Central Arkansas ride planning and whatever else thread

Discussion in 'Tejas and the Gulf States' started by Mister D, Oct 18, 2010.

1. MartiniUp

MartiniUp Long timer

Oddometer:
    Would have been happy to help with just a little notice.
  2. arkansawyer

arkansawyer Long timer

Oddometer:
    stevenaceracing.com
  3. Wudsracer

Wudsracer Momentum is your friend.

Oddometer:

Patrick!
    Great to see you here. I need to visit more often. Reggie is keeping me informed on the physical trail situation at Breezy Hills, and Blanco is telling me more about the club/FS situation. (and I'm still on the mailing list)
    I sure miss that place. I hope it gets back to where we can ride there whenever we want, again.

How long have you had the 950? Like it?
    Let me know when you are headed north.

Jim
  4. Wudsracer

Oddometer:
    Hi Jeff,
    I think I saw you out there a couple of weeks ago. Glad to "meet" you.
    The club is meeting in North Little Rock tonight.
    The forum is at www.arkansasdirtriders.com .

As far as I know, they are meeting at the gas line right of way every Saturday morning (leaving on/for trail work at 9 am) working on clearing the trail of storm damage. I was told that they still need a lot of work on the north east part of the property, but the only way I can find the route, except for the 7 miles over Big Nasty Ridge for which I'm personally responsible, is to go out with the work parties. (They change the main trail route for the race a bit each year.)
    I'm sure that if you showed up and told them you want to help work, they would welcome you to join them. They were happy to see that Memphis rider who showed up to work a couple of weeks ago.

If you see me, say Hi. I'm going to be riding with a son and grandson(s) this coming Saturday morning. We will probably park on the side of hwy 7 by the yellow gate.

Good Riding!
    Jim
  5. arkansawyer

arkansawyer Long timer

Oddometer:
    That wasn't me a couple of weeks ago. I haven't been riding in a while.
    I find out tomorrow if I have to work Saturday. The 3 lane portion of 7 is where I get onto Ross.
  6. Navaho

Navaho Long timer

Oddometer:
    Hey Jim. I bought the 950SM in June 2011. It's a blast. Awesome motor! Suspension is a bit harsh. I've revalved the entire setup twice to soften it. It handles great on our rough roads. Even gets me down the gravel roads in AR.
    [​IMG]

Yeah, Breezy is moving along now that we have some new motivated members. They are working trail this weekend. I may come up to AR for Easter weekend if I'm healed. Been fighting a shoulder strain for 3-weeks.
  7. Wudsracer

Oddometer:
    I like that photo. Beautiful fall colors!

I will be tied up for Easter weekend with family activities, but the next weekend is the Wudi15. Maybe you can join us.

This year's Wudi Ride is coming up next month, April 5-7, the week after Easter. (and probably a day or two earlier) There is even going to be a dual sport contingent at the ride this year. (hopefully Devro among them). Combs, AR is a great starting point for DS riding, as well as the mountain single track riding.

Wudi15 information web page:
    http://www.jebruns.com/Wudi15/wudi15.html

Wudi15 forum:
    http://z13.invisionfree.com/WUDI/index.php?showforum=7

Tell everyone who might enjoy it to come join us. Tell the DS contingent of the Breezy Hills club about it. (I was thinking of Ronnie Cambre, especially.) I'm bringing a couple of pure dirt bikes and also my plated KTM 520EXC.

Good Riding!
    Jim
  8. Mister D

Mister D Peg standing idiot

Oddometer:
    I rode with Devro one time. I think that guy knows every inch of this state. That was a good ride.
  9. Mister D

Mister D Peg standing idiot

Oddometer:
    Hey Jeff, thanks for the tip on the flat track being on May 18. I love that stuff. The next weekend, I'm gonna head up to the Springfield Mile for the first time.
  10. MartiniUp

MartiniUp Long timer

Oddometer:
    I hear Ronnie has gone to the gym and is down to 200lbs, 33 inch waist and a very pretty boy now!!!
  11. Wudsracer

Oddometer:
    I was finally able to put the 520 EXC through it's paces yesterday. We (family ride, with two sons and two grandsons) rode at Hwy 89 raceway (north of Little Rock and east of Mayflower) and mostly stayed to the rocky hills in the back left part of the property. I was very favorably impressed with the 520. And, anything I found that I wish were different would NOT apply to DS riding.

That climbs up almost impossible steep rocky climbs with no momentum. Hell Yes!

Good Riding!
  12. Navaho

Navaho Long timer

Oddometer:
    Jim, I know what mean. I picked up a street-legal '07 450 EXC for dual sporting. It's been a great bike for the kind of riding I like, and I'm confident in the durability of the RFS motor. I wish I had bought this in '07 and had skipped the heavy ds bikes altogether. This bike is twice the fun.

The WR450 is still my favorite for single track because it is more stable at a faster pace.
  13. Navaho

Navaho Long timer

Oddometer:
    Yeah, he's slimmed down but I don't know about "pretty" :huh :lol3
  14. Wudsracer

Oddometer:

I got this '01 520 particularly because of the RFS engine. I did not want a MX based engine, with their shorter service intervals and high maintenance costs. I really like the low rpm wheelies, too. :-)
  15. MartiniUp

MartiniUp Long timer

Oddometer:
    If you are not already aware, be sure you run the chain exceptionally loose. A friend expladed a rear hub once very, very deep in the woods and it was a real chore retrieving it. And an expensive repair. Otherwise that is a great bike, actually very easy to ride quick in the woods.
  16. NateLePain

NateLePain The Illegitimate Painter

Oddometer:

You were about about 2 miles from my place. I've never ridden there simply because my kids can just as easily ride around my fields and if I load up the bikes, I"m likely headed north to Brock Creek. You may already know that there is a new ORV riding area off, I440. North Little Rock ORV

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/OkRIiScYkjE?rel=0" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Thx...nlp
  17. MartiniUp

MartiniUp Long timer

Oddometer:
    Wonder what that will look after a summers worth of side by sides?
  18. dogjaw

dogjaw plays well alone

Oddometer:
    Will probably be better for bikes this summer after the mud had had a chance to dry a bit; the sideby's have got it pretty chewed up right now...
  19. Wudsracer

Oddometer:
    The area is often flooded. I figure it will mostly be an atv and utv muddin' trail.
  20. Wudsracer

Oddometer:

Thanks for the tip.

Good Riding!