HPN Paris Dakar replica

Discussion in 'Airheads' started by adventure950, Jul 19, 2011.

1. adventure950

adventure950 Anglo-Saxon

Oddometer:
    And a side view, I reckon I will have the exhaust in place this week, all the little jobs and stands sorted in two weeks and then put the bike together with the correct engine and gearbox to do a dry run within 6 weeks, need to source a front brake disc, machine a brake bracket to move the caliper out to fit the new disc, Quite a bit of linishing and welding to finish off, then if it all test runs fine then its off to the paintshop for frame powder coating and paintwork. I have the seat material now so should start to get the seat covered next week. Loads to do to a finished bike but the light is no longer at the end of the tunnel its almost getting to the point that I will need my sunglasses on soon. :clap

Attached Files:

2. rediRrakaD

rediRrakaD Whoopdie do Supporter

Oddometer:
    Whew! that's some serious coinage:huh.
    Oh well, my fork was cheap enough (thanks Cap'n Ron!!!).
    Look forward to hearing about the source for the rotor.
    Nice work on the sub frame!! My tubing bender arrived, so it's time make some shapes.
    Where did you get your fork protectors (lower).
    Cheers,
    S.
  3. Padmei

Padmei enamoured

Oddometer:
    Great work. Love the sub frame
  4. adventure950

adventure950 Anglo-Saxon

Oddometer:
    Hi Redi my fork protectors came with the forks - I was going to replace them and spoke to Acerbis (the maker) they stopped making them many years ago and they are no longer available - one of the lads in a nearby off road shop reckons someone somewhere will still be making a copy - but I have checked every website I can and have not had any luck tracking them down. So these ones will be tidied up and re fitted. The left fork leg has a snapped bolt for the lower mounting point that someone has tried to drill out and knacked up so thats another little problem to overcome. These forks came off an early HPN and have different internals and springing to suit the gs set up by HPN - but I have not delved inside yet as they will be rebuilt after the dry test run.
  5. adventure950

adventure950 Anglo-Saxon

Oddometer:
    Cheers Padmei.
  6. igormortis

igormortis Cafe Reise

Oddometer:
    Looking great! Hopefully I’ll see it in the flesh someday... :wink:
  7. fosterb

fosterb Adventurer

Oddometer:
    Hey adv950, congrats on doing what most of us only dream about. Bike looks great so far.

Your mate that did the swing arm lengthening and strengthening did it with a mind to do more. Any ideas what he'll charge to do a double sided swing arm like yours? Reall like the idea of the double rather than the single. Would be great for two up overlanding. Has anyone seen a dual seat on an hpn bike?
  8. Airhead Wrangler

Airhead Wrangler Long timer Supporter

Oddometer:
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

...and two more:
    [​IMG]
  9. fosterb

fosterb Adventurer

Oddometer:
    very nice! thanks mate!
  10. rediRrakaD

rediRrakaD Whoopdie do Supporter

Oddometer:
  11. adventure950

adventure950 Anglo-Saxon

Oddometer:
    I have sent you an e mail re the twin shock rear end, it would be quite expensive as there is a lot of work and he would need to know what suspension your using - are you offsetting the wheel to fit bigger tyre etc but get back to me if your interested.

12. adventure950

adventure950 Anglo-Saxon

Oddometer:
    Moved on a bit with the build but unable to post any photos for some reason anyone any idea why this facility is blocked ? cheers Jake.
  13. hardwaregrrl

hardwaregrrl Can't shoot straight Supporter

Oddometer:
  14. adventure950

adventure950 Anglo-Saxon

Oddometer:
    Thanks hardware all looks very complicated to me shame as I simply wont update this forum anymore - But thanks for your help. I will try and have opened a smugmug account and see what happens but its like way out of my spectrum and I simply do not understand anything that they are saying on the way to share photos . I will give it a try and see what happens.
  15. adventure950

adventure950 Anglo-Saxon

Oddometer:
    I think the photos will come up in the next link, they show some progress, Firstly I covered the seat was a bugger took me two attempts to get it right in a two tone blue white with highlighted piping and white stitching. The sub frame has been modified a bit more to allow a new additional rack which was made up for the job - that can be fitted or removed as required, this slides into the rear of the fixed rack upper tubes and threaded bobbins welded on allow bolts to fix through the rack. A third fixing bolt is on the rear centre of the rack to give additional support. The bolts / bobbins will also be used as fixing points for the additional pillion seat pad which I need to recover and make up the mounting plate. The rack can be seen being slid into place then in place and also roughly all together with the seat pad, and mudguard thrown on. My soft luggage system fits really well on this system without need for additional side racks and the removable rear rack handy for longer trips as an additional carrying point. The only things left to do are mounts for the rear indicators which will go in the area straight underneath where the rear rack tubes slide in and then some holes sawn into the two plates between the sub frame down tubes. A bit of cleaning up of the welds and then the sub fram is all done - till the powder coating that is. At last.
  16. adventure950

adventure950 Anglo-Saxon

Oddometer:
  17. Lornce

Lornce Lost In Place Supporter

Oddometer:
  18. adventure950

adventure950 Anglo-Saxon

Oddometer:
    Thanks Lornce glad people are helping me along here computers really are not my thing. seems you have made it much easier than the sites own tutorial. cheers.
  19. adventure950

adventure950 Anglo-Saxon

Oddometer:
    A question to anyone that can help I have older 1989 white power forks - see pictures. The original brake caliper is a brembo twin pot but the disc only 235mm so I have got a 320mm disc but need a caliper relocating bracket, its costly to get one made up as a one off - but maybe someone knows if they are already out there somewhere ready made for these older forks - any help much appreciated.[​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]
  20. Padmei

Padmei enamoured

Oddometer:
    Well never thought I'd find someone even worse on the computorer than me:rofl

That seat is fantastic - & giving me ideas:evil