Best Maxi-Scooter for Longer Legs?

Discussion in 'Battle Scooters' started by Superstar, Feb 9, 2012.

1. soboy

soboy Long timer

Oddometer:
    I own a T-max and have ridden almost all of the maxi-scoots, including the Scarabeo 500. For me, there is no comparison - the Tmax is a much more sophisticated machine, better design and execution, much better suspension and handling and more refined than the Beo. The T-max feels like an F-16 fighter jet compared to the Beo feeling like a single engine prop Cessna. And don't get me wrong, I enjoyed my ride on the Beo, it is quick to 60 mph and other motorists have a hard time believing that something that looks like a traditional scooter blows them away at traffic lights. That was the most fun part of my ride on the Beo. It did not feel nearly as good in the twisties as the Tmax, which corners like a good sportbike, and the Beo had an overall "cruder" feel to its operations. I did like the Beo's seating position, but I also find the seating position on the Tmax very comfortable.
  2. DudeClone

DudeClone Long timer

Oddometer:
    ^ yeah they found that in the comparo on motorcycle.com when pitted against other maxi scoots. certainly nothing wrong with the quality of the bike, though

i too see the Beo as a more straight up city bike. a city with lots of hills and freeways like L.A. and its surrounding areas would be nice for it. but for distance riding or "fun" better choices do exist. its like a glorified commuter scoot. i say glorified because of the 500cc motor

i am pretty sure the previous gen Beo 500 was more liked by its owners, perhaps. especially for distance and touring

[​IMG]
  3. Bugtussle

Bugtussle Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Yea I read the article, They really hammered the Beo in that, I felt it was unfair and bias.. Maybe have a look and test ride on that Beo, let us know what your impressions are and if it works for long legs.
  4. Superstar

Superstar Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Found a 100 mile 09 about 80 miles from me. The price is a bit high, but it has the 4 year YES warranty.

Anyone know the value of YES?
  5. Twisted Martini

Twisted Martini Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    I think it is around $400 or so.
  6. Superstar

Oddometer:
    6500 for an 09 with 100 miles, YES warranty, battery tender, and 2 dealer installed 12v ports...

Opinions?
  7. =retread=

=retread= freedom loving USA

Oddometer:
    i'd offer 5,500 and see what he says.
  8. Superstar

Oddometer:
    Turned down 5900 flat. Initial ask was 6800, said he would need to stop at 6500.

He owes 7k'ish...
  9. =retread=

Oddometer:
    just to get an idea, type in actionps, click on showroom, than current inventory, page 6. to far away but a good price for new 11 with abs. :D
  10. Superstar

Oddometer:
    My legs are too long...my knees hit on both the 650 and 400 Burgmans. :(
  11. =retread=

Oddometer:
    had to look back at op, wow 35in inseam! stick to sitting on any brands biggest scoot till you find one that fits. good luck!
  12. Superstar

Oddometer:
    Tmax and Scarabeo fit.

Don't like the Euro look of the Beo.
  13. rascalman

rascalman GhostRider, the clock is ticking

Oddometer:
    The Burg 650 is a very agile and comfortable bike especially with the backrest adapter added. Check out the one in the link below. Several hundred dollars in extras. Seller would probably knock off a hundred or so to help with cost of plane ticket. I have a friend that has an 06 with 49K miles on it and runs perfect. Saw a guy at the gas station a week ago and he had 92K miles on his and he was headed 300 miles south to St. George Island. Ran perfect. http://atlanta.craigslist.org/atl/mcy/2841612055.html
  14. Superstar

Oddometer:
    Thanks.

I tried out the Burgmans and my knees hit on both.

I'm (hopefully) taking delivery of an 09 TMAX tomorrow morning.
  15. Phipsd

Phipsd Older but not wiser.

Oddometer:
    I'm taller than you and I have checked myself out on my Citycom and I look totally cool or at least as cool as an old fat guy can look.:D
  16. Superstar

Oddometer:
    Uggg...dude still has a loan. No clear title? No thanks.
  17. Twisted Martini

Twisted Martini Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    That sucks, but keep looking it is worth the wait.
  18. cbolling

cbolling Here...Hold my Beer.

Oddometer:
    I am 6'1" with a 34" inseam.

I have ridden a Silverwing and a Tmax. It has been a couple of years but I remember being pretty comfortable on both of them.
  19. FunkyMonkey

FunkyMonkey n00b

Oddometer:
    I ride a Piaggio MP3 500 (maxi-scooter).

Added some foot pegs which gives me the ability to stretch my legs during longer trips.

Longest trip in a 17 hour period. 500 miles

In a three day period. 988 miles (3 Twisted Sisters - San Antonio)

I just love this scoot.

FM
  20. DudeClone

DudeClone Long timer

Oddometer:
    very frustrating topic for me. for the life of me i cannot figure why most maxi's i have tried have less room for my legs / kness then my Kymco Agility 125 or even a Genuine Buddy

its what made me look MC for a bigger bike. given my few viable choices for ergo comfort on a maxi it is just too limiting. Yamaha Majesty and SW fit me best, most others just felt small at the seat, with a big bike underneath. weird sensation. i would like more then a few choices in the world of big bikes, more choices then a 400cc or just get the SW, and certainly the ability to get something for under or around $5,000 new or used that suits me. $10,000 for a SW? sure. if you want one and its not one of very few choices :/