Manti - Wow

Discussion in 'Sports' started by RhinoVonHawkrider, Jan 17, 2013.

1. basketcase

basketcase lifelong reject fixer Supporter

Oddometer:
    Hmm. For a buck-fifty at the nearest C store he can him get some cheap cheese to go with that whine.

I watched the game and Te'o was not the only player all but shut out by Alabama. The fact is we ran all over them.

But there's more to it than the Alabama/Notre Dame matchup. Georgia could have also done the deed, or Florida, or Tennessee, or A & M. Welcome to the SEC...

Notre Dame came in believing all the hype they read about their selves and it bit them in the arse.
  2. Linzi

Linzi Long timer

Oddometer:
    Yep.
  3. shrineclown

shrineclown Board Butcher, Fastener Haberdasher

Oddometer:
    Nope, Tom condom, the master.
  4. Albie

Albie Kool Aid poisoner

Oddometer:
    Ahhh even slimier! :lol3
  5. Star-Bellied Sneetch

Star-Bellied Sneetch Long timer

Oddometer:
    In those quotes, he does not say that they met in person. He says that she "saw him at one of the games." Those are two different things.
  6. basketcase

Oddometer:
    [​IMG]

Gives a whole new meaning to the term "low maintenance."
  7. George Papadopolis

George Papadopolis between

Oddometer:
    Holy crap a Bama fan who actually went there:clap Rare indeed.
  8. Jurgen

Jurgen CysHeteroPatriarch

Oddometer:

It is obvious Louisville should have been in the NC Bowl.
  9. wiseanhyzer

wiseanhyzer Long timer

Oddometer:
    Ok. Would you assume that when someone says "we met just, just she knew my cousin" that they had never met in person? That's not "we never actually met in person." That was "we met through my cousin". He knew everyone would assume they met in real life.

What I now think happened: He got "catfished". Big time. But he embellished his relationship with her way too much and made it into something it wasn't because of the media attention. He lied and said they had met. He told his Dad they met when she came to visit him in Hawaii. He said she was the love of his life (even though he'd never laid eyes on her in real life). He talked about being on the phone with her while she was in a coma and her breathing picked up. He publicly built the relationship up into something it wasn't because he liked all the attention he gained from the tragedy.

And now that everyone knows it wasn't real he looks twice as foolish. He got catfished and then he told fishing stories. :deal
  10. shrineclown

Oddometer:
  11. basketcase

Oddometer:
    I had never heard of that show until this all came up. The kid has to be embarrassed about the thing, but it would have been a lot better to admit it up front. We'll never know with any certainty, but I've considered that he and ND kept the lid on the thing until after the NC game to keep him from being trash-talked or taunted at the game proper.

And while I've had a little fun with it, there is another side to me that sees and has dealt with the pain. For years I worked as a counselor, and there are countless people out in our culture who struggle daily with overwhelming feelings of loneliness and alienation, and who are desperate for a sense of connection. The modern "online dating" patterns and the popularity of those web sites point directly to that reality.

But getting back to the satire at hand, when I look at that photo of the imaginary woman in the shower, my first thought is that she does not look anything like what I expected. Next she could stand to lose some weight -- just saying.

:lol3
  12. RhinoVonHawkrider

RhinoVonHawkrider Long timer

Oddometer:
  13. shrineclown

Oddometer:
    Well, at least it is katie dope. That is like being interviewed by a hard hitting reporter like Larry King.
  14. Jurgen

Jurgen CysHeteroPatriarch

Oddometer:
    Don't dare say that in CSM. :lol3
  15. vettex2

vettex2 X-Racer

Oddometer:
    the guy is an idiot on so many levels
    and
    he got his ass handed to him in his last game
  16. shrineclown

Oddometer:
    Your idiot, is tomorrow's treasure. Wait and see. Naive kid, caught in a bad situation, handled it poorly, (surprisingly, there are apparently other cases of this that are starting to take light....sickos out there). I am sure he did it on advice knowing his agent and I bet the coaches knew too (he is protecting them). Spin just took a bad turn on them. He will rebound nicely and have a great career. Also, he was not the only guy on the field facing the Alabama Hit Squad.

And hey, if half the nation is watching some guy buff 25 girls on TV and take a wife from it, this is really not all that strange.
  17. wiseanhyzer

wiseanhyzer Long timer

Oddometer:
  18. shrineclown

Oddometer:
  19. liquidsmile

liquidsmile Soon to be bored with the bike I am riding.

Oddometer:
  20. RxZ

RxZ Legal Drug Dealer

Oddometer:
    You know, I was the kid in college who was always respectful of women, treated them nice, Christian values toward relationships, etc... Even I would have had to at least see the girl if I was in a six month relationship. I don't know all the details here, and I doubt anyone ever will, but still... This whole thing is just odd.