Hot weather gear

Discussion in 'The Perfect Line and Other Riding Myths' started by oldtrout, Apr 13, 2013.

1. Ranger Ron

Ranger Ron Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    The marine squeeze bulbs are usually for 3/8" tubing and are larger than the one I use. Another source might be a medical supply outlet.

Gloves:
    Over the years, I think I've tried just about every brand of mesh glove that would fit me (wide hands, short fingers). I never found any that were satisfactory, primarily for the reasons you state. So, a couple of years ago I decided to just wear my Elkskin Competition Ropers into the summer to see how that would work out. I thought they would be really hot but they've worked out better than I could have hoped. With them, my hands get hot, to a certain point, but they don't seem to get any hotter than when I was using mesh. I no longer own any mesh gloves. BTW, temperatures are above 110° here now.

Ron :D
  2. stevie99

stevie99 That's gotta hurt Super Supporter

Oddometer:
    Texas, the baseball capital of the universe.
    [​IMG]

Held Airstream works pretty well and offers decent protection.
  3. motorat

motorat Is it raining

Oddometer:
    [​IMG]
    stolen from killboy thread
  4. klaviator

klaviator Scooter Trash Supporter

Oddometer:
    I'm surprised no one has mentioned a cooling vest. Not as effective as a wet T shirt but lasts a lot longer.

[​IMG]
  5. Kinsman

Kinsman Ribs....for her pleasure

Oddometer:
    I've used the 'dump water in my jacket' routine and it actually works pretty well. I think I might try to cobble together a system like Ranger Ron did. Ig a guy didnt have to fiddle much to flow a little water, that might be a pretty good solution. Simple and very effective.