
    - Minor bug fixes and performance improvements in audio management and intercom function

Which tells me nothing. :D

Guess it'll wait until I get home from this trip to try it out. Loath to mess with our setup on the road.

On a good note: Stopped by the RM World Headquarters today for some excellent tech support from their crack team of professionals. Thanks guys, much appreciated. :thumb
  19. martinh

martinh Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Adam,
    Is Sena going to be offering any upgrade incentive on the SM10 when they release it for those who bought the SMH10 within a year? I would be really interested in the SM10 because I like the idea that it now has Dual Stream Bluetooth Stereo Transmitter so the passenger can listen to the same music.
  20. JRWooden

JRWooden never attribute to malice...

Oddometer:
    Thanks for the heads-up on that...
    "High Quality" apparently means slightly better sound quality if this is what they are actually talking about:
    http://soundexpert.org/news/-/blogs/bluetooth-audio-quality-a2dp
    I listen to podcasts sometimes and ... higher quality would be a pluss!