Looking for SW-Motech sidecase racks with Hepco Becker adapter plate reviews

Discussion in 'Equipment' started by MGBreva, Jan 29, 2014.

1. MGBreva

MGBreva Adventurer

Oddometer:
    Has anyone used the SW-Motech sidecase racks with the Hepco Becker adapter plate? I'm debating on this set up vs. the racks from Hepco Becker. Anyone have any opinions to share?
  2. Twohondas

Twohondas Long timer

Oddometer:
    I have the first generation SW sidecase racks with HB bags on my 5th gen VFR.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
    I used the HB adapter initially but found that the 1st gen rack did not need the adapter but I believe the 2nd generation rack does.

Here is a shot of the current rack setup using the simpler bolt on latches which also cuts the beam of my bags by about two inches total. You see the HB adapter on the seat as well as the addon latches mounted on the SW rack.
    [​IMG]

My original setup with the adapter mounted.
    [​IMG]

The latest tour shot with no adapters but ..... still more crap!

[​IMG]
  3. MGBreva

MGBreva Adventurer

Oddometer:
    Thanks for the write up. Looks like it was study enough for you!
  4. Twohondas

Twohondas Long timer

Oddometer:
    Unfortunately I have been on some dirt roads on my VFR the last couple of years.

[​IMG]

I bought some extra SW fastners in case of a rough road..............but after a couple of years nothing has broken loose. But the VFR is not sublime on these roads which I seem to be finding every year.
  5. squish

squish Waiting to see

Oddometer:
    I've got the flat metal style on my Honda 919 and on my 2004 DL650
    On the 919 the mount moves the blinkers and once moved they bounce around a little.

Otherwise the quality is decent, they were easy to put on and the racks can be put on or taken off in seconds.
    The mushrooms for the givi mount are just a little too long so the ton box rattles.

I use givi monokey bags and move the bags from bike to bike.

On the DL the racks mounted easy, there is slightly too much space behind the left rack. That is between the back of the rack and the side of the bike.

Instructions were a little vague and in German and the pictures were hard to decipher.

When I need to go touring next the first thing I will add to the bike will be the current side case set up.
  6. MGBreva

MGBreva Adventurer

Oddometer:
    Seems like most people like the SW-Motech. I'm leaning towards those since I have bags already. Seems like the Hepco Beckers are designed for two different size bags on the DL650.
  7. squish

squish Waiting to see

Oddometer:
    On my 04 DL the racks were not off set by much so I didn't run a skinny and wide bag,

But since I'm in So Cal where lane sharing is ok, I run skinny bags on the side and a taller top box.

I don't have any opinion on the Hepco Becker bags or mounts. Just the Givi's