Lock up your grandmothers

Discussion in 'New Zealand' started by McCardigan, Aug 20, 2012.

1. McCardigan

McCardigan happy Budda

Oddometer:
    In a bloody pub of course!, just don't exactly know were:freaky
  2. dirty dennis

dirty dennis are we there yet

Oddometer:

Thats just rubbing it in --- Prick!!:rofl
  3. McCardigan

McCardigan happy Budda

Oddometer:
    Tough titty!

Finally got the bike all sorted out. Now registered and insured, comprehensive with STAR $500 pa, new battery( current charging system OK) fairing and hand protectors fitted. Ready to rock and roll.

Leave tomorrow, guess what? bloody rain predicted, booked into a motel in Taihape tommorow night, AND Mt Rupehu is seriuosly rumbling and I have to ride pass it on Hwy 1. Knowing my luck the bastard will blow as I ride pass, less then 20k's away.

My last words may well reiterate the immortal words of the mayor of Hiroshima "what the f**k was that":lol3:lol3:lol3

Oh well, such is life:freaky

On the road again.
  4. chicky

chicky BMW Rider

Oddometer:
    Hey McCardigan ,,

Have great tour ....................:1drink

Keep us all informed back home ....:rofl

Chicky .....:lol3
  5. McCardigan

McCardigan happy Budda

Oddometer:
    Sure!

Which version do you want to subscribe to?

A Suitable for youir mother and members of the Cloth to read?

B Keeping the mods on their toes with finger poised?

C Send money for further info?

I await your reply:wink:
  6. Steve in NZ

Steve in NZ scared/cheap

Oddometer:
    Hey McCarrdy good hear ya got ya issues sorted at the start and not in the middle of no-where.:D Taihape you sure can pick the top notch towns to stay. Dont forget to do Taihapes world famous sport when your their. Should of gone further sth and stopped at Southwards car museum to waste a few hours.

Q. do u have internet access while ya out and about and what ya using or ya doing the internet cafe thing.

safe motoring. Steve

PS if ya get cold down sth they do a nice woolen jersey. Tell im ya want the David Bain model
  7. Postie

Postie kiwi

Oddometer:
    Well the show has hit the road, he's just left Katikati so watch out all those who are south of here. (Actually watch out anywhere, he may get geographically confused).:evil

Ian
  8. Steve in NZ

Steve in NZ scared/cheap

Oddometer:
    the good news is he probably will be never more than 160kms from the sea.

the bad news is he will probably ride around in ever decreasing circles.:rofl:rofl
  9. Kokopelli

Kokopelli Yeah, right!

Oddometer:
    I hope not, last time he did that it ended badly, for him, not the road.
  10. McCardigan

McCardigan happy Budda

Oddometer:
    Nothing wrong with Taihape, lovely little town, very comfortable motel (Aspen Crt) and boy was I glad to check in after crossing the High Desert in pissing rain all the way from Rotorua.

"'Dont forget to do Taihapes world famous sport when your their."

Sheep shagging? I could be so lucky!

Been to Southwards, but definetly going back, a world class museum:clap

Re internet access, I have my old faithful 10" Medion laptop, 5 years old, paid about $280 in Aldi. It's old, slow and cantankerous, just like me:lol3
    Bought a NZ dongle in Tauranga from Telecom for $59, but I try to stay in pubs or motels that have WiFi access.

Good Lord! Smugmug loves me! It will allow me to post photo's

Here is Heidi, my new German girlfriend:D
    In Ian's garage stripped down for some TLC.

[​IMG]

Mr Postie doing the wiring.
    [​IMG]

Aspen Crt motel tonight
    [​IMG]

The bike runs beautifully, I didn't pussyfoot coming over the High Desert Rd, in fact I tend to go faster in the wet, so long as I'm dry. Excellent fuel economy for a R80GS. Fueled up at Rotorua, 250k's to Tahiape, took 15.8 lts. Gives me over 500k's on the tank.

Thank god we fitted new tyres, the screen and hand guards, in hindsight should have fitted the heated grips, but didn't think it would get so cold this time of year. Wrong!

To be continued

a
  11. McCardigan

McCardigan happy Budda

Oddometer:
    Dad! hey Dad!

I'm at the back door, PLEASE open it.

You should be so lucky!!
  12. Steve in NZ

Steve in NZ scared/cheap

Oddometer:
    Taihape is a rural supply town and was at its peak during the 1960s when it was a railway and transport hub for the surrounding farming community. Much of its economic activity revolved around the railway and rural communities. A major decline occurred in the 1980s due to a restructure and electrification of the railway system and a general downturn in the farming sector. In recent years with the advent of major tourist attractions Taihape is now experiencing an upturn in local commerce. Its location on the North Island Main Trunk Railway and on State Highway 1 has ensured its economic survival. Taihape's main claim to fame is as the "Gumboot Capital of the World", and it attracts large numbers of people to the annual gumboot-throwing contest.

welcome to Queensland East, "Fine one day, pissing down the next"
  13. McCardigan

McCardigan happy Budda

Oddometer:
    Oh! so sorry:evil

I thought that the Gumboot statue as you enter town from the north was in honour of how the locals managed to have sex with a relucant sheep.
    Stove their hind legs down inside the gumboots, MOST IMPORTANLY, with the ewe facing forward, and away you go.
    Otherwise you have to kiss them:wink::wink::wink:

Touche'
  14. Steve in NZ

Steve in NZ scared/cheap

Oddometer:
    partly right and thats why the hills are so steep. Take im to a top of a cliff, they back up when they look over the edge, get much better penetration.:eek1

thats why we get so many Ozzies here, lands to flats in Oz. cant get in far enough.
  15. gsd4me

gsd4me 90% bluff

Oddometer:

From what I`ve heard, the sheep aren`t always reluctant, and some reckon it`s the best loving they`ve had.
  16. McCardigan

McCardigan happy Budda

Oddometer:
    G/day folk's

I'm in Invercargill, have taken shit loads of photo's, but struggle to find the time to down load them to Smugmug, then post them up on ADVR.

Having way too much fun:freaky:freaky:freaky

But here is something you don't see every day, parked in front of E Hayes and sons hardware in Dee st.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

But even the owner admits that it is pain in the arse to ride!

However, if he was to sell this bike and donate the proceedings to the NZ goverment, they would be debt free:lol3

AFAICT, this is a 1973 SFC.

[​IMG]
  17. clintnz

clintnz Trans-Global Chook Chaser

Oddometer:
    That is pretty!

Hope you had a good run down. Did you take the scenic route or just hwy 1 it?

Say Hi to my workmate Pilky if you see him - he was riding his hardtail shovelhead chop down from Kawerau!! Easily spotted by the red petrol can strapped on back left to extend the range past 160km :D

Cheers
    Clint
  18. Steve in NZ

Steve in NZ scared/cheap

Oddometer:
    probably on the back of a trailer ou a ute now
  19. McCardigan

McCardigan happy Budda

Oddometer:
    OK here I go with some great photo'd and why you need to get down here in Southland, Especially E Hayes and Sons Hardware.

I'll kick off here. All these following photo's were taken in the last 48 hrs at E Hayes and Sons Harware store

FUCK ME! THIS IS BLOODY HARD I HAVE OVER A HUNDRED PHOTO"S TO UPLOAD, AND ALL I GET IS A BLOODY RUN ROUND. but I will continue.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
  20. dirty dennis

dirty dennis are we there yet

Oddometer:
    Bet the display of Harleys is next to the hammers & Shifting Spanners section