2013 + Honda CB1100

Discussion in 'Road Warriors' started by cabanza, Aug 24, 2012.

1. CA200

CA200 Adventurer

Oddometer:
    [​IMG]

Got mine, Put 7 miles on it.
    It is cold here.
  2. CA200

CA200 Adventurer

Oddometer:
    [​IMG][/IMG]
  3. OldF7Guy

OldF7Guy Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Nice CA200. I can barely see but looks like you got a rack put on the back also. Can you post another picture of that. Also, what kind of tires do the new CB's come with?
  4. The other Ferret

The other Ferret Motorcycle nut

Oddometer:
    Congrats CA200 :clap
  5. Oldgoat01

Oldgoat01 Adventurer

Oddometer:
    OK now if you've been reading this thread you should know the drill:

last 4 digits of VIN
    Height and Inseam and how it fits you
    Initial impressions
    :D
  6. The other Ferret

The other Ferret Motorcycle nut

Oddometer:
    Mine came with Dunlop Sportmax Touring Radials
  7. dpg

dpg Adventurer

Oddometer:
    I really like my new Mich. Road Pilot III's on my CBR250 but they don't make that size for the cb1100. However, I have heard great things about Pirelli Sport Deamons and it appears that they do make those in the correct size.
  8. CA200

CA200 Adventurer

Oddometer:
    Mine also came with Dunlop D205s ,
    I am sure that Metezler or some of the better tires will be made to fit
    because this bike is selling well.
    I know a little about tires since we used to sell a lot before I closed my
    store last year. I mounted 1000 tires myself last year. It was a good year.
    The rack is a Honda line rack and I will post more pic. later. I also got the
    Honda line heated grips and they work well.
    I am 5'9" with a with a 29" inseam and I can flat foot it on the bike.
    My vin # is 464
    I will report more when it gets warmer here -- it was only in the low 30s today.
  9. CA200

CA200 Adventurer

Oddometer:
    [​IMG][/IMG]
  10. siyeh

siyeh unproductive Supporter

Oddometer:
    Isaat you Steve?
  11. Justarida

Justarida Genius At Large

Oddometer:
    O913 is mine.
    Its been a long wait and I am thankful this thread has been alive during it!

I'm 5'10" / 30" Inseam / 210 lbs / 50 YO.
    I have been riding since I was about 7, dirt and street.

Due to weather and the holiday weekend I only managed 68 miles so far.
    Some 75 mph interstate, some two lane blacktop even some gravel! Standing up on the pegs looking over the bars I can see myself and my big stupid grin in the front fender! :evil
    I ditto much of what has been reported by others regarding the Gearbox, Torque delivery, Fueling, Brakes all excellent, absolutely no complaints! :D
    This Bike fits me perfectly! It is exactly what I imagined it would be.
    It is what was advertised. It lives up to carrying the Honda heritage in the CB line.
    My dealer Station Park Honda in Louisville Ky. could not have been a more pleasing expierience if you like no pressure, laid back good ole boy treatment and a really fair OTD price.

One thing is for sure the Tank Paint is PERFECT and I'm pretty sure I'm gonna cry if / when I scratch it so please let us all know how the Clear Bra works out.

I will have some pics soon but really dont know how to post them without a smug mug account and I dont think I want to pay for that.
    May change my mind tho.
  12. Gham

Gham tritagonist Supporter

Oddometer:
    This thread is getting fun now,congrats everyone on your new CB's:clap
  13. vicvegas

vicvegas eager beaver

Oddometer:
    Wow! man that is awesome, we get so riped off here in Manitoba. pretty sure this same bike would cost me around $1400 a yr to insure here. and i only see about 6 months of riding time in a good year to boot!
  14. blazeone

blazeone Adventurer

Oddometer:
    FYI, I'm paying $558.00 a year in Houston, TX for full coverage with a $500.00 deductible with Gieco.

My VIN is 0930. I'm 5'8" 160lbs with a 30-31 inseam and can flat foot it also. Love the bike.
  15. Dave in Wi

Dave in Wi Long timer

Oddometer:
    Madison WI (40 Square Miles Surrounded By Reality)

Nice. I think it's safe to put the snowblower away now. :-). If you are who I think you are, you mounted one of those tires for me.

It will be interesting to see what tire choices will be out there. Not many other bikes take 18" tires any more do they?
  16. OldF7Guy

OldF7Guy Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Congrats Justarida!! I posted before that I knew that your bike was here. I know its been cold in Ky. Thanks for your thoughts on Station Park Honda. Much appreciated. The weather in Ky is going to clear up this week I think so we all expect a report from you. :evil

How is the CB11 at 75 mph and what is the rpm. I ride a lot of interstates and parkways. Does it feel strained? My old Sportster felt like at 75 you were going 115 no joke. I know its not a Gold wing but just curious.

Man, I am so jealous of all of you with new CB's .. Anybody have a go pro that can make a video? Thank all of you for your ride reports so far. I showed my old HD biker buddy a pic of the CB and he said is that a HOnda 750? Even he was impressed.

Get them out there and ride them guys and stay safe!!!
  17. NuckaMan

NuckaMan Space Available

Oddometer:
    We need more riding impressions and reviews from the lucky new owners. Like NOW!!!!
  18. Oldgoat01

Oldgoat01 Adventurer

Oddometer:
    Just swung by the dealer as they have a non-ABS model on the floor. Still don't have a confirmed date for my ABS one; however, it did give me a chance to look at the bike again and sit on it. The last time I sat on it was very briefly at the show back in Feb at which time I felt the ergos would be fine. I'm very happy to say that I had the same impression as before on the fit (6' 32"). I think it will be fine and even with the dip in the seat I'm able to move around. May still opt for the taller seat without the dip just to let me shift around even more; however, it is certainly not a have to have as I feared. My knees tucked nicely into the tank and I actually favor a position where I have a bit of bend in the knees.

While there was virtually no foot traffic at the dealer, two people came up to the bike and the first question was "what year is that?" It really is a striking bike in person. One of the things that Apple has mastered is the development of products that feel substantial, upscale, classic. Honda has done the same here. The bike has a very classic/timeless look that exudes quality.

I was also talking to the parts people about accessories and there isn't much available now but they thought there would be in 60 days. Which brings up another question for all you non-BMW owners. What are your recommendations on power outlets? My BMW was nice not only from a perspective of accessories but also to just plug the tender in the outlet. I'd like to have something that is accessible but is fairly stealth.
  19. kballowe

kballowe Poser

Oddometer:
  20. CA200

CA200 Adventurer

Oddometer:
    Here is something everybody should watch out for.
    I took out the tool box to put my battery tender lead in.
    When you put the box back in , it is held down with one screw and one
    clip. If you press the screw in to hard the speed nut that it goes into will
    pop out of it's home and land on the floor, :eek1
    Would be easy to lose along side the road.