My review of Ural Motorcycles (2012)

Discussion in 'Hacks' started by bokad, May 28, 2012.

1. 100mpg

100mpg Self Imposed Exile

Oddometer:
    what he said.
  2. The Rat

The Rat trust me!

Oddometer:
    Wow, didn't see my opinion as "universal facts". I guess some people can't read ...now the physics of a sidecar being unstable....well, those are laws (I didn't make those up, I just follow them) you guys win, Urals are great, sidecars can out perform any conveyance known to man...ever.... all y'all are superhuman hack pilots and have MASSIVE imaginary internet dicks!

So..... Anyone wanna buy my POS Ural?
  3. firebrick

firebrick Long timer

Oddometer:
    How much?
  4. windmill

windmill Long timer

Oddometer:
    Wow Cowboy, musta been thrown one time too many at the rodeo...........you just don't get it..........its not what your saying, its how your saying it.

And you're the one swinging "Mr.happy" all over the place. the rest of us are just laughing. :lol3

In the immortal words of R, Lee Ermey

"lighten up, Francis"
  5. Schatzman

Schatzman I Saved Latin

Oddometer:
    I don't know if I should laugh or cry.

You seem very defensive and rage filled. I don't think one person has disputed your issue with your Ural. That being said, you are making statements that aren't true. Is a Ural better at 75 MPH into a right hand turn then most two wheeled bikes? Fuck no. That being said, please explain how a two wheeled bike is more stable then a Ural going in a straight line or parked standing still?

Also, you keep going to this Internet dick swinging thing? Where has anyone claimed to be superhuman or the greatest hack driver?

I will say there are a select few on this forum who have done a fuck load more then you or I have ever done on hacks. These same people frequently push Urals to their limits, break them, repair them, and improve the items that break when going through hell. They have been met at Ural gatherings, are active in the community, and frequently contribute on here. You are a sub 100 post n00b who has no reputation or credibility on here. Your first appearance on here is just bitching. I will trust the established members over you any day of the week.

That being said, I will give you 5k for your Russian POS.
  6. Mr. Cob

Mr. Cob Howling "Mad", Adventurer

Oddometer:
    :lol3 :rofl :poser if you can refrain from:csm that "MASSIVE" dick of yours long enough to go over to the Flea Market Forum, I am sure you could sell the RPOS in short order, Urals seem to sell quite quickly when ever and where ever they are advertised. Price it right and someone will take it off your hands and free you up with a few bucks in your pocket to pursue some other endeavor more suited to your knowledgeable ways. :deal
  7. Agent Wayward

Agent Wayward 2 wheels good, 3 wheels better!

Oddometer:
    No, my sidecar outfit does not out accelerate, out brake or outdoes everything that a solo bike would do. I haven't suggested that it does.

What I did suggest was very obviously in jest, that a solo is unstable and will fall over at standstill.

You are such a poor troll that you just had to jump on that and take as a serious statement. Bless you.

The point of outfits is not that they are necccessarily better or worse than a solo, they are simply different. They have their own charm and they certainly have practical advantages over a solo. I should know, I make them for a living. People buy them. Lots of people.

As for your original speed argument, it's just laughable. But then, you know that.

Time to stop feeding the troll I guess. Thanks for the laughs boy.
  8. firebrick

firebrick Long timer

Oddometer:
    I bid $7500.
  9. Schatzman

Schatzman I Saved Latin

Oddometer:
    I bid 7500.01
  10. firebrick

firebrick Long timer

Oddometer:
    Damn!
  11. Mr. Cob

Oddometer:
    You guys are bidding to much money, if its such a piece of shite, it should sell cheap, I'll submit an honest bid, 500 bucks, owner pays shipping to my location. I mean if its as dangerous as the guy says it is it can't be worth more then $500.00 :deal
  12. JustKip

JustKip Long timer

Oddometer:
    Come on, Dave! It's worth more than that as a lawn ornament!
    We're talking about a '12 Patrol, which is getting a new engine under warranty. I'll bid $10k plus shipping.
  13. Mr. Cob

Oddometer:
    You guys have WAY more money then I have, and you must have a death wish to bid so much for such a dangerous machine. Still it just goes to show some folks like these darn things enough to bid on them sight unseen, let the auction proceed. I have a bid of 10K, do I hear 10.5...............:1drink
  14. Boanerges1

Boanerges1 Adventurer

Oddometer:
    I mean, if they just want to get rid of it...and I hate to offer this...but I would take it off their hands, and not charge them a dime.

I know that it's dangerous, but I teach middle school...nothing scares me.:muutt
  15. Paint shaker

Paint shaker Been here awhile

Oddometer:

$3,000 cash if I can ride it away. $2,000 if I have to put it on a trailer.

Yes this is a serious offer on your "POS"
  16. Wallybob

Wallybob History Geek

Oddometer:
  17. The Rat

The Rat trust me!

Oddometer:
    ...and call me stinky!
    NOW, I'm REALLY pissed off! If everyone thinks my Ural is unsafe, it must be normal for Urals to go over 65? Wow, mine is REALLY a POS!

I don't like to brag, but.....my Patrol is almost 99.999% safe. Except for falling off the lift in the dealer's shop, I can't see it getting into an accident. But then again, it's hardly unique in that respect.

Because of this safety guarantee... The asking price remains, $16,500 (Daddy needs a new pair of shoes):deal
  18. JustKip

JustKip Long timer

Oddometer:
    Only down hill :rofl
  19. MartyL

MartyL Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    I dont think that any of us are forced to ride what we ride. Having said that if a bike is not for you, move on and get something that suits your needs.
  20. RidingDonkeys

RidingDonkeys Purveyor of Awesome

Oddometer:
    Yup. I've gotten rid of a few bikes, kept lots of bikes, but I can't say I ever felt like I had a crappy bike. I've had plenty that weren't for me, but never a piece of shit.