Schuberth C3 PRO available

Discussion in 'Equipment' started by bastimentos, Oct 9, 2012.

1. TorontoBrit

TorontoBrit TorontoBrit

Oddometer:
    I went into my dealer 2 days ago to try it on, I was all set to buy it, but the fit just wasn't right:(:
    I fit Shoei and Arai just fine, but I found the Schuberth too round, and the chin bar wayyyyy too close. So unfortunately sticking with my Multitec.
  2. sarhog

sarhog Ride far...

Oddometer:
    I you referring to the new C3 Pro, or the "regular" C3?

I've heard that complaint a lot about the regular one. I had been led to believe that the "Pro" addressed that issue...
  3. docwyte

docwyte Long timer

Oddometer:
    Yep, the new C3 Pro still has fitment issues. It's still a very round helmet. I didn't get the typical hot spot on my forehead, but got it on the back of my head.

I also echo the complaint above about the helmet being extremely close to my nose/chin.
  4. stoke

stoke ocean minded

Oddometer:
    Is there any difference on where the strap lands under your chin between these two helmets?

I really wanted to invest in a C3 at the time and even took one for a test ride, but the strap on it ended up going right across my adam's apple. Felt like it was choking me.

Got a Neotec instead. I love the helmet except for two things:

1) Fog machine without the pinlock in

2) Lollipop style huge outer shell
  5. MacNoob

MacNoob piney fresh

Oddometer:
    I thought I was the only one!
  6. stoke

stoke ocean minded

Oddometer:
    No man...it was ridiculous. I had to loosen the strap to unsafe levels to make it back from the test ride. I felt like something was wrong with me!

I guess I could have a huge adam's apple or something...it's just that the strap was too low on my neck.

I really wanted to get a C3. I'll be interested to see if anyone can post up about this.
  7. Bobby Ginger

Bobby Ginger Cat Herder

Oddometer:
    Picked up my C3 pro today. I can say this helmet works for me. This is only my second helmet so I am a bit of a gear noob. I bought the brand name because there is a serious lack of gear where I live unless you are a squid. I bought it for the noise, or lack thereof. My ears have sustained enough damage from living in a steel tube for months at a time, and I do not enjoy riding with earplugs in. I did notice the chin strap issue but after I start riding I no longer notice it. I think something to remember that even though it is an expensive helmet, not all heads are the same and they cannot design a bucket that works for everyone. I got mine in Hi-vis, I never want to hear "I never saw you" excuse. <?xml:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:eek:ffice:eek:ffice" /><o:p></o:p>
  8. Dan-M

Dan-M Long timer Supporter

Oddometer:
    I'd like to hear this from someone who actually did the switch. It is the omly thing I don't like about the C3. Two hours in and I'm cursing. Any ride longer than that and I grab the OGK.

edit: just read the reviews on revzilla - may be worth a $49 gamble.
  9. sarhog

sarhog Ride far...

Oddometer:
    I had the "mark of Shuberth" on the forehead with my C3. I emailed Shuberth and suggested that an S2 liner might help me. They sent me one free of charge. I've only ridden with the S2 liner twice so far, but it's an improvement.
    I'm happy.
  10. birdie_xx

birdie_xx Long timer

Oddometer:
    From the video above, the strap in the C3 Pro has been moved forward.

Cheers,
  11. stoke

stoke ocean minded

Oddometer:
    Huh. I wonder if it would work for me now. Great. Just when I'm happy with the Neotec I'm going to have to look at one of these and it will probably be awesome.
  12. TSD

TSD Adventurer Wannabe

Oddometer:
    Had a C-3 for about a year, couldn't get past the forehead pressure issues. Tried my best to make it work; tried all of the suggestions - no go... Ended up selling it.

Had the oortunity to try the C-3 pro today, in the presence of the Schuberth rep. Road about 45 mins with the "demo" helmet. Still had lots of pressure and the "redesign" made little difference. According to the rep, the liner has changed, but the underlining structure of the helmet has not. Still aimed at the round vs. oval head.

Bottom line, for me, just doesn't fit well. Schuberth rep indicated that there will be a modular helmet out in a few years with a redesigned fit - more oval. For now back to the Shoei.
  13. 10/10ths

10/10ths Road Trip Fool Supporter

Oddometer:
    ..I have a VERY long oval head.

The Arai Signet-Q is the only helmet in the world that truly fits my head.

I tried on a C3 and it hurt my forehead, left the "Mark of Schuberth" and the strap choked my Adam's apple.

I just tried on a C3Pro at the MotoGP in Austin over the weekend.

It fit much better, still tight on the forehead, but it felt like it would be alright in time. I wore it for about ten minutes.

The new chin strap was MUCH better. No Adam's apple choking.

So, it appears to me that they have fixed the issues.

I do not own either, I have only tried them on in a shop.

Cheers.
  14. Paulie

Paulie Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Jest got my white C3 Pro (EU not DOT) delivered. DHL also brought it yesterday but they wanted a signature. Very fine service from http://www.motardinn.com/ - only 5 days! And ~$100 less than domestic. :D

Feels betta than a C3 I tried on, reel tite & lite. Hopefully it'll agree with my noggin afta a long ride, which'll be awhile - my Conc is undergoing PM.
  15. gkgeiger

gkgeiger Every ride is an ADV

Oddometer:
    My local BMW shop had an open house today and the Schuberth truck was there. She measured me, and I tried the helmet on, it felt great. They had a sale price of $50 off so I bought one for me and one for my wife.
  16. simmo0020

simmo0020 Adventurer

Oddometer:
    I have one and really rate it, I have fitted the SRC system which works really well, the FM radio is a great improvement over the standard C3 due to the integrated AE in the helmet.
  17. BTL

BTL No more snow!!

Oddometer:
    St Albert. Alberta Canada. IBA Member 50093
    Here is my 2cents worth. I purchased new C3Pro for my fly n ride that just happened this weekend.

I went from a medium shoei quest M helmet to M C3 Pro. The helmet fitted perfectly and I gave it a serious workout.

I rode 3 10+ hour days without any discomfort with helmet at all. No hotspots, and I wear glasses, again without any issues.

The helmet is super light and very very quiet. Venting is great, with plenty of airflow across head.

2nd day of riding was 10 hours of solid heavy rain and helmet performed very well.

Other than price, I can find no flaws at this time and this should prove to be a very good helmet for a long time.
  18. larrylarry75

larrylarry75 Aye Chihuahua

Oddometer:
    I wore a C3 medium for several years and oddly enough never had fitment issues. Back when I bought it I had to go through Designer Helmets in the UK as Schuberth wasn't available in the US. Recently I ordered a C3-Pro from RevZilla in medium but had to exchange it for a large because of the tight forehead squeeze. Before doing so I installed a set of the large size pads but of course they don't do anything for gord size, thought I'd try it anyway. The large size is better all around and I've decided to keep it for really nasty weather riding but in the mean time....

I bought a Shoei J-Cruise in medium and it's great! The size fits me [you?] and I think the overall fit and finish is easily on a par with the Schuberth. Usually I like to wear an open-face lid during warm weather and especially on my annual long distance tours - 10K-15K miles*. In years past I hauled the C3 along with an Arai SC/Z open-face which I wore nearly the whole time; hard rain storms being the province of the C3. This year will be different, the J-Cruise design leads me to feel confident it will be much better in gnarly weather so the C3-Pro stays home. Maybe forever? Not....but the Shoei is sure one helluva nice lid.

LL75 :evil

*Bikes used for touring, past & present: Ninja 650R with windshield, Aprilia Pegaso 650 w/hack, Vulcan Classic 900, Goldwing 1800, for 2013 Honda NT700V.
  19. Zynth

Zynth Adventurer

Oddometer:
    Question for the C3 pro owners!

Is it possible to ride with the helmet open? (not only the visor).
    Up to which speed is it possible?

I am used to do that with my C2, and want to keep that "feature".
    With my C2 I have to close it at around 50mph.
  20. Tancakar

Tancakar Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    I have a c3 pro on the motorway at 75mph I open it to see how it's deal with it not even moves very good no problems with that. I have a bmw k1600gt se

However I have got different problems.

I bought for me and my wife c3 pro & c3 woman pro, our old helmets are shoe xr1100.

The helmet is not quiter then xr1100 I don't know what they are banging about I have earplugs and could hear the whistle from the wind.

No buffeting , a lot of air in it when needed.

The helmets hurts the head so bad I am really struggling to understand what exactly does that. The dealer say it will hurt first then it will wear off but it has been 1 month of everyday riding still my ears are killing me and my wife's had got a bruise on her head. So I am very sad about all this don't know what to do. I have got a k1600gt with OEM screen we are not having fun. The helmet is almost louder then the xr1100, but in a way the voice is more bass.

I am afraid I am going to sell them because I can't give them back now it has been a month . They are still very tight. Fore head is not hurts just the sides I am regretting to spend 1000£ on a helmet. I normally change every 4 years :(

I should have bought a Arai or shoei

So people be very carefull when you buying schubert it's not for everyone. And definitely not quite.