Stupid questions people ask you when stopped

Discussion in 'The Perfect Line and Other Riding Myths' started by cold_fire, Apr 13, 2009.

1. veriest1

veriest1 Minimalist Gear Hoarder

Oddometer:
    I was on the 1150 today paying registration at the court house here.
    As I'm storing my helmet an older lady (maybe 55) comes up behind me saying, "Oh nice bike! And it's a BMW!" As she proceeds to trace the roundel on the tank with her finger. Then the question, "Is it hard to handle?"

I reply, very matter of factly, "No, it's one of the easiest to handle bikes out there."

I have no clue what kind of handling she was talking about.
  2. KX50002

KX50002 NooB, my ass

Oddometer:
    Maybe he recognized that you could go just about anywhere on your bike? He probably thought you were riding a BMW ,and was shocked that you were not at a starbucks:D

:hide
  3. GPrairie_Rider

GPrairie_Rider Dirt Junkie

Oddometer:
    Now that I bought my Tiger 8XC I get all kinds of stupid questions. But when I had the XRL they ignored me like I was riding a KLR or something.

Who makes Triumph?

Is that a dirt bike?

Why does it sound like that?

OR my personal favorite. Guy on a Boat Glide tries to share a lane with me in the rain. Come up to a puddle, I stand and power the bike up threw the puddle. Follows me to the station, pulls up next to me and turns his stereo down and tells me. "I thought you were gonna go down back there, why'd you stand up?"
  4. KX50002

KX50002 NooB, my ass

Oddometer:
    Pardon me... Do you have any Grey Poupon?:D
  5. k-moe

k-moe Long timer

Oddometer:
    That's actually a great opportunity to teach another rider something that may improve his ability to enjoy riding. He saw something that did not fit his schema of how motorcycles work. Instead of remaining clueless, or attributing the event to "blind luck", he asked someone in the know (you) about what he saw.
  6. ShineySideUp

ShineySideUp Long timer

Oddometer:
    I ride a Victory Vision. Stuck in traffic the other day and the fella in the cage to my right says 'what model Harley is that'? I reply Victory Vision, made in Iowa. Him: Victory Vision is a Harley, never heard of that one :huh
  7. Starbucks101

Starbucks101 1 dark roast 2 cream

Oddometer:
    While riding a Vrod Muscle a kid in his Dads Porsche pulls up and asked if it was the new Honda Shadow. I just pointed to the huge HD badging on the side of the tank. Then I asked if he knew who designed the motor for the bike, he just shook his head. I tell him same company that made your dads car, Porsche. Then left him for dead when the light turned green. :thumb

I've been asked if it was cold out (riding in the winter here).

Asked if I would do a wheelie for the kids (in his back seat).
    Or course I will, you a cop??

Lot's of people ask, because they don't know what it is or who makes it, lot's have a friend who rides and they want to tell them what they saw, so they want the model and make etc.... One lady wanted to know why it said G0!!!!!!!!!!!!!! with so many exclamation points down the side of it. Spent 5 min explaining advertisement laws and how cigarettes are not allowed to be displayed on bikes, or tv now blah blah.....

[​IMG]
  8. wvtaco

wvtaco Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Rolled up to a back woods gas station. Cause I knew how far the next or was and didn't know if I could make it.
    Hopped off and noticed it wasn't pay at the pump. All I had was my card. Walked in and told her I need to prepay but I'm paying with my card. She goes ok how much you need. I replied about 2 and a half gallons. She smirked and said ill just turn it on, come back in when your done. Took 2.2 gallons, I was close. Wasn't really stupid just thought it was kinda funny.
  9. Patrol

Patrol VALE 46!

Oddometer:
    I still think I win with "Is that a motorcycle?". "No, it's actually an electric kangaroo fuckhead".
  10. wvtaco

wvtaco Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    When I'm dress up and carring my helmet. They ask u riding a motorcycle. I usually reply no miata.
  11. SnowMule

SnowMule still learning what is and isn't edible Super Supporter

Oddometer:
    I usually say "Snowmobile". :lol3
  12. henshao

henshao Bained

Oddometer:
    I let them know this is a space helmet :deal
  13. RidingDonkeys

RidingDonkeys Purveyor of Awesome

Oddometer:
    I stopped in Tuskegee Alabama today to take a picture for a tag game. I'm in my Aerostich with a hi-viz helmet, shield down. I pull up, hop off the bike to take the photo, and just as I'm about to snap the pic, I hear "Yo dawg, can you do a wheelie for us?"

I flip up the shield and say "Nope, I don't think that cop right there would appreciate it."

The two guys, early 20's, now see my face, look at each other confused, and one quickly says "Yo, why is a white dude from Cackalacky in Tuskegee?"

I reply "To take this picture."

They looked even more confused and just walked off.

Sent from the voices in my head and transcribed by their drinking buddy... now Free
  14. Chad_NC

Chad_NC Long timer

Oddometer:
    LMAO!!

You got this via Crapatalk :D
  15. Flyinace1

Flyinace1 Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Not a stupid question, just something I stupid I saw on craigslist

16. SloMo228

SloMo228 World Class Cheapass

Oddometer:
    :huh Pretty trusting - or naive.
  17. slartidbartfast

slartidbartfast Life is for good friends and great adventures Supporter

Oddometer:
    Southern Louisiana or Southern England or ...
    Rear Wheel Drive. Really?
  18. cliffy109

cliffy109 Long timer

Oddometer:
    I finally got the "riding a motorcycle? question yesterday. I almost laughed out loud. I work in the car business and was in the showroom and my pants, gloves and boots were already on. It was raining so I was just putting on my helmet when I got the question. I didn't want to be a jerk so I smiled and joked back, "No man, this is how I drive my car."

Well, I thought I was being pretty clear that I was joking but the guy got a confused look on his face and said, "Really? Oh, OK."

I tried very hard to let him off the hook and said, "No man, I'm just joking. Of course I'm on a bike." I said it with a smile in hopes that I didn't make him feel like the complete idiot that he was.
  19. SgtDuster

SgtDuster Long timer

Oddometer:
    Doh!

Missed this one
  20. btao

btao Adventure is out there!

Oddometer:
    I was in the Rip Van Winkle 300 Rally last weekend and there was a bonus tag on top of the ski area of an interesting rock carving of RVW. There were weddings going on and the mountain rides were closed until after the rally was over, so I hopped on the chairlift. I had no less than half a dozen people on the way down ask me if I was going Skiing.... I said yes, they were making snow on the north face. "Wow, awesome!"

:fpalm