2014+ DL1000 Vstrom

Discussion in 'Japanese polycylindered adventure bikes' started by The Game, Sep 11, 2012.

1. todd900ss

todd900ss Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Lower price? Of the current model or the 2014.
    That's interesting news if it the 2014.
  2. BlueLghtning

BlueLghtning Riding is my passion

Oddometer:
    Peachtree City, GA and Full Time RV Travel
    There's 2 models of the new S10 coming out in 2014. Current model is losing the center stand as standard, although it still has the new motor improvements, but will still keep the same suspension it has. Other model will have the e-suspension and cruise control & centerstand standard. It's not clear yet if you can get the cruise without the E-suspension.

Not sure on the prices.
  3. squish

squish Waiting to see

Oddometer:
    Reliable source for your info? Round these parts most dealers had leftover S10 well in to this year. They were deeply discounting them.
  4. BlueLghtning

BlueLghtning Riding is my passion

Oddometer:
    Peachtree City, GA and Full Time RV Travel
    Well, the 2014 specs have already hit the Yamaha Euro site - http://www.yamaha-motor.eu/eu/produ...ture/xt1200ze-super-tenere.aspx?view=features

I guess its still up in the air if we'll actually see them here in the US, but hopefully so. Latest info I read is dealers should be getting info about US models in March?

There's also a 2014 S10 thread here on ADV where questions/answers can be better asked - http://www.advrider.com/forums/showthread.php?t=931828
  5. hoffy57

hoffy57 n00b

Oddometer:
    gday australians spoke to kessner suzuki Adelaide said march 2014 price just over $13,000 sounds too good to be true but i will be there :clap
  6. GrahamD

GrahamD Long timer

Oddometer:
    Good price if it's true. Half the price of a BMW. (The ones they actually import, not the advertised base model)
  7. snakebitten

snakebitten Small Town Hick

Oddometer:
    True. But it is half the bike, as anyone that rides the LC can tell you. :)

Sorry, couldn't resist.
  8. billmags

billmags Scoot Jockey

Oddometer:
    Why is it that Kawi and Yamaha's European websites are so polished and well done?
    The U.S. versions looks like a kid made them in 5 minutes back in 1997.

Rant over- sry.
  9. zuma

zuma Long timer

Oddometer:
    Half the price of a GS and twice as reliable, plus an extensive dealer network. If the VStrom had a European badge on the tank people would be raving about so much bike for so little money.
  10. GrahamD

GrahamD Long timer

Oddometer:
    That obviously mans that you don't need a wreck for spares.
    That's the real reason why people wait a year. It's so some wrecks are available before they buy one. :deal
  11. Pecha72

Pecha72 Long timer

Oddometer:
    a lot of expert opinions on the bike (and nothing new there)... but wonder if anyone has actually ridden this new version yet.
  12. Zapp22

Zapp22 ZAPP - Tejas

Oddometer:
    Nope. No real people.
    Which means they are not ready yet
  13. Kawidad

Kawidad Long timer

Oddometer:

Sad, but most likely true.
  14. disconnected

disconnected brap

Oddometer:
    :huh come on, im interested in seeing this bike, but I had a 06 Strom and after I had a 95 R1100GS. The BMW was 11 years older and out perfomed my strom in every manner and I had not 1 problem. Not a flame to the new Strom or any stroms, but there is a difference.

I am really interested in seeing the 14 1000 in person. :D

Much of the time I think there is an unfair comparison. Many big GS bikes have 100K plus and many of the other bikes have 20k, so typically, but not always much less. So I don't think its unreasonable for a bike with 100k to require some maintenance. :)

15. GrahamD

GrahamD Long timer

Oddometer:
    :eek1 I've heard about that bike. I thought it was just an urban myth.
  16. M0t0Rider

M0t0Rider Been here awhile

Oddometer:

:lol3 U need to read around on this forum more..there is one DL1k with 300k + and still going. But to address your statement above...your R11ooGS should out perform, it cost ya at least twice as much and did the maintenance....ohhh and I bet your bike was in the shop for all maintenance intervals to keep it running without 1 problem, you forgot to mention your mileage on the GS and the model Vstrom u own presently. Problem is .....the cheap bastards who buy Vstroms abuse the crap out of them and never take them to the shop till they fail cause there CHEAP!
    Ohh wait you got one too :lol3

SWEET HOME ALABAMA!
  17. lexluther11

lexluther11 Ride,Eat,Rest-Repeat

Oddometer:
    This is my desktop picture and the more I look at it the more I like it:D

[​IMG]

It seems more sleek than mine.

[​IMG]
  18. Bolzen

Bolzen Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Get the s10 dude, don't disgrace B.C. with that red thing w boxes :lol3
  19. Lu

Lu Adventurer

Oddometer:
    I have not seen anything on the alternator output. If they did increase it, we would’ve seen it on the specs or Suzuki would be bragging about it, which makes me believe it is unchanged, still 400 watts. Very disappointing :(
  20. Dalmatino

Dalmatino Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    I read something about improved more efficient alternator that provided better power at lower rpm's but no total increase.
    More would have been nice but for me it's all good. I didn't have a problem with my 08 but than I did not run any extra lights on top of my heated grips and power outlets for clothing, electrical charger and gadgets etc.

I cant wait till the bike show to finally see and sit on this thing. I was planning my South America trip on this thing next fall but now I'm reconsidering it and may add a DR650 specifically for that trip thinking it be a better choice.
    After 3 Vstroms since 2002, I finally gave up waiting for a new updated version at the end of last year and traded my 08 in on a BMW R1200R only for Suzuki to announce the new Vistrom few month later. I was a bit pissed but did enjoy the BMW for a short while.

Than As faith would have it do to number of weird serious problems over the summer (and only 2000 klmtrs) with the R1200R the dealer bought my bike back as a trade in at pretty much what I paid for it. Long story, good dealer, BMW not so much. After 3 bmw's in last 25 years, rest assured it will be the last one. FFUN motorsports in Saskatoon will keep getting my business. Looks like it may be 2 bikes this year.