The F5 Bivouac (rallye raid news) and W2RC - World cross country rally championship

Discussion in 'Racing' started by PackMule, Dec 23, 2009.

1. dashmoto

dashmoto Serial Tinkerer

Oddometer:
    We have a winner.

In the interests of clarity:

- I don't know Si Pavey by sight, so the fact he was there (and the assumption that it's him riding it in the video) is based on second hand info.
    - I did see Craig Bounds take it for a spin on the Saturday, but it's not Craig in the video.
    - I didn't get chance to corner Craig and talk to him about it, so I have no idea whether either or both of them have Dakar plans involving the TM or if it was just a joyride.

It's a very nice looking bike.
  2. italrally

italrally Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Ha, Ha, -and who is now paying me a bottle of champagne ?:rofl:rofl:rofl

some informations:

The TM 450 rally bike was build by a small TM dealer in Italy, Mr. Mauro Sant, his company is called memracing.
    The first prototype was ridden by the italian driver Luca Manca, he was the guy who had a bad crash with a KTM 690 RR at the Dakar , two years ago. This year, one bike ( i think, there is only one existing bike ) was ridden by italian driver Alessandro Zanotti at the Dakar 2012. But he was out in the second stage, i don't remember why, but no big crash.
    An italian motorbike magazin was writing a big review about the company and the bike and they wanted to sell some kit bikes, but i think they were more expensive than a good new KTM 450 Rally Replica. May be Pavey and Bounds are looking for this bike for the next Dakar ???

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
  3. Dread Pendragon

Dread Pendragon Tragic Donkey Throttler

Oddometer:
    Not sure if this was already mentioned in some thread:

Gordon's appeal denied:

[​IMG]
  4. Dread Pendragon

Dread Pendragon Tragic Donkey Throttler

Oddometer:
    Maybe this has been discussed in the Abu Dhabi thread, but I heard the Abu Dhabi organizer say that their race is as challenging as the Dakar, and it sounds like they are frustrated by how the Dakar makes them have their race at a time when it's a bit too hot.

Thoughts? (or smack me with a :205 or a :dhorse and direct me to where the topic has already been discussed)
  5. Deadly99

Deadly99 Fast and Far

Oddometer:

havent seen it discussed but there was a comment made on one the organizers videos...something to effect that there are more dunes than there are on the Dakar. They are probably right :thumb

It seemed like an innocent comment and not a put down of the Dakar. Maybe there is something else being said that I didnt see/read ?

Temps hit over 40 celcius on the Dakar so its not like the have the cool season :rofl
  6. JMo (& piglet)

JMo (& piglet) Unicorn breeder

Oddometer:
    I think it would be fair to say [and not be giving any secrets away] that Si and his team mate/s* will be on a Huskies for 2013 I'm sure...

*I'll let him fill you in on those details in the coming weeks/months, it's not my place...

Craig on the other hand - well, looks like he's 'testing' some options!

Jx
  7. Deadly99

Deadly99 Fast and Far

Oddometer:
    Sounds like there will be a small army of Brits at the Dakar next January :clap
  8. biggles0449

biggles0449 Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Craig/Tamsin have been snouting around on Dakar.com forum, asking about a KTM450RR for sale... more fuel to the fire of speculaton!

If that's the case.. then we would have 4-5 KTM450RR's in UK hands this year.. Pyndon, Clearandlock, Stan Watt x2, Craig...? Nice to know there's as tock of bikes building up, for when I feel magically rich enough to grab one!
  9. biggles0449

biggles0449 Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Ive heard that the team of Scottish riders that were riding with Patsy on the 08 cancelled Dakar are talking about going at it again now.. If all these rumours come true, we could have a hell of a presence in SA..

There were also some very strong rumblings of an ex SBK world champion having a go.... :wink:

Really would love to see the British Dakar scene taking off with a regular presence of 5-10 riders, it would really help in so many ways, for bringing on new talent and developing a deep knowledge base in the UK.

There were alot of Brits at Tuareg, but the Dutch and Belgian boys really showed us up!
  10. vander

vander full-time dreamer

Oddometer:

Maybe that's a TM, but the fairing is NOT the same on the green bike and the Dakar-TM. The ffront is different and the back also, with the exhaust pointing a lot higher on the TM.
  11. Deadly99

Deadly99 Fast and Far

Oddometer:
    Still makes me laugh :D

<iframe width="420" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/BIj5vDFqZzQ" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>
  12. skibum69

skibum69 slave to gravity Supporter

Oddometer:
    yup
  13. Brodovitch

Brodovitch Team ⌘R

Oddometer:
    all we need is for somebody to overdub the Benny Hill theme and presto... :lol3
  14. wrk2surf

wrk2surf on the gas or brakes

Oddometer:
    THE exact center of California/Bass lake/Yosemite
    it shows me the heart of two riders.. one I will never be a fan of because of it.. and one will always, always be a champ regardless of finishes

but a good clip none the less.. :freaky
  15. troy safari carpente

troy safari carpente f5ree sub-zero agent

Oddometer:
    you know something Brodo... you're right... it's a bl¤¤dy scream! :rofl:deal

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Gpc5_3B5xdk

turn down the sound on the original... and turn up the volume on this one... :evil it's Hill-f#¤%in'-larious! :lol3
  16. trailtrick

trailtrick goat trail rider

Oddometer:
    I did the same last week around fiambala, took me 2 hours to get unstock by myself,the hotel lady in fiambala SEND TO THE BACK TO HOSE MYSELF BEFORE CHECK IN :huh:clap:lol3
  17. wrk2surf

wrk2surf on the gas or brakes

Oddometer:
    THE exact center of California/Bass lake/Yosemite
  18. Flood

Flood F5lood.

Oddometer:
  19. troy safari carpente

troy safari carpente f5ree sub-zero agent

Oddometer:
  20. ArthDuro

ArthDuro quarantined