Kiwi Mostly On Topic - Off Topic Chat Thread.

Discussion in 'New Zealand' started by Shaggie, Feb 1, 2012.

1. innathyzit

innathyzit AKA Woodman

Oddometer:

In that colour scheme??????:puke1:puke1
  2. gsd4me

gsd4me 90% bluff

Oddometer:
    It certainly does explain why I went arse up last year.

PRODUCT SAFETY RECALL
    MITAS E-07 ‘DUAL SPORT’ TYRES: 19” FRONT TUBELESS SIZES

Mitas has identified a potential product safety issue associated with the tubeless seal of two sizes of E-07 tyres. Under certain conditions the tyre bead may leak air which could, in extreme circumstances, result in a rapid deflation of the tyre. Mitas has issued a voluntary recall of these tyres.

The issue affects all tubeless (TL) 19” E-07 tyres produced in 2011 and 2012, in the following sizes:

100/90-19 E07 Dual Sport TL 57T
    110/80-19 E07 Dual Sport TL 59T

Please note that ALL stock of these sizes sold in Australia is affected. No other tyres are affected.

Our records show that you have received tyres that are affected by this recall.

MotorcycleTyres will replace affected stock free of charge. We ask that you immediately quarantine any remaining floor stock of the affected tyres, and contact all customers that have purchased them to arrange replacements.

We expect stock of the improved version of E-07 within a few weeks. Alternatively we can offer E-08 or E-09 tyres instead. Alternatively, the affected tyres may be safely used when fitted with a tube.
  3. NordieBoy

NordieBoy Armature speller

Oddometer:
    Nah, we use 'proper' 21" fronts here.

After struggling this evening with a pair of fronts, I wonder how many bead failure tyre problems are self installed?
  4. gsd4me

gsd4me 90% bluff

Oddometer:
    I'm wondering how much carnage was caused before they realised something was wrong with them?
  5. Shaggie

Shaggie Unseen University Supporter

Oddometer:
    looking for an app for my phone...

i use RunMaker to record my running/hill walks and share this on FB

Was thinking today as my son and I cruised on the bike that it would be quite cool if there was a similar app for recording rides and then sharing them on FB too - anyone?

Just a quick n easy way of sharing wee day trips that dont warrant a full daytrip RR.......

:ear:ear:ear

S
  6. NordieBoy

NordieBoy Armature speller

Oddometer:
    Droid or iDevice?

I use SportyPal which has a driving option.
  7. Padmei

Padmei enamoured

Oddometer:
    I always liked Sportyspice best...

BTW it's good to see that the NZ forum has had a bit more use from others than us airhead rock gods.

Went to the docs the other day - I always said I'll diet & get serious about getting fit again when I reached 90kgs (racing weight was about 81-82kgs. I weighed in at 90.4kg - bugger.
    Had to go again this morning - Ha! I said - i've eaten heaps & haven't done any exercise for a week - I must be lighter - I weighed in at 91kg.

Fcuk

As you were.
  8. Box'a'bits

Box'a'bits In need of repair Supporter

Oddometer:
    A comparative lightweight then. :huh
    105kgs
  9. bart-nz

bart-nz Long timer

Oddometer:
    I had the same deal. I said when I reached 100kg I'd do something about. The choice was give up beer or start exercising. After thinking about it long and hard, I started running when I hit 103. Been running for a few weeks. It's pretty ugly, but I've finally got to 5km without stopping. Now I weigh in at 99kg, I can stop worrying about it. Back to being a slouch. :wings

But seriously, my goal weight is your fat weight. :huh
  10. cooneyr

cooneyr terra firma rider

Oddometer:
    Bah - you lot are a bunch of lightweights. I worked 65 hour weeks, did no exercise and ate too much last year - 116kg at the moment. Awesome result - NOT. 110kgs was always my must do something weight - Opps guess I blew past that one!

Went to the quacks the other day about other matters and got told I should be about 86kgs. I've not been that since I was about 15. Rugby, alpine climbing and cycling meant I put on weight not lost it.

Started cycling over the holidays around Nelson. Been for two quick spins down here to try and keep it going.
  11. Shaggie

Shaggie Unseen University Supporter

Oddometer:
    iphone

will have a gander - ta mate
  12. igormortis

igormortis Cafe Reise

Oddometer:
    Try one called Greatest Road. Might be what you're looking for.
  13. ztaj

ztaj Jatz

Oddometer:
    *rushes to find scales*
    Woohoo:clap back to my pre smoke free weight....86kg. I was up around 110 after knocking off the smokes
    I wouldn't recomend the weight loss program I followed though :wink:
  14. Padmei

Padmei enamoured

Oddometer:
    Yeah it's not the weight that matters to me - it's just the threshold i gave myself knowing that I always hovered below it when doing manual work & regularish mtbing - bugger xmas overeating. Also the fact that it doesn't spread out evenly on my body but concentrates in a nice round baby belly.

Good stuff Bart getting out there running - it's not usually the first run that's the worst but the 2nd & 3rd ones that feel like forever. I reckon there would prob be as many pulled archilles/ hammys in the week after new year as there aer the few weeks before footy season starts.:lol3

Anyway it's about 30deg outside so i may as well saddle up & suffer up Bayview rd.....
  15. Kokopelli

Kokopelli Yeah, right!

Oddometer:
    Do any of you guys know much about concrete drives? The dry weather has made some of the soil shrink away. Now I am concerned that this will cause it to break up. Also of concern is the thickness of the concrete. It looks more like 75mm to me, instead of the 100 mm it should be.

[​IMG]
  16. DLRuapuke

DLRuapuke Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Could be any number of problems...................
    How old is it - dont look to ancient by the pics !
    Has it R-mesh through it at all ?
    Has it cracked on the surface ?
    Is it one pour - you know from a big rotating drum truck thing ?
    Certainly wasnt tamped and jiggled as per normal - the sides / outside edges are a give away !
    Yeah probably should have been the 100mm depth - though some have been known to be less !
    The cement / shingle brew AKA " concrete " - I use a 6:1 ratio and have never had an issue
    this seems to be standard
    Some say if its a good brew and 100mm thick / consistant mix and layed as boxed sections - this should suffice
    for light vehicle traffic ?
    Me - I always use reinforcing mesh
    Never had a failure on me drives
    Paths - still use 100mm depth but no R mesh - overkill perhaps but sure as shit aint doin it again !
    Good luck with it
    Gary
  17. Kokopelli

Kokopelli Yeah, right!

Oddometer:
    Thanks for the quick response.

I was quoted for a 100mm drive with mesh. The question is, do I have to suck it in, or do I have some comeback? Would you try to shove some fine scoria under it?
  18. innathyzit

innathyzit AKA Woodman

Oddometer:
    Looks to me like Padmei has been standing on it. Haven't you noticed he has put on a bit of weight lately?
  19. Kokopelli

Kokopelli Yeah, right!

Oddometer:
    He is an internet ghost, I doubt that he can put on weight:lol3.

I've put on more than I'd like to have, a year ago I was at 78kg and now it's more like 82kg. Way too much. I am working on it. But in the mean time, I'll stay of that section of the drive.
  20. Underground

Underground unbefuckingbelievable

Oddometer:
    That looks like a bad concrete job to me,and I know about concrete.
    Its full of air -lack of or no vibration.
    and its been laid on uncompacted ground.
    Tell them to rip it up and do it again properly.