rear ended...

Discussion in 'Face Plant' started by miguelitro, Jan 17, 2013.

1. miguelitro

miguelitro I like the ads, in fact, give me more ads.

Oddometer:
    by a friggen chevy spark:rofl I think the little shit box had more money in damage then my bike!
    I was stopped at a stop light and then was laying on the ground before i heard the impact. No injuries except a bit of bruising from where i hit my top box(up yours Dakez:deal) with my back as it flew with the bike out from under me.
    a few broken spokes and a broken tab on the rear rack.
    Glad I was wearing most of the gear as always, and a good helmet, not some crappy local job:D
    Bike should be back up and running in a few days thanks to my friend Steve who is soon to be the authorized mechanic for the Tundra and Traxx chinese motos here in Salinas.
    Of course the a hole who hit me was a lawyer and tried to negotiate down the amount I told him, good thing I started high:D
    Mike
  2. noshoes

noshoes soñando con México

Oddometer:
    Glad you're OK....
  3. miguelitro

Oddometer:
    thanks, me too:rofl
    I've done way worse to myself while racing back in So. CA and way worse racing in Baja. also valium and xanax are over the counter here, and rum is cheap:evil
    Mike
  4. 390beretta

390beretta Long timer

Oddometer:
    Man, I am also glad you're OK.....but beyond that:

I ride in Phoenix AZ, no worse place, IMO to ride surface streets! When I pull up to a light, I "always" point my bike to an escape route (between the cars stopped in front of me) the largest opening available. I'm always "in first gear", never in neutral and watching my mirrors until at least two vehicles have stopped behind me. Should I see someone not slowing/stopping in a timely manner, I can "squirt" in between lanes and hopefully avoid being a metal sandwich. Call me paranoid if you want; but so far it's worked.

With all the "distracted" drivers we need to deal with.....I can't think of a better strategy. Again, best wishes and glad you weren't hurt.
  5. miguelitro

Oddometer:
    Being from Pacific Beach, San Diego i am well aware that there is no worse driver in the world than someone from Phoenix:rofl !!!
    I was to the right side of the right lane, minus the turn lane, and this hijo de puta would have hit whatever was there. I guess luckily it was a lawyer as the average joe here would not have a cent to give me for bike repairs. i am pretty sure i landed on his hood and broke his windshield and then softly hit the ground. As my kiwi mate Steve said "that's a part of being a bloody biker no matter where in the world."
    Seriously though I am fine and the bike will be fixed. No hay prolemas:clap
    Mike
  6. 390beretta

390beretta Long timer

Oddometer:
    Que bueno amigo! Ten cuidado, siempre, y buena suerte. Yo hablo espanol tambien.:D
  7. manfromthestix

manfromthestix Lost in Space Supporter

Oddometer:
    +1 on this, the first trick I learned when transitioning from dirt riding/racing was to watch the mirrors! If bikes are largely invisible to cagers from the front with lights blazing, etc. they are completely invisible from the deaf-dumb-blind A-holes from behind, regardless how many cool stickers you have on the side and top cases. I've had to step out of the way a few times; some close calls, but no hits from behind yet.

Glad you're OK, you got off pretty easily, sounds like.

Doug
  8. henrymartin

henrymartin Mr. Tourguide no more.

Oddometer:
    Mike,

Didn't I tell you to keep the shiny side up? :deal

Glad to hear you are okay - it could have been much worse.

Ten cuidado y que todo saldra bien con la moto.