the DR200 thread

Discussion in 'Thumpers' started by klxrdr, May 13, 2007.

1. Conman

Conman Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Thanks from the info. Interesting info on the rear shock but have not noticed as the front end limits me right now. The BBR fork springs, just verifying you are using the CRF150 springs? They are longer than the DR200 OEM? Did you do anything to match the ride height? Where did you get the shorter preload spacers? I'm looking to keep the same ride height I have now.

Thanks,
    Con

2. Caleb G

Caleb G n00b

Oddometer:
    That's correct - the CRF150F BBR fork springs. They are longer than the DR200's stock springs by a good bit (BBR springs 23.125" length, stock springs 22.5" length). Stock preload spacers are 1-7/8" length, 1" circumference - I matched the stock ride height by using some PVC cut down to .625" in length.
  3. poppawheelie

poppawheelie Long timer

Oddometer:
    I did the same thing for the same reason.
  4. blaster11

blaster11 Still having fun!

Oddometer:
    I recently had a discussion with Cogent Dynamics who was doing the forks on my DRZ about upgrading my wife's DR200 forks and they said they could get custom springs in any range I wanted for about $140.00. So when the time comes I will be working with them to improve her forks.
  5. discoganya

discoganya Engineer, Rider, Dad Supporter

Oddometer:
    Any ideas on where I can get a complete DR200 engine? Local friend blew his engine up and is looking for help rebuilding / replacing it.
  6. road_warrior64

road_warrior64 n00b

Oddometer:
    I wanted to test the waters before I spent a ton of money on a windshield. A guy on Youtube did this to his DR200SE so I decided to spend the $7.52 for a 3M Tekk Replacement Faceshield and $3 for the Scotch Adhevisve Strips. Like the video recommends, I used a Dremmel to make a small indention for the brake line. It sits on the turn signals and behind the speedometer perfectly. So far, it has been a complete success. The wind is diverted from my chest and you can duck behind it if your helmet visor is too dark at night (like mine).

And now, the pics!

http://s1326.beta.photobucket.com/us...88933063967148

http://s1326.beta.photobucket.com/us...87658351297142

http://s1326.beta.photobucket.com/us...87658351297142
  7. brailman133

brailman133 Adventurer

Oddometer:
    Love these dr200's!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  8. Klay

Klay dreaming adventurer

Oddometer:
    :thumb

Tell us a story.
  9. Pauls2ndblessing

Pauls2ndblessing Adventurer

Oddometer:
    Agreed! I love ours, bought a drZ400s and to be honest I still ride and miss my (now fiance's) dr200se! They're great all around bikes!
  10. thesurvivalist

thesurvivalist Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    What tires are they?

11. brailman133

brailman133 Adventurer

Oddometer:
    Well bought a 2003 dr200se
    With 216 miles on clock. Bike runs ok up to about 35mph. Then falls on its face like it hit a wall or something. Any ideas? Here is what I'm thinking.....

1. Change petcock to old school manual.
    2. Block all vac lines on carb.
    3. Spin carb and remove jets and inspect.

On the petcock, gas should be a stream when on prime correct? And res and on only should work when engine is running, cause of vacuum? Mine do nothing when engine is off. And prime is a broken dribble.

Also I'm
    Guessing bike bogs and looses it self past 30-35 cause gas is not being supplied to carb bowl... Or could it be the jet (s) are cloged?

And what jet supplies fuel at speed main jet right? Pilot jet is for starting bike?
    Trying to get bike to keep up with traffic at 45mph...

12. Klay

Klay dreaming adventurer

Oddometer:
    Gas should run continuously with the petcock set to 'prime'. Sounds like it's clogged. DR200s that have been left to sit for a long period usually have clogged jets, too.
  13. brailman133

brailman133 Adventurer

Oddometer:
    Thanks for quick response Klay. That will be my first step. An I guess I may as well do jets while tearing her apart

14. MiteyF

MiteyF Long timer

Oddometer:
    Can anybody help me?

My girlfriend rides a DR200 (awesome bike) but I need to do a frame swap. Long story.

Anyways, I need to know what SIZE steering stem bearings the an '05 DR200 uses. There are plenty of them available, but that's not what I'm after. I just need the SIZE

Can anybody give me the measurements? Planning a very silly project using 100% leftover parts for a mish-mash motorcycle :evil
  15. brailman133

brailman133 Adventurer

Oddometer:
    One more thing I bought the raptor petcock any pics of how you all capped you vacuum lines?

16. brailman133

brailman133 Adventurer

Oddometer:
    [​IMG]
    An also remove this smog box,

17. thesurvivalist

Oddometer:
    The rubber grip on the throttle assembely is ripped on my dr200. If I was to replace the full handle bars, grips etc what parts would I need exactly.
  18. MiteyF

MiteyF Long timer

Oddometer:

Wait... you have a ripped grip, and instead of buying a $7 set of grips, you're going to drop $100+ on new bars and controls? :huh
  19. thesurvivalist

Oddometer:
    Its a good excuse to upgrade as ive been wantibg to replace the handlebar setup for a while and get some barkbusters.

As for the stock grips, is it just a grip or the whole throttle assembley. What parts do I need to remove to replace thr busted part.
  20. MiteyF

MiteyF Long timer

Oddometer:
    Take a razor blade, and slice the old grip in half. In less than 5 seconds (no, really, 5 seconds) you can have the old grip off.