The Africa Twin XRV650 & XRV750 thread

Discussion in 'Japanese polycylindered adventure bikes' started by iswoolley, Aug 23, 2004.

1. RocketJohn

RocketJohn Hook 'em Horns! Supporter

Oddometer:
    I've seen Joz proudly flaunting his AT in our area of Denver... :rofl

40-50... I guess that's about what I suspected.

Do you think Honda believe the new NX700xCIS is supposed to give the USA a modern Africa Twin experience?
    http://powersports.honda.com/2012/nc700x.aspx
  2. Tiggs

Tiggs Dreamin of Adventure

Oddometer:
    I asked the same question for how many in Australia some time ago and the answer is in the vicinity of 20-25. It would be interesting to know how many we're built and where they were exported to, as the amount in the US and Oz isn't very many at all! I just bought one and yes they are 'expensive' for for their age I suppose, but you're getting a great well built bike and not everybody has one. :nod
  3. Kenyon

Kenyon Adventurer

Oddometer:
    Africa Twin Meeting 2011 Rhön/Germany
    [​IMG]
  4. alainmax

alainmax ca vaut le detour !!

Oddometer:
    i still think 20-25 in the USA

i would think Most of them would have posted on this forum in need of something and that is much less than 20 ( USA),
  5. Jim Rowley

Jim Rowley Rise above

Oddometer:
    Let's keep the roll call going. Alain, you're 8. I know of at least two more in Oregon, one more in Colorado and one in Wisconsin.
  6. Reidy008

Reidy008 I,m in if we go fast

Oddometer:
    I am in Phoenix AZ and have one. I would also like to offer to host a meetup with amazing riding days to go along.... if anyone is interested let me know. Cheers
  7. alainmax

alainmax ca vaut le detour !!

Oddometer:
    salut Jim:wave
    between Kevin, Stefan,didier and me , there are 4 in OR

Joyeux christmas to todos
  8. Jim Rowley

Jim Rowley Rise above

Oddometer:
    I also forgot about Craig, Steve and Mario in California.

Ne te cailles pas trop les couilles en bas. Joyeux Noel aussi. Merde, c'est l'été maintenant. Amuses-toi bien quand meme.
  9. mas335

mas335 xendurist

Oddometer:
    Just passing through and noticed the topic, Clockwatcher in Western N.C. owns one.

They seem exceeding scarce east of the Mississippi.
  10. Ladder106

Ladder106 It's a short cut, really

Oddometer:
    :y0!
  11. ujeni

ujeni just doesn't get it

Oddometer:
    One here in Santa Cruz California. My brother has one in high point North Carolina. I am also working on importing another one.
  12. tattewell

tattewell Mad Poser

Oddometer:
    That's an interesting topic, as I would presume most are in Europe. However with that said, you don't really see them that often over here either. Perhaps their all in hiding?
  13. mas335

mas335 xendurist

Oddometer:

That's been a well kept secret, I have not heard of or seen his AT anywhere and High Point is only 20 miles from me, I was just there yesterday. Can we arrange a personal viewing?
  14. Ladder106

Ladder106 It's a short cut, really

Oddometer:
    Say Yes....MAS335 has been lovingly restoring Transalps. He's due for a new challenge.

I see an import business in his future.
  15. ujeni

ujeni just doesn't get it

Oddometer:
    Ha! I figured that might get your attention! I'll send you a PM.
  16. Bambi

Bambi Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Hi Ladder,
    old friend! As far as I know you've got an 'African Alp'. Does that count? :rofl
    Kindest regards to you, Ladder, with Season's Greetings and a Happy New Year! And so for all of you here!
    But I feel with you all out here! Bikes like the Africa Twin and the Suzuki DR 750/800 for example were imported in loads here to Central Europe (including Germany) were you're not allowed to leave the paved road with your bike and have fun in the dirt. And many of you out there all over the world just have to step out of their door to leave the concrete ...
    Be assured, the pic Kenyon placed here only shows a very small amount of the assembled Africa Twins at that meeting. I haven't been to that place but there's a lot of these Twins here in Germany. Being a Suzuki-DR-Big-rider, our own annual gathering usually sees about 120 bikes. And not every one of our forum is able to take part ...
    Btw, today, I read an interview with Honda's manager for the on-coming Dakar in a German bike-magazin. He said that Honda wants to put their so-gained rallye-experience into a new off-road-tourer with 1.000 cc. Silver-line on the horizon?
    Kind regards, Bambi
  17. Hodgo

Hodgo TWIN Cylinder ADV

Oddometer:
    Not many here in Aust at all. Heres a couple from a VTwin Get together April 2010.

[​IMG]
  18. mas335

mas335 xendurist

Oddometer:
    Thanks for setting this up, I will contact your brother after the Christmas rush, Right now I'm busy boxing up an entire disassembled TA engine to ship to a guy called Ladder!

In all my years of riding I have never passed or saw another TA on the road unless someone was on one of mine, running into a AT seemed completely impossible, can't wait to see it.
  19. Royce Cochran

Royce Cochran was 2bold2getold

Oddometer:
    Oh goodie. Put me on the list for one of mas335's like new restored Africa Twins. :D
  20. Schelbi

Schelbi Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    I think in my county (In Germany called "Landkreis") there are more Africa Twins than you have all over the US! We have already 4 in my motorcycle club!

btw Kenyon, you wanted more pics? Here are 2 more:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]