Camel ADV Products

Discussion in 'Vendors' started by Camel ADV, Mar 20, 2013.

1. Camel ADV

Camel ADV Long timer Supporter

Oddometer:
    Hey Matt, I knew some of the top box equipped bikes would be tighter than others. There are so many variables with panniers and racks alone that it was tough to make a tank that would work well with all systems. Top boxes add another layer of head scratching.

I can tell you that much thought and consideration was given to the filler location. It started out as far to the outside as it could be but I ran into clearance issues with one system or another and was concerned the the cap/filler would be more likely damaged in a fall when no racks or panniers were fitted. Also partially blocking the rear signal light was a concern.

Please email me a pic of your bike with top box on (preferably with a gas nozzle in hand) so I can see exactly what's what and see if there is tweaking that can be done on other versions.

Given the volume of the tank I would suggest hand filling (ie, no locking the trigger and relying on auto shut off) to avoid nozzle spray back.

As far as the gas cap, definitely tighten it enough that it won't rattle loose. The filler neck insert is pretty beefy so unless you have Pop-Eye forearms damaging the insert is unlikely.

I wanted to make sure caps were easy to locate and not only available from us so the oil filler cap from a 90s Honda Civic will work in a pinch. I can't say for sure though that the o-ring on brand xxx cap will be gas resistant so use at your risk!

I will have a look at adding a tether to the as a few others have mentioned it as well.
  2. lakota

lakota Geeser Supporter

Oddometer:
    Thanks for doing all it took to get this out on the market. I couldn't be happier with the new tank.
  3. Camel ADV

Oddometer:
    If you have bought a kit already and have a 2012-newer bike let me know as I have some different fasteners for the under seat bracket. BMW made a change and deleted the threaded inserts. The new fasteners are allen heads that go through the sub-frame crossmember front to back then Nylocs on the back side. Kits shipping from this point on will include these new fasteners.
  4. runnin4melife

runnin4melife Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    I am loving this! The only bad thing is that I am now going to have to make a new rear rack because I don't need the rotopax! :evil

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
  5. Camel ADV

Oddometer:
    :thumb
  6. AirforceGSRider244

AirforceGSRider244 Hardcore adventurer

Oddometer:
    INSTALLED my new camel tank last night with guzzifreak750 last night. awesome friend. glad he could help me out with it. :clapwill post picks later today. but wow. im excited to see the range on my f800gs. i checked fuel level last night after about 30miles, to verify it was pulling from the correct tank. which it was. Camel tank was able to handle the ride so far. fits like a glove. alittle tight with the touratech zega pros but still works and fits great. cant wait to see it perform on the cobdr next year.
  7. bearbuck

bearbuck Adventurer

Oddometer:
    i'll take one that fits the Hepco Becker racks. :wink:

bb

8. Camel ADV

Oddometer:
    We are having a photo contest for Camel Tank owners! The winner gets $250 USD (paid via Paypal)

Details:
    We are looking for photos that show the Camel Tank on your bike in some sort of nature setting or spectacular view in the background. Ultimately we are looking for photos that can be used on our website, print media etc.

Please email your photo submissions to photos@cameltank.com prior to November 15th, 2013. Winner will be announced (and paid) between November 15th and Dec 1st, 2013.

Fine print: By emailing your pictures you are giving us permission to use them as we see fit which may include display on our website, on Camel ADV Products print advertising, in magazine advertising, on other websites etc.

Since the product is only a couple months old, there aren't a ton of people that will be able to submit so your chances of winning are very good!

Get snapping!
  9. jspagnol

jspagnol Chibani Rider

Oddometer:
    I ordered a CamelTank from ASpecs on Tuesday , received at Home in France 2 days later !
    I installed it this afternoon on my 2010 GS with the Touratech panniers, and everything went like a breeze. Installation is well documented and took about 2 Hours, the quality of the product is great AND everything works just fine - great job !!!

jean-Luc
  10. Camel ADV

Oddometer:
    Thanks Jean-Luc! I'm glad to hear you got it so fast and that you're happy with your purchase :thumb I'm glad to have Adventure Spec taking care of the European customers :nod

http://www.adventure-spec.com/default/camel-tank-bmw-f800gs-auxiliary-fuel-tank.html

11. OlyRider

OlyRider Long timer

Oddometer:
    just curious.

How is everybody liking their tanks?

I'm surprised this thread has gone quiet. Seems like a great idea!
  12. MCMXCIVRS

MCMXCIVRS Long timer

Oddometer:
    Mine's sitting and waiting for spring.
  13. WERA456

WERA456 Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    North Ga. (The site of the first major gold rush)
    I would still like to hear from some others. How you liking it.
    I really wanted it before my summer trip across the country. But now all my trips are local in the south east us. Hard to justify the cost for a larger tank I probably don't need. But I still want one.
    Can anyone confirm it works with the happy trails pannier racks?
  14. Reaver

Reaver Hasta luego

Oddometer:
    All the fitment info is on their site. Cory is great to work with and will help if you can't find the answer.

I have at least 15k kms on my tank so far and LOVE it. It works as promised and now that I have my bike set up so comfortable for me, I can ride for hours and enjoy the scenery without having to worry about "where that road goes" off the beaten track. Around town, leave it empty and you forget it's there.

Earlier this year I was in WV at night and the only gas stations were closed. It was a beautiful night and I could have carried on for hours with fuel but that's before it was released so I had to stop.

Read my RR below about when I got mine installed.......Post #67 but my frustrations with US stations starts at the beginning.

Once you get your bike setup with a nice seat etc, you'll be hating having to stop for fuel. Bottom line - No Regrets on that buy!!! :clap
  15. Camel ADV

Oddometer:
    Currently the Happy Trail system isn't 100% bolt on with the Camel Tank. The rear pannier rack support brace contacts the corner of the tank. Some bending of that brace is required to make it clear the tank. I haven't been able to check the fit with the V.2 tank yet. Should have some answers for you sooner than later.

Cory
  16. bearbuck

bearbuck Adventurer

Oddometer:

:)
  17. Camel ADV

Oddometer:
    I'm glad you're happy with the purchase :thumb
  18. WERA456

WERA456 Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    North Ga. (The site of the first major gold rush)
    So I am having trouble finding the right seat. Tried out a couple nonstock seats. Did 10k miles on a Sargent but not pleased with it.
    Suggestions? Would love to be able to go 300 miles without stopping but I struggle to go 200 because of the seat.
  19. Reaver

Reaver Hasta luego

Oddometer:
    You'll have to take that up in the Parallel Universe. There are lots of seat threads there. We use the BMW Comfort seat.
  20. Camel ADV

Oddometer:
    I bought a Seat Concepts kit and it's been great. Tough to beat the price too ($170).