Farnsy's Ohio TagOrama

Discussion in 'Central – From Da Nort Woods to the Plane States' started by dragoon, Mar 15, 2008.

?

1. .

2. .

Multiple votes are allowed.
Results are only viewable after voting.
  1. paulie77

paulie77 Gopher

Oddometer:
    Rules, we don't need no stinking rules. If someone wants to move it further away get on your bike and move it. Am I missing something??
  2. bikeridermark

bikeridermark Long timer Supporter

Oddometer:
    I planned on not using file photos this year, but that holds up the game when things are hot, guess I'm OK with dirt roads( I don't know what kind of things you are going to find for tags ). I try to put tags a fair distance apart most of the time, not always possible, but more likely this year, with more time available.
    I think, all in all, the game goes pretty well as-is.
  3. dragoon

dragoon I'm the REAL Dingo Joe

Oddometer:
    This game has been going on for almost 5 years now. Every once in awhile somebody wants to change the rules, add dirt roads, make gps coordinates, geocache, no file photos, etc. They usually get mad and start a dirt tag thread or a gps thread or a geocache thread etc, usually it's Luke :lol3 (he doesn't get mad). Add dirt roads you eliminate road riders, add gps coordinates only :snore, no file photos the game comes to a halt, geocache...Jesus Christ who thought that was a good idea :lol3
    IMHO we have the best game going. Everyone copies our rules, sure they all have better ideas but the usually come back to our rules. I only have a couple tags the last couple years but I'm always checking to see if there's something of interest.
    Just my opinion.
  4. bikeridermark

Oddometer:

:stupid
  5. Gonzo_Matt

Gonzo_Matt Random Hero

Oddometer:
    i agree with everything said aside form the dirt roads part. Is there really anyone who participates in the game who would not venture down a dirt road?
  6. dragoon

dragoon I'm the REAL Dingo Joe

Oddometer:
    I'm going with yes.
  7. MeefZah

MeefZah -------------

Oddometer:
    The only person I can think of is Biff's R and he has been AWOL for a long time.
  8. ArmyJoe

ArmyJoe Long timer

Oddometer:
    I don't get the no dirt road rule. The adventure / offroad is what sets us apart from other motorcycle interests. Otherwise, this thread could be on http://www.ohioriders.net.
  9. CBBaron

CBBaron Long timer

Oddometer:
    Im all for eliminating rules. Like the one requiring pavement only :rofl
    The rest of the rules are good as it stands.
    dirt roads would open a bunch of new tag possibilities and there are almost noone who has gotten a tag in the last few years who wouldnt ride a couple miles on dirt to get a tag. I would guess most would prefer a few miles on dirt. :D

But I would much rather see no changes than make any other significant changes.

Ofcourse I got 2 tags last year and was Bruced 2 other times. So Im not a significant player.

Craig
  10. 'Flagger

'Flagger ..this space for rent..

Oddometer:
    I say "No dirt".

If this was allowed where would the line be placed? There are normal gravel roads that might work. And there are roads like Stone Quarry and Bats Nest that just aren't reasonable roads for tag locations. How would we specify what's allowed?

And basing decisions on who is currently playing seems sort of elitist. New players aren't welcome?
  11. 'Flagger

'Flagger ..this space for rent..

Oddometer:
    Really? So the guy doing the ride report on a Panigale should go away? What about the members spending time in the Road Warriors forum? Should they be told to depart?

"Adventure" is not just what you ride or where you ride.
  12. CBBaron

CBBaron Long timer

Oddometer:
    Good point of road quality. I dont have an answer for that. Even saying be reasonable is hard because someone on a wrr may not realize that the road is very difficult for a rider on a cruiser.

Players have come an gone but it seems the road only riders in this or the Ohio thread have always been very few and atleast it seems to me getting fewer. With the exception of a few extreme examples like mentioned above a competent rider can travel most dirt roads in Ohio with about any bike. So the only reason they would not would be because they did not want to get dirty. There are not even many places where you would have to ride more than a mile of gravel to get to. Even a tag on Bats Nest or Stone Quarry would be accessible in dry weather by most bikes. You dont have to tackle the hill.

Craig
  13. CBBaron

CBBaron Long timer

Oddometer:
    The guy riding the Panigale has not been afraid of a little dirt road. :D

Craig
  14. jimjim

jimjim Just another FF!

Oddometer:
    Geezus! All I suggested was for new tags to be placed in a different county not to re-write the f'ing rules. My thinking was it might help prevent the tag from stalling in the same 1 or 2 counties for 8 straight tags but in reality it probably wouldn't have made much of a difference.

Carry on..........:1drink
  15. Just GO!

Just GO! I wish I were good at something.

Oddometer:
    Tag.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Round Bottom Schoolhouse and Cemetery. Located between Beverly and Coal Run on SR60, Washington County, Ohio, USA, Earth.

Next tag up in a few minutes.
  16. Just GO!

Just GO! I wish I were good at something.

Oddometer:
    Not that it matters to any of you FF's but here's my thoughts on the Tag rules in Ohio.

File photos are good. Maybe the best "rule" for the health of the game.

Setting mileage amounts between tags ain't good.

Jumping from one county to another ain't good either.

Gravel (dirt) roads would open up a whole new world of very cool tag locations but would be hard to control. There are some really nasty dirt roads out there as you all know. You might try it with some guidelines for a few months or a year to see how it goes. I wouldn't complain.

That being said, here's the next tag.........................

[​IMG]

The clues as to the location are in the picture.
  17. MeefZah

MeefZah -------------

Oddometer:
    Holy shit.....
  18. ScienceOfDirt

ScienceOfDirt U-Boat Rider

Oddometer:
    Nice! Do you have heated gear, or did you rough it?
  19. bikeridermark

Oddometer:
    Yay!! First tag of the year! I was going to try to go after it tomorrow. Kinda glad I don't have to go now.
  20. Gonzo_Matt

Gonzo_Matt Random Hero

Oddometer:
    Nice!:freaky