LED Auxiliary Lights

Discussion in 'Vendors' started by sanjoh, Aug 5, 2010.

1. sanjoh

sanjoh Long timer

Oddometer:
    New install on my airhead. Model 30s due to the low draw (the stator is a bit challenged).

We have the stainless mount that will work on most older BMW R and K bikes. Uses the existing stanchions on the forks.

[​IMG]

The wifes ER6N with model 44s.
    [​IMG]
  2. tiogajoe

tiogajoe Adventurer

Oddometer:
    Here's a pair of Johns LEDS on my Super Tenere. 44 flood on the right side and a 30 spot inboard. Hooked up to the wireless dimmer. At full power I'm not getting any flashing from oncoming traffic? Still not sure I have them aimed at the best position?? Very impressive at night! Turn them off and it looks like your driving with a flash light! John, Maybe you could chim in on some aiming tips?? Great product! $250 smackers total for lights,dimmer and mounts from techmount.

Attached Files:

3. Ginger Beard

Ginger Beard Instagram @motopossum Super Moderator

Oddometer:
    Hope everyone had a great Holiday weekend! :freaky
  4. RZMike

RZMike Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    I had a great weekend, got my new light! Can't wait to get it mounted and be able to see at night.
  5. fir_chan

fir_chan Little Red Dot Supporter

Oddometer:
    I just recieved my M44's and i am happy with the quality. I have yet to mount them on but ......

I have ordered another set of the M30's..... delivery here to Singapore was pretty decent!!!!:clap:clap:clap

Overseas buyers can be assured that you are getting a quality product with minimal hassle!!!!

Happy New Year!!!

May 2012 be filled with more rides!!!

Ride Free!!!!
  6. TO Scootz

TO Scootz Adventurer

Oddometer:
    John, I picked up my new lights and dimmer from the package forwarder, and they look great. HOWEVER, I also ordered the waterproof connectors, and they look great, but a bit complicated to put together. I went to your website and clicked on the URL for the connector instructions....but it's a dead link! Do you have a link that works? I checked 2allbuyers site, since he sells the same connectors, but his site is down because his wife's having a baby soon.:huh
  7. sanjoh

sanjoh Long timer

Oddometer:
  8. ShimrMoon

ShimrMoon Been here awhile

Oddometer:

Hi Sanjoh, just wondering if that 50.00 for a #30 has already been discounted for us ADV'rs, or are we supposed to mention a secret word at checkout for that price?

BTW, I want to put a set of the 30's low on my forks or fender area on my 2010 BMW RT. And I want to get some of those Xpel yellow covers. What else will I need besides the on/off switch? I was thinking of mounting them on Lumalink mounts...I'm going to install an aux fuse panel, blue seas, centec, etc...
  9. sanjoh

sanjoh Long timer

Oddometer:
    No secret word required for the model 30 sale. However if you buy other accessories, put in the "inmate" discount code for an additional 10% off.

Connectors and wiring should do it. Those mounts look interesting, you may want to confirm available space, on some bikes the forks come very close to the fairing.

Happy New Year!
  10. TO Scootz

TO Scootz Adventurer

Oddometer:
    "Very detailed" instructions received.:clap

Thanks, John.
  11. ShimrMoon

ShimrMoon Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    When you say connectors and wiring, I assume you mean the waterproof connector and waterproof switch. I don't plan on dimming my lights, just properly adjust the lights and the cagers will have to learn some coping skills.

Placing an order now....

And because I'm a dumbass, I only ordered 1 WP connector so I need another added to my order... I sent you an email.
  12. sanjoh

sanjoh Long timer

Oddometer:
    Got your order, thanks, email sent on the connector.

The yellow expels will take the edge off the light. The cagers will feel like the've been hit with a blunt object, rather than stabbed:D

Rode the airhead the other night and was getting flashed quite often on the 2 lane. Lights are aimed about 15ft in front of the bike.
  13. beechum1

beechum1 Dandole Gas al Burro

Oddometer:
    Ordered a pair today. Just in time for the great deal. Now, don't start selling them at 40$ in two days:deal
  14. Sunday Rider

Sunday Rider Adventurer Wanabe

Oddometer:
    Does the remote control dimmer maintain the same setting after the lights are turned off? Or do you have to adjust them each on/off cycle? So if set for 1/2 brightness will it remain that way, aside from the Hi Beam 100% on?

I have the lights pointing to the right, but getting some feedback from cars, but the most surprising one was from a fellow biker who was motioning at my lights and covering his visor...Was going too fast to see if he was serious or not.
    Thanks

Happy New Year
  15. FJRJO

FJRJO Adventurer

Oddometer:
    Once set to the brightness you desire the dimmer remembers your setting.Hope this helps.
  16. Sunday Rider

Sunday Rider Adventurer Wanabe

Oddometer:
    Perfect. That is what I was looking for.

Thanks
  17. subybaja

subybaja Long timer

Oddometer:
    I just slipped under the wire on a pair of 30s with the heavy brackets...but 'inmate' didn't work on the other stuff in my order. Is it still valid for non-sale items?
  18. sanjoh

sanjoh Long timer

Oddometer:
    Thanks for catching that, I'll refund the inmate discount to your pp acct.

Happy New Year:freaky
  19. subybaja

subybaja Long timer

Oddometer:
    Thanks! You too!
  20. Ginger Beard

Ginger Beard Instagram @motopossum Super Moderator

Oddometer:
    I just got back into town and wanted to say Happy New Year to everyone!! :ricky

Dave