The Africa Twin XRV650 & XRV750 thread

Discussion in 'Japanese polycylindered adventure bikes' started by iswoolley, Aug 23, 2004.

1. Peke

Peke Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Great pics, u gotta love that Red Bull helmet.
    :clap
  2. goran e

goran e Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Evo danas je padala cjeli dan kiša ali sam ufatio malo vremena kad nije padala

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    (Powered by frubar.net)
  3. Twinmike

Twinmike Grandpa

Oddometer:
    @ goran e

i will come in June to Bosnia - Livno to, i hope the Winter has gone :1drink

Dođem u Bosnu u lipnju nakon Livnu i nadam se da je zima je više :1drink
  4. Heno

Heno Lover Of Perfection

Oddometer:
    goran e...mate, how it is with riding in Bosna? I mean non pavement roads. Is it save, due to some explosives, which have been left by war from 1992 to 1995?

Thanks.
  5. goran e

goran e Been here awhile

Oddometer:
  6. twinie

twinie Gabe

Oddometer:
    portugal as a lot to offer in terms of offroad riding. its not a big country, but great landscapes!

some of the track was quite hard, but not too much =P if the fat AT can climb them, also de lighter dakar will hehe

you can see bits of it in the video:

http://youtu.be/IiWaH1dB7Pw

7. Twinmike

Twinmike Grandpa

Oddometer:
    @twinie
    thank you for the video link:freaky

@Heno
    this year i am my fifth time in Bosnia many Km offroad, the frequented gravelroads are save, beside the roads it could be dangerous, watch for signs and ask locals when you are not sure about the track :wave
  8. goran e

goran e Been here awhile

Oddometer:
  9. cas121

cas121 Adventurer

Oddometer:

Wow, those roads look amazing!

a short introduciton: I'm cas121, AT driver from the Netherlands. Been reading here for a while now and coulnt resist joining the forum.

@ Twinie, can you tell me where the road on this picture is? I am planning to go to porto this summer and try to find some nice tracks. Allthoug some say it is too hot in august.

Here a picture of my AT in the french alpes from my previous trip. I've swapped the plastic panniers for a DIY aluminum set

[​IMG]
  10. thedennman

thedennman n00b

Oddometer:
    Hey Doc,

Nice to see you arround here..! nice picca to..! nice website ain't it..!? i love adv-rider.:freaky

Greetszz
  11. Dutchy506

Dutchy506 Adventurer

Oddometer:
    hey boyz!
    welkom! :D
    grtz robbin
  12. Squily

Squily Squily

Oddometer:

Rear brake caliper- holding the brake pads?:scratch
  13. robie

robie n00b

Oddometer:
    But I don't think it is from AT....cause it meant to be allen bolt...It's a mystery....
  14. Two Plugs

Two Plugs Born to be blunt Supporter

Oddometer:
    @ All,<?xml:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:eek:ffice:eek:ffice" /><o:p></o:p>
    <o:p> </o:p>
    This bikes was stolen from one of our club's members. If you see it, or recognize it, please contact the rightful owner. He as travelled around the globe with this bike and is emotional very much attached to it. <o:p></o:p>
    When recognized, please contact the owner, Jan Huls, +31(0)654704025 or jan(AT)janhuls.nl. There is an reward for tips which will lead to the recovery of Jan's bike.<o:p></o:p>
    Description: <o:p></o:p>
    Honda Africa twin 1997 <o:p></o:p>
    Black & Orange<o:p></o:p>
    Fuel tank damaged right-front side <o:p></o:p>
    (Dutch) licence (which most likely will be removed): MR-ND-35 <o:p></o:p>
    Estimated value: poor<o:p></o:p>
    Emotional value: High.<o:p></o:p>

[​IMG]
  15. Africa_Twin

Africa_Twin Africa Twiner

Oddometer:
    Slow death to the thieves!!!

:hung

I hope the bike appears soon and unharmed...
  16. Byke_Baikonur

Byke_Baikonur Adventurer

Oddometer:
  17. diskow

diskow Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Year is 1996.

I wish you good luck finding it!
  18. @dreamer

@dreamer Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    I have a quick question regarding the facet pump. When I got my RD04 I did a complete rebuild before even really riding it (18klm to get her home and the project began). Part of the restoration process was to put the facet in. Anyway the question comes down to an overflow of fuel out of the float bowl ie the key on pump running but engine not running. I have heard that the 40105 facet pump has too much power and that there is another pump from facet that has less power, I'm not having buyers remorse about the pump but I'm just wondering if there is something wrong with the carbs that is allowing the fuel to be forced out the overflow hose? Now its not a lot of fuel but it is fuel coming out when its not supposed to, now I have learned to have the key off until needed, but I am just trolling to see if this has been seen and dealt with.

Thanks for the help
    Keith
  19. Squily

Squily Squily

Oddometer:

I've been experiencing this myself. I've installed a 'red' facet, but was told hte 'blue' facet is teh low pressure unit, but couldn;t find anywhere. Finally the spareshop refunded my deposit and I just settled for the more powerful one. Been 'looking' for the lower pressure one ever since, as I'm experiencing overflow issues as well when teh bike is standing 'at idle' like traffic situations. I've resorted to closing the fuel tap 'in between'
  20. GSPD750

GSPD750 Adventurer

Oddometer:
    Again...I thought you fired that mechanic already. :roflFor starters your Facet should not run with the key turned on. If you look at the Haynes wiring diagram you will see a fuel cut-off relay in the circuit and from what I gather it is bypassed and your Facet is wired somewhere on the ignition side. The pump should only run when the bike is running.
    If you wire it in like your old pump was then you should have the black wire from the new Facet which goes to the green wire which is (ground).
    The red wire from the new Facet goes to the wire that is colored blue/black. That wire in turn goes to the fuel cut-off relay as seen in the Haynes manual wiring diagram.
    Their is always a possibility you could have some crud on your float needle valve in one of the carbs...but i doubt it. Your pump pressure is just fine on the 40105 and it's not so unusual to see fuel coming out the overflow drain if the pump is running and the engine is not.