Adventure in Ohio?

Discussion in 'Central – From Da Nort Woods to the Plane States' started by somecallmetim, Nov 14, 2003.

1. mgorman

mgorman Crashing since 1964

Oddometer:
    That may have bee me
  2. mgorman

Oddometer:

Let me know when you're going back, I am hoping to get in a good ride this weekend, maybe ANF or WNF
  3. swingset

swingset Got the knack.

Oddometer:
  4. OhioPT

OhioPT Adventure Wannabe

Oddometer:

Will do. I rode there last Sunday from my house on my Berg and the trails were in good shape. I might go this weekend, but it's awefully hot out to be riding less than 15 mpg average speed. It would be much cooler to ride ANF or WNF were you can at least generate a breeze. I still want to take my V-Strom to ANF for some trail riding this year. I'm interested to see if I have enough ground clearance for the one-way bike trail in Marienville.
  5. Alacrity

Alacrity Semi Pro Bar Vaulter

Oddometer:
    It was cool for Swing and Gorman to let me eat their dust. :wave I balled up on the first big downhill - had a yard-sale - and didn't see them until lunch.

Gormans right - the trails kicked ass - esp for Ohio (least the first half, had to bugout at lunch), - sooo in next year. I just won't bring a dual sport to a "dual sport" ride.:D

Eating lunch with Gorman taught me more about XR250s than I knew from everything prior - shoulda had lunch long ago. Maybe Blue aint my color - but neithers Orange...they DO look all alike. Must shop at the same place. Hell, I I caught this guy and followed him for a couple sections only to realize ... it wasnt Gorman. The fact I had caught and was hanging shoulda clued me in earlier :lol3

Didnt realize you were there Buildit - didnt see FHC either. Nice job on the Caveman section - I'll echo Swings thoughts on diminishing returns tho. I'm working more dead-lifts into my routine seeing the frequency I'm picking up my bike .

Need to do more of this shit - what's next? - Meh already answered
  6. miketv

miketv Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Sorry I missed some of you folks, managed to catch Swingset @ the end of the Caveman section. I was standing in the sun sweating my nads off to give a check to the passing riders. If anyone happens to run across a Katoom EXC rider with the number 119 on his side number plate, please feel free to punt his jewels for me, what a jerk... Everyone else was super cool and a BIG THANKS to the ZTR crew for putting on a GREAT ride!

Swingset, wish ya could have been around for a really nice face plant from yours truly. Spaun rated it at only a 8.5, CHS was not impressed, I felt it was worth at least a 9, next time Swingset, can ya help a brutha out???? The talcum covered uphills were killin me, not something to try and poke up fer sure, hammer down was the werd. We made it to "lunch" around 1300hrs, I bugged out shortly there after. Next year I'm gonna chase Swingset around so I don't feel so bad :lol3
  7. buildit

buildit Guns, bikes and Bows

Oddometer:
  8. rob748

rob748 resident alien !!!!

Oddometer:
    that wasn't me
  9. buildit

Oddometer:
    Sorry, it just looked so............ British. :lol3 Darn KTM riders all in black and orange look alike after a while. If you gotten the Yamaha I could recognize you easier, Orange on Blue :rolleyes
  10. Whitey1

Whitey1 Long timer

Oddometer:
  11. swingset

swingset Got the knack.

Oddometer:
    They do fill up and turn to shit in the mud. Watched a few guys running trials tires hit some snotty stuff at Flint Ridge and they were squirming all over the fucking place.
  12. 'Flagger

'Flagger ..this space for rent..

Oddometer:
    I also know that many of you FFs aren't hockey fans, but this should help get the puckheads among us get through the next 11 weeks.

<iframe width="560" height="349" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/kHqetXhgLuI" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>
  13. MeefZah

MeefZah -------------

Oddometer:
    Videos look good, Luke.

I see your taste in music is improving. Slightly. :lol3 WAAAAAARRRRRR!!!!!!

http://youtu.be/V6so82Mtf_M

Funny, I was watching the videos and Meredith was studying in the same room, and I looked up to see her staring at me as you were in the background laughing on the video. "Is that fucking Luke?", she asked. :lol3 She could ID you by your laugh!
  14. Whitey1

Whitey1 Long timer

Oddometer:
    Are you sure you are safe working nights? Sounds suspicious.

:lol3
  15. buildit

Oddometer:
    I've spent years getting it that particular sound without the added snort through the nose. :lol3 Actually I used to belly laugh like a drunk viking and you've seen my belly! :evil
  16. MeefZah

MeefZah -------------

Oddometer:
    Hmmm. You make a good point. Perhaps I will have to come home unannounced in the near future.
  17. Whitey1

Whitey1 Long timer

Oddometer:
    :lol3
  18. mgorman

Oddometer:

Saw the video, that was me

Maybe we should have ridden the 640s so he'd be able to pick us out
  19. mgorman

Oddometer:
    The worse thing to do is ride a bike that will wear you out. Poor suspension will beat you to death. Horsepower can work both ways, too little and you struggle on the big hills, too much and you spend more energy holding on than riding. Can't remember how tall you are but a bike with an e-start might be beneficial even if it does add a few pounds. Someone mentioned the number of big thumpers out there with riders who couldn't re-start them.
  20. buildit

Oddometer:
    That would have helped. You look short in the video, I thought it had to be Rob.:lol3 No offense Rob, your riding skills always leave me looking up to you.:bow Besides Mike, I never knew you were so theatrical.:D