Bicycle thread

Discussion in 'Sports' started by Zodiac, Jul 10, 2006.

1. slackmeyer

slackmeyer Don't mean sheeit. .

Oddometer:
    Should be a great ride, and a nice season for it. Are you staying in B+Bs along the way? I always find myself riding (motos) up that way, I gravitate towards 128 and comtche-ukiah road.
  2. Andrew

Andrew Optimus Primer

Oddometer:
    Crashing on floors of family and friends first few nights (Napa, Healdsburg, Boonville) then at motels/B+B along the coast. No camping gear to weigh us down! Riding with a friend from college, we used to take long day rides to clear our heads after engineering exams :lol3

Thanks for the tip, that's a great tool. Here's my better route: http://ridewithgps.com/routes/2183399
  3. slackmeyer

slackmeyer Don't mean sheeit. .

Oddometer:
    Nice route. You are going to soooooo deserve a stop at tomales bakery and bovine bakery.
  4. pierce

pierce Ex Tourer

Oddometer:
    oof, I broke a brake cable coming down the last steep bumpy stretch of the marshall wall. a front brake cable. was running silk tubulars, this was back in 73 or 74.

that was one of the scariest moments of my life. I never neglected by brakes again :O
  5. Gummee!

Gummee! That's MR. Toothless

Oddometer:
    Strada Bianche is this Sat.

Think 'hilly Paris-Roubaix in the sun of Tuscany' and you've got the idea

:ricky

M
  6. Gummee!

Oddometer:
    I think this image is one of the big reasons I :snore when NAHBS is covered incessantly on the cycling websites.

[​IMG]
    VeloNews NAHBS 2013 Awards

Best Beard: Kevin Batchelor, Mosaic Cycles. This is without a doubt the most hotly contested category at NAHBS. There are, in fact, more beards than bikes here, and the show's acronym secretly stands for North American Humongous Beard Show. So it is with great pride that we present Mr. Batchelor with the coveted Beardie, awarded for his most fiery beard. Honorable mentions also go to Josh Culbertson of Avery County Cycles and almost every other male at the show. Photo: Matthew Beaudin | VeloNews.com

Not my cuppa, but if it floats YOUR boat...

M
  7. Chisenhallw

Chisenhallw Avowed Pussbag

Oddometer:
  8. ducnut

ducnut Long timer

Oddometer:
    Though, I'm not familiar with "Yelp!", this guy uses it for everything. Based on his RR, it must work pretty good, especially along the coast.

I think Shimano should get an award for the ugliest crankset EVER!
  9. zouch

zouch part-time wanderer

Oddometer:
    stupid, isn't it??
    i mean, there really isn't that much new or different going on there, but seriously? has being one of the hipsters become so important now that even VeloNews has nothing better to report on?

no joke!
    especially considering how beautifully Bishop executed this head tube arrangement, it's a pity Shimano didn't have something more worthy.
    (Bishop; very nice guy, BTW, and one of the few builders doing anything i find really interesting these days,...)

[​IMG]
  10. Aurelius

Aurelius Long timer

Oddometer:
    <iframe width="640" height="360" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/37WUuOc_zRQ?feature=player_detailpage" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>
  11. Gummee!

Oddometer:
  12. ducnut

ducnut Long timer

Oddometer:
    He should've used something like a Grand Cru crankset and, then, stripped and polished the rest of groupset to match. Better yet, there's enough vintage, Campy drillium stuff around to build the rest of the bike around that beautiful frameset.
  13. Gummee!

Oddometer:
  14. Nihon Newbie

Nihon Newbie Weirdo

Oddometer:
    I have come close to being T-Boned by those skittish bastards 3 separate times in my life. Scares the hell out of me every time! Every time I see them now, I think of this video. I don't feel as strongly as Louis does though, lol...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ln1ucGoPvWk

That's just sad...I was warned about the Gulf, and the South when I was on my Tour...Turns out to be a nationwide issue, despite that law. Glad he survived.
  15. k7

k7 “Retired x OCD”

Oddometer:
    Highway deaths are up also according to the news. For the under 20-set, it's up something like 18-19% up.

Care to guess the root cause? I'm guessing it's cellphones and texting.
  16. Chisenhallw

Oddometer:
    I counted about half-a-dozen or more incidents of people cycling up the street I live on while talking on their mobiles. Stupidest thing I've ever seen.
  17. Gummee!

Oddometer:
    :augie

'Course, I live in the boonies (as WC can attest) so me riding down the road on my phone (txting in the last case) is less of a problem than someone in the 'hood.

M
  18. Chisenhallw

Oddometer:
  19. Gummee!

Oddometer:
    :nomystery

M
  20. YakSpout

YakSpout Obstacle Allusion

Oddometer: