First rides, farkles and fixes: show off your bike here!

Discussion in 'Tejas and the Gulf States' started by Supahflid, Jul 31, 2011.

1. backwoodsKLR

backwoodsKLR Ride more, Post Less.

Oddometer:
    Baby got some new shoes!!

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
  2. Anticyclone

Anticyclone Out

Oddometer:
    Keep track of your mileage. I'm curious. Which ones were those again?
  3. Trophy1298

Trophy1298 Vicarious Cowboy

Oddometer:

That is how it should come from the factory.
  4. Trophy1298

Trophy1298 Vicarious Cowboy

Oddometer:

Ummmmm.... he writes down EVERYFOOKINTHING
  5. Anticyclone

Anticyclone Out

Oddometer:
    KLR maintenance log-

December 8, 2012- detailed by Trophy.

December 9 2012- went mud riding.

:lol3
  6. RoyQ

RoyQ Long timer

Oddometer:

Those are going to be real nice....

for about 1500 miles:hide
  7. backwoodsKLR

Oddometer:
    quoted for reference.... :deal
  8. Rob Dirt

Rob Dirt Riding my blues away

Oddometer:
    Now you need to make a rear mud guard to protect the shock. I just super glued a heavy duty tube to the battery box & zip tied the bottom to the dog bones. If you decide to screw something to the battery box, then be sure to move stuff out of the way first.
  9. Anticyclone

Anticyclone Out

Oddometer:
    Please tell me this is purely a cautionary note and not the voice of experience talking.
  10. RoyQ

RoyQ Long timer

Oddometer:
    Your welcome and you are the guy who told me T63's go 4500 miles. I can barely get 1500 on a DR650 rear 80% off road. You may get more than 1500 but it won't be quality mileage off road because they will be rounded off and border line bald by then. Plus the triumph has more go than that KLR. Surprisingly my DR literally killed the T63 on the rear in no time.
  11. RoyQ

RoyQ Long timer

Oddometer:
    This reminds me of the guy who was going to mount his tag on the underside of his GSXR rear fender only he drilled the holes right through is ECU in the process.:lol3
  12. backwoodsKLR

Oddometer:

The T-63's on my KLR will go 4500 on rear and 9000 on front. Must be the rider or the DR... :lol3 Guess that is where the "YMMV" variable comes in to play.
  13. RoyQ

RoyQ Long timer

Oddometer:
    I guess so. I am typically easy on tires so maybe that DR had more power than I thought. I have a brand new T63 rear still in plastic that I guess I'll sell since I don't plan on using them anymore. Bikes for sale anyway.
  14. backwoodsKLR

Oddometer:
    Our of curiosity, what PSI were you running on the T63s? I was running them real low at first but found they last much better when around 28-30 instead of 18-25... But I got tired of airing up and down when I transitioned from off road to on road.
  15. RoyQ

RoyQ Long timer

Oddometer:
    I grew tired of the air up down thing and ran 29-30 rear and 25 front all the time even in CO. Rear gets real hot on pavement for any distance. My rear just evaporated with 250 miles in CO on it and the rest locally. At 1500 it's pretty much gone for off road on pavement it's still ok but going quick. I ended up with a extra one because they were on BO nationwide at the time and I bought one from kickstand. Never canceled the one I had ordered on BO and it showed up in OCT. :lol3

So I was stuck to run another rear but just decided to sell the bike since I just don't use it and for the most part can go same places on Super T if I need to. The DR to me felt just as big off road as the Tenere.:eek1 I am leaning toward K60 Scouts on Super T but gotta wear out a new Michelin anakee 2 first.
  16. backwoodsKLR

Oddometer:
    I almost went the K60's on the Tiger, but the 150 size has an annoying solid strip down the middle that causes them to wobble and follow asphalt snakes. DQ suggested dropping to the 140 that didn't have the solid center rib, but I just went full knobby to see how I like them.
  17. RoyQ

RoyQ Long timer

Oddometer:

Yep they have a nasty vibration on the Tenere under braking. I am still going to try them eventually even knowing that. The shaft drive roars now leaning left or right once the rear tire cups a little on the edges. I've learned to live with it for 15k miles. The Anakee II's have been great tires, used them in CO and UT but I aired them down, had to it was all over the place until I did that. Get 8k on a rear and front will go 2 rears I'm sure. Great thing about them is they are sportbikeish on the street up in the mountains. I've dragged everything but my sidebags and they are only about inch off the pavement.
  18. Rob Dirt

Oddometer:
    Not me.
    Some guys bought a universal mud sling that acerbis sells & mounted it with screws. They mentioned how easy it would be to screw something up on the inside.
    I just glued an old HD tube on mine. I can't believe it's still on there after 12k+ miles.

BW, did you figure out why your Tiger is hopping at 40?
  19. backwoodsKLR

Oddometer:

I did not notice it this morning on the way to CSC, but that is only 12 miles on new knobbies. Will have to see if it was just the Pirelli Scorpion...

Need to get my rear flap installed soon... I've seen an aftermarket rear hugger fender but figure it will just fill up with mud, if I get in any...
    [​IMG][​IMG]
  20. Rob Dirt

Oddometer:
    Those brake when used off tarmac. Do some research before you spend money on that type.