College Football 2012

Discussion in 'Sports' started by NativeSon, Dec 12, 2011.

1. lewismedlock

lewismedlock Follower

Oddometer:
    He got a big one, and a long-term contract last year. Reliable sources say he was interested because he's not getting along well with the AD. Gundy would like to play an easier non-conference schedule, but the AD scheduled Mississippi State for next year, and Florida State in 2104. One game will be played in Dallas, the other in Houston.

http://newsok.com/mike-gundy-stayin...ther-head-coaching-job-offers/article/3734881
  2. Linzi

Linzi Long timer

Oddometer:
    Strong told Tennessee to pound sand. (Not a surprise.) The search continues...
  3. shrineclown

shrineclown Board Butcher, Fastener Haberdasher

Oddometer:

Wow, he plans ahead.
  4. ScottDill

ScottDill TANSTAAFL Supporter

Oddometer:
    I'm happy that Louisville is keeping Strong, I would really hate for a coach that I like to be stuck at UTe. :lol3
  5. Albie

Albie Kool Aid poisoner

Oddometer:
    Even though Gundy is a man and he's only 40, I don't think he'll be around by then. :lol3
  6. Albie

Albie Kool Aid poisoner

Oddometer:
    Well, if Tenner gets desperate and decides to go ahead and offer Petrino, there'll be hell to pay in the SEC East. He's a douchebag, but damn, he can coach.
  7. ScottDill

Oddometer:
    It would also better balance the West by giving Bama a competitive cross-division rival. Hopefully Malzahn can do the same thing to Georgia.

Petrino's evil would cancel out Richt's goodness so balance would return to the division. :deal

Arky is the only one that seems to have their house in order, Auburn and UTe seem to have real problems in the way they run things. UTe is pure incompetence and with Auburn, its impossible to tell who's really in charge.
  8. The_Commander

The_Commander The Man. Supporter

Oddometer:
    I think I've said before, my company has an afternoon sports show (The Drive, 3-7p, WNOX FM 100.3, Knoxville) and it features a couple of ex-Vols and two long time, hard core UT sports reporters as well as three salesmen who have covered the Vols in one capacity or another since the earth cooled.

The bullpen is deathly silent this morning.

Rumors are starting that Fulmer might be coming back. Other rumors are the Jimbo is reconsidering his decline, and yet another is Kirby Smart is on his way to town.
  9. Kurt

Kurt Long timer

Oddometer:
    Go Army!!!!!!!
  10. Hoots Magoon

Hoots Magoon Hey ya'll, Watch this!

Oddometer:
    [​IMG]

An Army fan walks into a bar in Philadelphia on Saturday afternoon. He sits down and watches the rest of the ARMY – NAVY game. The Midshipman are driving and Keenan Reynolds throws a pass for a touchdown. Just then a dog runs out from behind the bar and starts barking in excitement. The Army fan looks in amazement at the dog and sips his beer. This goes on and on and when the Midshipman finally wins the dog runs out from behind the bar and does a backflip. At this point the Army fan can't hold his amazement any longer. He says to the bartender "that's amazing" the bartender nods in agreement. Then the Army fan asks him "what happens if the Black Knights win?” The bartender looks at him and shrugs his shoulders "I dunno, I've only had him for ten years". GO NAVY! – BEAT ARMY!
  11. ScottDill

Oddometer:
    Cincinnati sure has done a good job at finding and developing coaches so that they are attractive to larger, richer programs.
  12. Albie

Albie Kool Aid poisoner

Oddometer:
    Tenner sure could have done worse. At least Jones has a winning record unlike Dooley did at La Tech.
  13. Linzi

Linzi Long timer

Oddometer:
    Butch Jones?

Yeah...

Ummm...

Hmmm...

Go Gators. :)
  14. docwells7

docwells7 Long timer

Oddometer:
    The Owned by the SEC University...:deal

:lol3
  15. docwells7

docwells7 Long timer

Oddometer:
    If it happens, he won't last through their probation...
  16. NativeSon

NativeSon Long timer

Oddometer:
    Translation:

He's no Muschamp.
  17. docwells7

docwells7 Long timer

Oddometer:
    Not nearly douchey enough...:deal

:rofl
  18. NativeSon

NativeSon Long timer

Oddometer:
    Here's something douchey

[​IMG]
  19. ScottDill

Oddometer:
    Muschamp is a Football Coach...that's it. He's not a douche, he's a geek, and the players seem to love him. I like what I've seen this year and I look forward to seeing how he leads the program going forward. His frankness and focus are refreshing and what I believe lead to sustained success. Linzi is just too young to remember Florida Football before Spurrier.

I think that UTe made a reasonable choice. The way they handled it was embarrassing though. $4 Million for Strong? Really? That's stupid. He's one of may favorite coaches and appeasers to be a man of high integrity.....but I don;t see how he's worth that kind of cash. That offer is completely unwarranted.
  20. ScottDill

Oddometer: