What did you do with your Trials Bike today?

Discussion in 'Trials' started by Brewtus, Dec 12, 2010.

1. Gordy

Gordy SUPPORTER

Oddometer:
    Maybe I could learn from you and try that lube the chain deal. :lol3

We go out there almost every weekend during the the winter/spring.
  2. brianjonesphoto

brianjonesphoto Hacked off

Oddometer:
    Well today I took a 160 mile ride in 40 degree rain and wind to fetch a new stator for my 4rt. only to get a call when I was 10 miles away letting me know the computer said they had one that didn't exist. At least I found out before getting in line for Canadian customs.
  3. turnsleft

turnsleft Long timer

Oddometer:
    Dang Brian, sorry to hear that. Good thing ya didn't make it across the border
    getting back in some times ain't much fun. I need to check my passport. I haven't seen it since I retired.

Hi Gordy, I was in NM[Albuquerque] in 65 and wished I could have brought my bike with me. Went to a Harley shop and to a flat track race. I think I had the only black car in the state. Pert warm in August.:evil Had snow on the ground this morning when I got up. Your riding area looks very fun and nice pictures also, thanks for posting.:deal
  4. Gordy

Gordy SUPPORTER

Oddometer:

Brewtus and grizzzly posted up some nice pics too. Just saying.:D

I wish I had my bike with me in '65 too. :uhoh
  5. turnsleft

turnsleft Long timer

Oddometer:
    OOps; I did mean all of you :1drink
  6. Brewtus

Brewtus Buffoonery, Inc.

Oddometer:
    Yeah, I still have my pitbike Gyro. In fact after reading this post, I dug it out for the first time in almost 3 years and revived it with the help of a battery charger and some Sea Foam.

Sunfaded, covered in dust from sitting under a cover on the back porch for 3 years -

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

That's my old GPz550 streetbike/racebike/streetbike in the background, AKA Track Dog.

Looked pretty good after a wash -

[​IMG]

Doesn't everyone have Dunlop TT91's on the front of their Gyro's (a roadrace compound tire made for YSR50's)?? -

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

I had this plate for years in my toolbox, came off of a trade-in from R&S Honda. It matched the color scheme of the Gyro, and matched the era of the scoot -

[​IMG]

The keyfob that came with the bike when I got it. No lie -

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

After a Sea Foamed carb and a battery charge, Miss Bitters commandeered it for a quick ride -

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

And then I beat on it like a rented mule -

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

The rear tire does not smoke like it used to. Can't imagine why as its now 26 years old, and has the rubber compound of granite. :lol3

At the end of the day, the 'ol Gyro survived and still provided in the way it used to all those years ago -

[​IMG]

Another shot, this time without the 1989-era bungee net (again, no lie) -

[​IMG]

Yeah, its not a Trials bike. No, I don't care. It was fun to goof off with my old pit bike again. A lot more is scheduled for the upcoming year. :evil
  7. Garthe

Garthe ROCKS ARE YOUR FRIENDS...

Oddometer:
    you suck
  8. AteamNM

AteamNM Wonna Be ADVrider Supporter

Oddometer:
    WTF is that? Not the Gyro, the other thing?

[​IMG]
  9. NMTrailboss

NMTrailboss Team Dead End

Oddometer:
  10. ridenm

ridenm WALSTIB Supporter

Oddometer:
    It's all good fun until the pants split in the ass.
  11. Ccino

Ccino No Soft Ones

Oddometer:
    Put my beaten-up old Fantic 307 in the van and went up to replanted forestry area and took on some climbs, and drops. A little creek, and some tracks that have been ripped up by dickheads in 4WDs. A few bits where you're riding blind (long grass), and had a great time for coupla hours. Sweated and groaned, dabbed a lot, and smiled a whole lot more.
    Enjoy the Easter break.
  12. buls4evr

buls4evr No Marks....

Oddometer:
    Unscrewed the sparkplug and put a little fogging oil in the cylinder again this year. Kicked it over a few times to circulate into ports and seals and move the bearings around. A real shame but this is the end result of the demise of vintage trials in this immediate area.Two years since it ran last and only 3 yrs since a B&J stroker rebuild on this KT255. I should just sell it.
  13. Brewtus

Brewtus Buffoonery, Inc.

Oddometer:

Now I really hate to hear that. :cry

You COULD drag it down here and ride with me and Lineaway in NMTA's new Twinshock class. You would be welcome! :thumb
  14. DrKayak

DrKayak Retro Rider

Oddometer:
  15. andyhb

andyhb Adventurer

Oddometer:
  16. buls4evr

buls4evr No Marks....

Oddometer:

Chris since I started riding ADV/DS bikes I have not used the trials bike. I think I see a correlation here. See what I have been doing on nmdualsport.org . Biggest thing has been the demise of any Eastern component of vintage trials from AHRMA or ITSA anywhere near me. It is a shame that this beautiful running and very competitive bike just sits there gathering dust. I should bring it down all right....to sell it:deal:clap.
  17. NMTrailboss

Oddometer:
    I'm on that site as well, but don't see you there. What user name do you use there?
  18. Brewtus

Brewtus Buffoonery, Inc.

Oddometer:
    Funny thing, since I've discovered Trials my dual-sports (along with 10 other bikes) have sat around gathering dust. All in the perspective I guess.

Camp and ride with us first, then reconsider. We can be pretty persuasive. :evil :freaky :kumbaya :beer
  19. buls4evr

buls4evr No Marks....

Oddometer:
    I use my real name on there. Just posted on the Mogollon to Beaverhead ride report. You need to do that ride with those guys NMTrailboss.....and take Brutus with you to get him re-aquainted with those DS bikes:clap
  20. NMTrailboss

Oddometer:
    Ha! I just read that report a little bit ago! Awesome ride! I've done that route and variations of it many times...love that part of the Gila.
    Brewtus used to ride DS with me a lot several years ago, but alas...I got him addicted to the trials bug and now he lets his other bikes collect dust. :cry Can't get him out anymore it seems. Doomed to a life of twin shocking a Reflex! :lol3

Brewtus and I DSing Moab circa 2007
    [​IMG]

This is obviously pre-trials! :rofl
    [​IMG]

Brewtus in Jemez - 2007
    [​IMG]

Brewtus in Valle Vidal - 2008
    [​IMG]

Sorry to pick on you Chris...just trying to guilt you into cleaning the carb. on the XR!! :deal

BTW...we riding this Sunday or what? :ear