Suzuki RV 125 Tracker

Discussion in 'Battle Scooters' started by helidude, Nov 16, 2009.

1. Bud Tugly

Bud Tugly Gnarly old curmudgeon

Oddometer:
    I bet that Suzuki 125 is a torque monster in that little frame.
  2. btcn

btcn Long timer

Oddometer:
    I bet your right! It looks pretty cool! Little thing will probably lift the front wheel up by accident! It doesn't appear much bigger than a Honda 70, but it has more gears, bigger tires and is 2 stroke!
  3. Speedo66

Speedo66 Transient

Oddometer:
  4. troutangler

troutangler n00b

Oddometer:
    re: mesa rv rentals

I own a northland industries trailer and I like it just fine
  5. troutangler

troutangler n00b

Oddometer:
  6. SilverBullet

SilverBullet Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Where are you guys finding tires for this bike?
    Front 5.40-14
    Rear 6.70-12

I checked all my online parts sites and found nothing. Suzuki still lists as available but prices are crazy high, over $400 for both tires and both tubes.

_
  7. SilverBullet

SilverBullet Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    and would someone please measure the outside diameter of both their front and back tires. I'm thinking I could possibly substitute an ATV tire if I know the height.

_
  8. Zecatfish

Zecatfish XTique Rider

Oddometer:
    That engine is identical to the TS125 engine.
    If so you should be able to get sme parts from dealers.
    Considering Suzuki built it up to 1983 or something.
    I had a TS125, as my first real dirt bike. I rode the piss outta that thing for years and carried me here and there through the woods. :clap:clap
  9. SPOFF

SPOFF Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    And probably a forever wait. I waited more than 6 months for a 23-inch front tire for a 1979 Honda dirt bike. And this was 30 years ago when the bike was still new. Today the Chinese make 23-inch tires as a matter of course. Try them for the odd tire sizes you seek.
  10. RustyRC

RustyRC n00b

Oddometer:
    I have one for sale. Complete bike w/o signals. Not running,broken front lamp,new clutch cable,needs front brake cable. no title for $500. same yellow bike like above.
  11. Mr.Goose

Mr.Goose Velvet Steamroller

Oddometer:
    My cousins had one growing up on the farm that we played with, there were RV90's with a dual range transmission High and Low with 4 gears in each. The RV125 is just the 4 gears. About 8hp and 2-stroke. Tons of fun AND street legal. My brothers bought one for nostalgia and I've had fun helping fix it up. It'll do about 50mph with me on it. In the US they were called Trackers. In Japan they were called VanVan's, which means "Go"? Later became 4 stroke and might have even come back to the US, but I have yet to see a US 4 stroke VanVan.

Kinda like a Honda FatCat or a Yamaha BW200, neither of which is street legal I think. Tires are hard to get and expensive, some close fits in ATV tires but not really. In the end we just paid out the nose for OEMS that we found online.

If anyone has spare parts, I'll pass your info onto my brother, he's restoring the bike now and really has it sorted out very well.
  12. Torben40

Torben40 Adventurer

Oddometer:
    Rusty RC ......HI can you contact me here about your yellow one for sale? Can you send pics? What state are you in?
    Thanks
    Torben
  13. Mr.Goose

Mr.Goose Velvet Steamroller

Oddometer:
    before
    [​IMG]

after
    [​IMG]
  14. TrophyHunter

TrophyHunter Long timer Supporter

Oddometer:
    Selling NOS air pump / tire inflator on ebay. Sold the RV to a buddy but he didn't want the pump.
  15. CMS

CMS Been here awhile

Oddometer:

The later modles of this bike are the VanVans, sold in England [4 stroke 125cc] and Japan [ same bike but 200cc] would like to see it here in US but at least a 250 cc engine. CMS
  16. tntmo

tntmo Oops, I did it again.

Oddometer:
    TrophyHunter recently sold me this beauty, I think it had three more miles on it than when he took the pictures he posted. I did a carb clean and adjust and she's running pretty darn good. It's a lot of fun to ride around town and is a conversation starter anywhere I stop.

Now to find tires....just not trusting the 40 year old tires too much.

17. Toothman

Toothman n00b

Oddometer:
    Sorry to revive an old thread but if anyone reads through this and is looking for tyres, I bought one of the rears a few years back from www.jp-parts.com in Japan, I think it was about $200 AUD delivered to Australia. Still haven't put the thing on yet, sitting in the shed in parts :cry

Cheers!

Oh, this is my first post as well :) Hello all!
  18. JerryH

JerryH Vintage scooter/motorcycle enthusiast Supporter

Oddometer:
    That Suzuki is sweet. Reminds me of a Yamaha TW200. But one thing I don't get. They used solid wheels (no spokes) and it STILL had tube type tires? I love that it is a 2 stroke, though I wish it were bigger. The biggest issues with the TW200 are it's tube type tires, no centerstand, and not enough fuel capacity. These simple to correct issues seriously limit what would otherwise be a perfect bike to ride long distances off road.
  19. Dezzie

Dezzie Been here awhile

Oddometer:
  20. Woodsrat

Woodsrat Gone ridin'

Oddometer: